15 police officers hurt in brixton overnight

Caporegime
Brixton is still an absolute dive despite the gentrification. Yeah there's a few nice bars and hipster coffee shops now butas soon as you step outside you feel like you could be stabbed at any second like it's always been.

It always felt like that in Hackney in the 80s/90s. The whole estate was a police no go area and there was very high levels of crime. Never felt safe walking home by myself from the train station in the dark every night. I lived on the 14th floor of one of the big tower blocks. 4 flats per floor. I always remember one night going up in the lift and the doors opening not on my floor and there were 3 guys breaking down the steel door of the flat opposite. Seemed like forever before the doors shut.

My flat mate got stabbed by another tenant over a dispute over his dog.

Was so glad to leave London and move back up north to Yorkshire.

Soldato

Why do you think that could be .

All the press are scared to report that Black Males attacked the police.

In addition I’m sorry to say Mr Policeman’s this it what happens when you take a knee , it shows weakness.

The black community need to take a hard look at themselves before blaming anyone else for life being hard , absent fathers and lack of discipline could be a good start .

Most people I talk with are sick to the back teeth of all of this now .

cos that would be racist! we need some white crime first for diversity
Or maybe because.

Brixton is still an absolute dive despite the gentrification. Yeah there's a few nice bars and hipster coffee shops now butas soon as you step outside you feel like you could be stabbed at any second like it's always been.
Because it is full of council estates.

Soldato
Is this the same group of people complaining that racism is the reason for their higher rates of Covid19? Seeing a Police car being smashed up by a young black man then being told we need to take a knee for BLM LOL

Ah just like the good old days when I lived in Hackney in the 80s and 90s. Nothing has changed. People are fed up and angry that the Govt has ignored them.

There will be lots more riots coming over the next year, mark my words.

They're having a street party, this is due to the government ignoring them? What on Earth

Caporegime
Is this the same group of people complaining that racism is the reason for their higher rates of Covid19? Seeing a Police car being smashed up by a young black man then being told we need to take a knee for BLM LOL

No, it's likely to be a bunch of young people that aren't even politically engaged.

Caporegime
Not according to Greebo, it’s because they feel ignored by the govt. which one is it?

Just because you (might) feel ignored doesn't mean you are politically engaged.

I've currently making my way though 'The Wire' (second time) and despite it being set in a George W Bush era Baltimore, it's still hugely relevant over 10 years on.

Back
Top Bottom