Out of memory, Smart TV

Associate
Hi all, I brought a replacement TV yesterday, nothing fancy, Its a 43" LG smart TV (none 4K) Installed two apps, Disney+ and YouTube. I then went and opened Prime Video logged in and then tried a episode of something and within 5min of playing it stopped and the app closed saying it closed to clear memory, its done this three times now with different programs.

Can anyone shed any light on the issue please.
Its connected to the web via Ethernet cable.

Thanks, Dan

Soldato
Is it an issue with all smart TV's? I don't think so. Never had a message part way through watching something saying its ran out of memory. Likely comes down to the model in question, they all differ in terms of the Hardware the TV has. Not sure of any 1080p panels still (not had an issue on any 4k model used from various brand with apps), but possible the hardware inside in not quiet as capable. As above, would check for updates also.

Permabanned
Is it an issue with all smart TV's? I don't think so. Never had a message part way through watching something saying its ran out of memory. Likely comes down to the model in question, they all differ in terms of the Hardware the TV has. Not sure of any 1080p panels still (not had an issue on any 4k model used from various brand with apps), but possible the hardware inside in not quiet as capable. As above, would check for updates also.

well the memory thing isn’t a problem, I dunno I forgot?

The problem is they don’t update the TVs firmware often enough.

Soldato
Like I've seen recommednded for Sony smart Android Tv's
Prevent auto-start on apps that you do not use (bloatware), even remove them, also, inspect app memory use.

Associate
OP
Yes TV is up to date, and so are the apps.
The TV is a LG 43LM6300, like i said nothing fancy and i wasn't expecting too much, but to not even use the TVs features is a joke. I will arrange a return and have another look around.

Soldato
The smart featues on my old Panasonic plasma were terrible, poor choice and no updates.

On my current Samsung I've got support for everything I want (Amazon, Plex, Netflix, Now TV, Disney+, Apple TV, etc.) and my FireTV is now sat in a drawer. When Disney+ started the app was updated the same evening to support it.

Soldato
I have 3 smart TV, my old Samsung still works without issues, my main XE90 that also works without issues, the only TV I have any issues with is my old Sony 1080p screen as this has had its app store removed, so just bought a roku for £20 to sort that.

Soldato
I actually unplugged my 4k Fire stick, the built in apps are good and updated regularly. The fire stick is probably faster, but honestly, convenience is king for me in this case especially as the missus doesn't want to use a fancy remote or have to use multiple remotes. Can't say I blame her either.

Back
Top Bottom