** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Seeing a post on Reddit about flickering whilst using G-Sync. First I’m seeing of this, so hopefully it’s a dodgy unit. It is still worrying though considering how the CHG series was with flickering, and the last thing anyone wants is a Panel lottery with regards to a (what I consider) major flaw

Associate
Seeing a post on Reddit about flickering whilst using G-Sync. First I’m seeing of this, so hopefully it’s a dodgy unit. It is still worrying though considering how the CHG series was with flickering, and the last thing anyone wants is a Panel lottery with regards to a (what I consider) major flaw

Sounds like it's the game he's playing, actual FPS are going lower than 60-240FPS VRR range. Guy is only checking FPS counter on screen...
Thinking of a 32" with my 2080TI I should be ok but little wary about the 80-240VRR range vs 60-240 of the 27".

Associate
probably an issue with nvidia drivers / firmware, i dont think it will be a permanant problem.

mind you, i think 80hz is quite bad for g-sync, there are plently of GPUs that run games at 60-80 at 1440p.

Soldato
Got mine yesterday from another website. No gsync flicker for me at all. What’s bananas is I wasn’t expecting to see a difference from 144 to 240hz but I definitely see a difference when playing valorant last night. Pretty sure it’s Improved my aim a fair bit. Response time is bloody great and the picture handles fast movements with ease. Well worth the 450!

Associate
Got mine yesterday from another website. No gsync flicker for me at all. What’s bananas is I wasn’t expecting to see a difference from 144 to 240hz but I definitely see a difference when playing valorant last night. Pretty sure it’s Improved my aim a fair bit. Response time is bloody great and the picture handles fast movements with ease. Well worth the 450!

27 or 32 inch?

Associate
It would be great if someone can test the low frame rate compensation. E.g. just playing a game below the vrr range

Associate
Do you notice smearing at all? I have the 27HG70 and never notice it, but many people complain about this for Samsung VA panels. I wonder if this is something Samsung have tried to improve as a lot of people will not touch VA due to this .

Soldato
Not something I notice myself too, Playing Val at 300fps just insanely smooth to me all the time. Moreso when using MBR since it doesn't nuke the nits its insanely usable now.

Associate
I've been searching around for a bit and there is a custom resolution program where it might be possible to force the vrr range wider. Not sure its necessary given lfc, but it is a concern for the 32inch.

Soldato
Thats good to know, never experienced it, but apparently thats one of the best combos a monitor can have.

Maybe it does, am not sure, Apdative sync disables when you wanna control the response time but Nvidia CP still sees the display as freesync/gsync. So am unable to tell.

Soldato
80hz - 244hz range ? on the 32inch G7 what if i play game thats fps is the range of 60-80 I read about the LFC is that confirmed to keep it smooth and tear free ?

Last edited:
Associate
Pre-Ordered the 32" G7 Yesterday......very excited....first ever high refresh rate gaming monitor I've ever had....always had a high end gaming PC...but always stuck with a non gaming 60hz ultrawide...and after just building a new rig, thought this would go nicely with it along with a 3080ti when they come out....would have liked a 4K option, but this looks pretty epic.

I assume nobody knows when they are landing for delivery?

Back
Top Bottom