Jeffrey Epstein

Soldato
OP
I think in the documentary I watched only one women was actually under age when she went to his house. That's not too say there weren't others. She was the one who lived in a trailer park near Palm Beach. Quite a few of the higher profile accusers were adults and even when abused , they went back for more. It's a pretty sad world we live in.

The legal age of consent in the UK is 16, so if Prince Andrew slept with Virginia Roberts when she was 17, what crime has been committed?

Last edited:
Soldato
His conviction is for the procurement Edit: am I misunderstanding the conviction? Procurement to me i interpreted as obtained for someone else, however looking up the definition perhaps I have that wrong. If i have then I guess I owe @dowie an apology. Must be time for bed!

Mods Mods? This person has admitted he might have been wrong on the internet and issued an apology. Is that allowed here or ban?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Ah, ok that explains the mix up. You don't owe me an apology, no worries, I understand what the argument you were putting forward was now - but yeah it is a misunderstanding of 'procurement' the conviction was a result of him paying for a sex act with an underaged girl (for himself) - details from the article cited by wiki are below:

https://nypost.com/2008/06/30/jeffrey-epstein-pleads-guilty-to-prostitution-charges/
Well I feel I do, so please accept them. I try my best but English is my weakest subject, I have learned so much from participating here so please keep pulling me up on things so I can improve :)

Mods Mods? This person has admitted he might have been wrong on the internet and issued an apology. Is that allowed here or ban?
Haha why be a member here if not to learn? We can't grow if we are closed off to input by some strange notion of arrogance or even pride.

Caporegime
What's the Maxwell's net worth? Wikipedia says she's only with £10m Vs Epstein's £599m.

Much more than that. heard the lawyer representing Epsteins victims saying she has over 20 bank accounts with the smallest being several hundred thousand and the largest is over $20m and then there are her assets on top. Hence the lawyer saying they want all that money and asests seized and paid over to the victims just like all of Epstein's money was. This is really just another money grab on behalf of the victims.

Man of Honour
For all the smarts he had in making money and setting up the whole operation, re. the island, the Lolita express, getting in with the world's elite etc. etc. he wasn't too bright when it came to doing the dirty himself. If he wanted to boff 14 year olds, then why not just buy a large pad in Estonia or Brazil to host parties in and do it legally? I mean, it's not like he couldn't afford it.

I suppose some people like it better when it's illegal.
I personally think it was better where he had it because somewhere there is a room containing loads of CCTV sex tapes with high ranking people.

Associate
The point is simply that arguing Epstein is not a convicted paedophile is really silly... he's a "convicted paedophile" because a) he's a paedophile b) he was convicted for an offence in relation to that & that's all you can say about anyone who could be described as a "convicted paedophile".

A Paedophile is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children. Epstein was seemingly attracted to pubescent teenagers, which would make him a herbophile and young women, which most men are attracted to as it's the optimal age for a viable pregnancy.

I realise this is semantics, although I also believe the crime of paedophilia is far worse

Caporegime
I think in the documentary I watched only one women was actually under age when she went to his house. That's not too say there weren't others. She was the one who lived in a trailer park near Palm Beach. Quite a few of the higher profile accusers were adults and even when abused , they went back for more. It's a pretty sad world we live in.

The legal age of consent in the UK is 16, so if Prince Andrew slept with Virginia Roberts when she was 17, what crime has been committed?

I might be reading this the wrong way but this seems to be getting rather close to victim-blaming.

Soldato

Sex with a minor for a start. Then theres links to sex trafficking etc.

Permabanned
A Paedophile is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children. Epstein was seemingly attracted to pubescent teenagers, which would make him a herbophile and young women, which most men are attracted to as it's the optimal age for a viable pregnancy.

I realise this is semantics, although I also believe the crime of paedophilia is far worse

Okay friend, let me explain something to you since you seem to be new here. Hebephilia is NOT the same thing as pedophilia. I'm sick and tired of you trolls popping up everywhere and spreading BLATANT misinformation. In many countries hebephilia is considered normal and healthy. Human beings have a natural attraction to girls who are going through puberty. Being attracted to girls who are pre-pubescent is sick and disgusting, but only in the US does there seem to be an unwarranted taboo around a healthy and normal condition. My head hurts. I'm just trying to get my real life back.

Associate
Quite a few of the higher profile accusers were adults and even when abused , they went back for more. It's a pretty sad world we live in.

It's almost as if they weren't abused at all but simply participated in consensual sex between adults while living a jetset lifestyle and now they've been discarded are hoping to get some free money with a court case

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I might be reading this the wrong way but this seems to be getting rather close to victim-blaming.
This is not twitter. If you are going to use terminology as useless as "victim-blaming" then perhaps qualify your post with informed opinion or reasoning, otherwise whats the point in your post? We must have standards that we, ourselves follow.

It's almost as if they weren't abused at all but simply participated in consensual sex between adults while living a jetset lifestyle and now they've been discarded are hoping to get some free money with a court case
I'd perhaps try to look through their perspective a little, there are different kinds of abuse and a victim of manipulation may not act as expected.

Caporegime
This is not twitter. If you are going to use terminology as useless as "victim-blaming" then perhaps qualify your post with informed opinion or reasoning, otherwise whats the point in your post? We must have standards that we, ourselves follow.

The term existed long before Twitter... It doesn't really need qualifying, does it? I accepted that I may have taken the post the wrong way but it reads like because the victims went back then it was mostly their own fault. It just seems to completely disregard how abuse works, particularly with people as powerful as Epstein.

Associate
Okay friend, let me explain something to you since you seem to be new here. Hebephilia is NOT the same thing as pedophilia. I'm sick and tired of you trolls popping up everywhere and spreading BLATANT misinformation. In many countries hebephilia is considered normal and healthy. Human beings have a natural attraction to girls who are going through puberty. Being attracted to girls who are pre-pubescent is sick and disgusting, but only in the US does there seem to be an unwarranted taboo around a healthy and normal condition. My head hurts. I'm just trying to get my real life back.

I think that's kind of what I said, in not so many words. The age of consent being as high as 18 is a very modern phenomenon.

Associate
I'd perhaps try to look through their perspective a little, there are different kinds of abuse and a victim of manipulation may not act as expected.

It seems they only decided they were 'victims of abuse' after the relationship had ended. You set a very dangerous precident for sexual consent laws by prosecuting someone for having sex with another consenting adult.

The fact they are also seeking damages from a billionaire is a huge incentivisation for dishonest testimony.

Permabanned
I think that's kind of what I said, in not so many words. The age of consent being as high as 18 is a very modern phenomenon.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as pedophilia, is in fact, hebephilia, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, ephebophilia. Pedophilia is not merely the attraction to anyone under 18, but rather a totally separate disorder (not a legal term) listed as a sexual-psychological disorder categorized under paraphilias, a group of sexual-psychological disorders in the DSM-IV and considered a disorder under the standards of the American Psychological Association. Many people could be considered ephebophiles despite the fact that they themselves may not know the term, much less what it means. Through a peculiar turn of events, ephebophilia and hebephilia became grouped under the very general and inconclusive cultural term "pedophilia," and the majority of people using the term are unaware that they are referring to non-paraphilic sexual preferences that are unmentioned in the DSM-IV and occur relatively harmlessly in a great deal of the population. There really is a pedophilia, and these people may be referring to it, but nevertheless it is a small part of what is labeled under "pedophilia." Pedophilia is labeled as a paraphilia because it is by nature unhealthy. Paraphilias are all unhealthy and destructive to relationships, but are restricted to the definitions set forth in the DSM. Pedophilia is simply grouped with the non pathologized conditions of hebephilia and hebephilia because they share a few similar traits. In reality, pedophilia separate from both and should be treated as such, and many people described as pedophiles would be better described as hebephiles or ephebophiles.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The term existed long before Twitter... It doesn't really need qualifying, does it? I accepted that I may have taken the post the wrong way but it reads like because the victims went back then it was mostly their own fault. It just seems to completely disregard how abuse works, particularly with people as powerful as Epstein.
Thanks, understood. I'm not sure of it's origins but since twitter it is often posted without having the justification or point of the post alongside, pretty empty in terms of content when read.

It seems they only decided they were 'victims of abuse' after the relationship had ended.
So did some of the Romford girls.

You set a very dangerous precident for sexual consent laws by prosecuting someone for having sex with another consenting adult
I guess that is where evidence and court trials are used to ensure the correct justice.
The fact they are also seeking damages from a billionaire is a huge incentivisation for dishonest testimony.
Yes, but it is also a powerful asset for a predator.

Caporegime
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as pedophilia, is in fact, hebephilia, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, ephebophilia. Pedophilia is not merely the attraction to anyone under 18, but rather a totally separate disorder (not a legal term) listed as a sexual-psychological disorder categorized under paraphilias, a group of sexual-psychological disorders in the DSM-IV and considered a disorder under the standards of the American Psychological Association. Many people could be considered ephebophiles despite the fact that they themselves may not know the term, much less what it means. Through a peculiar turn of events, ephebophilia and hebephilia became grouped under the very general and inconclusive cultural term "pedophilia," and the majority of people using the term are unaware that they are referring to non-paraphilic sexual preferences that are unmentioned in the DSM-IV and occur relatively harmlessly in a great deal of the population. There really is a pedophilia, and these people may be referring to it, but nevertheless it is a small part of what is labeled under "pedophilia." Pedophilia is labeled as a paraphilia because it is by nature unhealthy. Paraphilias are all unhealthy and destructive to relationships, but are restricted to the definitions set forth in the DSM. Pedophilia is simply grouped with the non pathologized conditions of hebephilia and hebephilia because they share a few similar traits. In reality, pedophilia separate from both and should be treated as such, and many people described as pedophiles would be better described as hebephiles or ephebophiles.

Or just call them nonces.

Back
Top Bottom