• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
To be fair, my 1080Ti offers 80-90 fps in most games, so a 2080 would probably be just fine for you.
New cards are likely around the corner, so I'm not buying now anyway. I have no big reason to have one at the moment, only for one game right now, so I'm happy to wait a bit.

Yeah, running 1440p it's likely that a regular 3080 will be a good buy without needing a Ti.

I just want the release to be over with now.
Yes, though i imagine even a 3070 would do very well providing these are actually a good jump in performance, which it seems like they will be. If the 3080 is only a little more expensive then i will look at it depending on perf/cost.

Permabanned
I think im going to get a 3080 and EK waterblock and add to existing loop. I will sell my Titan Maxwell's should get couple hundred quid for them each, been along time since i upgraded my GPU.

Will probably be able to get the 3080 up to the speed of a 3080ti stock with a good overclock on water.

Soldato
What makes you think that?

Overclocking the Nvidia cards only gives a couple of % now days.

Yeah you certainly can't get a 2080 to 2080ti performance, it just doesn't have enough cores.

As for the gains they are not as bad as you make it out. I got an extra 10% performance on my ASUS Strix 2080ti without having to replace anything - it's just air cooled. You can actually get 15 to 20% extra performance on a 2080ti with a custom loop

Soldato
Yeah you certainly can't get a 2080 to 2080ti performance, it just doesn't have enough cores.

As for the gains they are not as bad as you make it out. I got an extra 10% performance on my ASUS Strix 2080ti without having to replace anything - it's just air cooled. You can actually get 15 to 20% extra performance on a 2080ti with a custom loop

My experience of water cooling GPU's (1080ti and 2080ti) is that there's actually nothing in it, its just quieter on water, air coolers on 100% are basically going to give you whatever the chip is capable of, like maybe on a warm day it helps you hold those clocks where an air cooler would start hitting thermals, but out side of 30C+ ambient days, no

Soldato
It's something new for a reference cooler at least, assuming it's real. Most will just wait for the board partner cards anyway though.

Soldato
RTX3080 engineering sample prototype coolers

Colour me suspicious. Very suspicious.

Shouldn't the 'RTX 3080' be the other way up? And look at the toe of the PCIe connector. And why does the lower have a cover over the central fins but the other does not? And why does the upper card have the brackets on the right and the lower have them on the left? That lower card would have the GPU fan facing the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom