iRacing

Soldato
Does anyone know how to race with a friend in an official race?

we setup a team but no matter what we try we cannot join a session together.

Teams are only for team racing. Being in one with someone has no effect outside of team races. As spunkey said, official races are split by irating. So if there's more than one split you have to be of similar irating.

Soldato
Races are split by iRating so unless you have very close ranks, or there's only a single split, you can't guarantee you'll be in the same race.
Teams are only for team racing. Being in one with someone has no effect outside of team races. As spunkey said, official races are split by irating. So if there's more than one split you have to be of similar irating.

Thanks both, that makes sense I guess.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The first of many I hope. Pretty much a race long battle between the top 4. 1st place (car 10) lost it on the last lap after a couple of position changes between us, kinda feel bad but he was blinking like crazy and disappeared so not sure what happened. All inc points were off track, zero contact. Absolutely superb racing from all 4 of us though. If only they were all like this, so so chuffed.

dDNr66Ph.png.jpg

Soldato
Anybody else take part in last weekends Spa 24?

24hr endurance racing was genuinely one of the best experiences I've had sim racing! Our campaign got off to a blazing start climbing from our 27th place qualifying position to 6th within the first 4 hours. However, what goes up must come down... One of the night shifters stacked it hard around blanchimont resulting in 56min tow/repair, he was genuinely gutted, however this is the nature of racing mistakes happen. This would not be the last incident unfortunately, shortly after the next driver had a moment over raidillon, managed to recompose himself just before getting sent into orbit. We picked up the pieces got it back to pits, repaired and cracked on. With a car that was far from great we proceeded to fight back from 36th to 28th. With 50 minutes to the end, the engine died... we couldnt believe our luck... 48 minutes repair, which despite all difficulties allowed us to finish the race under racing conditions in 30th position. A bitter sweet ending to an absolute emotional rollercoaster of a race. Our goal of completing the teams first 24hr event was acheived in spirit, albeit many laps behind. I cant help but wonder what could have been. That said, this has only just fuelled our hunger for more! bring on the next one!

Think I managed about 2 hours sleep between driving, spotting and just general mincing about watching the race and chatting to the team. 6 tins of Monster, 2 ready meals, a quarter of a birthday cake and a pot noodle were consumed during the race, I still woke up this morning feeling like a zombie.

Soldato

24hr endurance racing was genuinely one of the best experiences I've had sim racing! Our campaign got off to a blazing start climbing from our 27th place qualifying position to 6th within the first 4 hours. However, what goes up must come down... One of the night shifters stacked it hard around blanchimont resulting in 56min tow/repair, he was genuinely gutted, however this is the nature of racing mistakes happen. This would not be the last incident unfortunately, shortly after the next driver had a moment over raidillon, managed to recompose himself just before getting sent into orbit. We picked up the pieces got it back to pits, repaired and cracked on. With a car that was far from great we proceeded to fight back from 36th to 28th. With 50 minutes to the end, the engine died... we couldnt believe our luck... 48 minutes repair, which despite all difficulties allowed us to finish the race under racing conditions in 30th position. A bitter sweet ending to an absolute emotional rollercoaster of a race. Our goal of completing the teams first 24hr event was acheived in spirit, albeit many laps behind. I cant help but wonder what could have been. That said, this has only just fuelled our hunger for more! bring on the next one!

Think I managed about 2 hours sleep between driving, spotting and just general mincing about watching the race and chatting to the team. 6 tins of Monster, 2 ready meals, a quarter of a birthday cake and a pot noodle were consumed during the race, I still woke up this morning feeling like a zombie.

Brilliant Steve. I've only done the shorter endurance's but I've always wanted to do the longer ones, its just finding like minded people.

Just managed to get in a VRS Sprint before the circuit rotation.

Dup

Dup

Soldato

I have no idea how you do it. A 40 min race in the Skippy is dangerous enough. Huge field racing over 24 hours sounds insane to me. I'd love to do it, but I'd feel way too much responsibility for my team mates. Rather go solo!

Managed a race each week so far in the Skippy with mixed fortunes, but so far 2 wins which I'm stoked about. Only run a hand full of races and not spent too much time behind the wheel so pretty happy so far.

Associate
Renewed my iracing subscription after 4 years and damn I am out of practice :D

had a quick racing the BMW around Suzuka short and got punted, But I was way off the pace.

I've noticed a few changes to the 'driving aids' these used to give a penalty if you used them, is this still the same? Do I need to turn off auto engine start and the anti stall clutch or are these penalty free?

Just after a bit of a break down in what I've missed for the past few years and if there are things I defiantly need to look out for or avoid.

I did notice my steering was really sensitive and I was over steering a lot in the skippy, which used to be one of my better cars.

got myself a playseat challenger, my fanatec csw 2.5 and clubsport v1 pedals. my fanatec shifter is not working though, I do have the option for an out of warranty service @ £70 per hour + parts + shipping... or I might buy a new one as it might work out cheaper :s

Looking forward to getting back into it! any tips welcome!

Soldato
I've noticed a few changes to the 'driving aids' these used to give a penalty if you used them, is this still the same? Do I need to turn off auto engine start and the anti stall clutch or are these penalty free?
There's no penalty for using those aids as not everyone has a clutch, or wants to map a button to start the car as it's largely pointless in-game.

Soldato
The 24 feels like ages ago, especially with a 6hr VLN round this weekend to contend with. Our went reasonably well, 15th in 5th split. The biggest annoyance was a big crash on the first lap, we tip toed our way through the carnage only to get rear ended by a car going full out through all the chaos. :rolleyes: Lost some speed and it cost us a minute in repairs at the first stop. Attrition was high though over half the grid did not make the chequered flag.

Associate
Does anyone know if there are any deals for returning players on at the moment?

I got a deal emailed to me yesterday. $5 for three months. I didn't renew at the start of June as I was a bit fed up with it. Have renewed on that deal as is worth it for a few quid. Now I can just have the occasional race without feeling I have to play often to justify the cost. First race back got T boned in the first corner , welcome back!

Associate
I'm patiently waiting for a special offer to return so I can have that pleasure ;)

In fact the stupid thing is when I was active I used to get these emails saying signup as a new member for $5 for 3 months (or whatever) but since my subscription has lapsed I hear nothing.

Associate
I got a deal emailed to me yesterday. $5 for three months. I didn't renew at the start of June as I was a bit fed up with it. Have renewed on that deal as is worth it for a few quid. Now I can just have the occasional race without feeling I have to play often to justify the cost. First race back got T boned in the first corner , welcome back!

Nice. Was their a code or was it already allocated to your account?

Back
Top Bottom