• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
It's not a sticker it's a proper vinyl skin, so if the white colour offended you so much you could change it.
It's a big vinyl sticker at the end of the day.

I won't be buying on release, will wait for user feedback and tear downs on the thermal cooling/noise, I just cannot see that it's going to be very quiet at all. Happy to keep my cash until they release a later, cheaper, and different colour revision.

Man of Honour
The thing about having a physical drive is that it's one more thing to go wrong down the road. PS4 had some issues with drives failing, which in itself isn't the end of the world, but it would create a hardware fault state which then meant the console refused to update, I assume on account of piracy fears. No drive? No potential for that stuff.

Caporegime
The thing about having a physical drive is that it's one more thing to go wrong down the road. PS4 had some issues with drives failing, which in itself isn't the end of the world, but it would create a hardware fault state which then meant the console refused to update, I assume on account of piracy fears. No drive? No potential for that stuff.
The games prices will be crazy without a disc slot.

£60 a game at PS Store prices, lol. No thanks.

Associate

Actually both PS3 and PS4 were hacked/pirated using dashboard exploits which allowed for installation of unsigned software so nothing to do with drive.

Soldato
Few good games by the looks of it But nothing that would make me buy it

I’ll just wait a couple of years then buy it when it’s cheaper and some appealing games hopefully

Man of Honour
Actually both PS3 and PS4 were hacked/pirated using dashboard exploits which allowed for installation of unsigned software so nothing to do with drive.

I know, but I'm assuming they were covering possibilities and they made it that way. What other reason could they have for blocking updates for consoles with busted drives?

Soldato
But this is the beginning of the end for discs, which is why they will release both versions, PS6 will certainly not have a disc drive 6 or 7 years from now.

I don't disagree. The UK internet infrastructure needs to continue to improve to support this, though. You'll have millions of folks downloading 70-80gb games on release day etc.

Soldato
I think the take up this gen is going to be slower for Sony, Microsoft haven't shot themselves in the foot this time.

We are in a world of diminishing returns, people seem to expect the earth even though it has never before been on offer but now it's gonna be at a even higher price.

Two years down the line when the catalogue starts to grow and some gems start to appear, a console revision happens and after the first real price drop will always be the best time to buy.

We could well get more game revels before the price is announced, the flood gates will open in a couple months.

Soldato
Only just checked out the reveal, I like that there is an all digital version, not purchased a disc in years.

One question can it be placed on its side? no way would that fit on my tv shelve otherwise.

Soldato
If people buy the no disc version then how can they play the ps4 games they have previously bought?

Unless they are prepared to give away digital copies of games we've previously played on our playstation account then effectively the no disc ps5 player is starting from scratch.

Caporegime
If people buy the no disc version then how can they play the ps4 games they have previously bought?

The PlayStation store existed for digital purchases for PS3, fella. :p If you've got PS4 discs then you'll need to buy PS5 normal edition. Or sell them all and rebuy them digitally. Sony won't give you owt for nowt.

Soldato
So out of all those games what did we actually see that will benefit from the secret sauce SSD’s? I don’t think I saw anything.

world class hype by Sony.
I wasn't impressed by last night, the console is hideous and none of the games particularly interested me. But what I will say is that developments like the SSD always take a little time to be utilised properly, just look at how much PS4 games developed between launch and now. I think the SSD is a good development which will be well used.

Soldato
So out of all those games what did we actually see that will benefit from the secret sauce SSD’s? I don’t think I saw anything.

world class hype by Sony.

Despite seeing all the games I was left feeling nothing. I get that graphical leaps aren't as big now as say the jump from ps1-2 was but if someone said all that was on PS4 pro I would believe them.
Really making me rethink what's the point of getting either new console.

Back
Top Bottom