** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Has anyone ran a curved and flat screen in a dual monitor setup before?

I fancy one of these but I wouldn’t want to drop my existing Dell 27”. I would run the curved screen directly in front of me and the flat screen as a secondary off to the side at an angle.

Associate
My life has now devolved into visiting OCUK every couple of hours, clicking the "my orders" page and hoping to see "Not Yet Shipped" has changed.

Associate

I fancy one of these but I wouldn’t want to drop my existing Dell 27”. I would run the curved screen directly in front of me and the flat screen as a secondary off to the side at an angle.
I switched to the 27", because I need dual monitors. I might do one vertical next to it. I want the G7 in the center of my desk.

Soldato
I switched to the 27", because I need dual monitors. I might do one vertical next to it. I want the G7 in the center of my desk.

Ah yes, I hadn’t thought of doing it vertical! That would save a lot of space.

My main concern is how thick the curved screen would be, I have my current screen pushed right back on my desk but I think the sides of the G7 would be much further forward creating a lot of dead space behind the secondary 27” screen.

Associate
My main concern is how thick the curved screen would be, I have my current screen pushed right back on my desk but I think the sides of the G7 would be much further forward creating a lot of dead space behind the secondary 27” screen.
Curve and stand (excessively pointy in rear) look to add a lot of depth. My current screen plane is like 8 cm from back edge of the table. Wouldn't want it much closer
Like I said before, will need to look at VESA mounts

Associate
Thinking about purchasing the G9 too in the future perhaps for my work setup. Be great to see what everyones opinions are once they start receiving them.

Soldato
My life has now devolved into visiting OCUK every couple of hours, clicking the "my orders" page and hoping to see "Not Yet Shipped" has changed.

LOL mine isn;t as mine was a partial order part of which has shipped, it stats shipped and delivered, even though the monitor is on a back order bit, it might well be a complete surprise when it arrives.

Associate
LOL mine isn;t as mine was a partial order part of which has shipped, it stats shipped and delivered, even though the monitor is on a back order bit, it might well be a complete surprise when it arrives.

See for me its the last piece in a £2500 puzzle that I'm waiting for lol

Associate

I did this for a couple of days and maybe it's because I'm not used to a curved screen but when looking at the flat screen after the curved the flat screen actually started to look curved outward lol.

I also got a lot of headaches and motion sickness but not sure if this was just because a new monitor, curving or a combo of the curve/non-curved screens.

Back
Top Bottom