Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can anyone recommend me a decent black trim restorer please? I'm looking to do the trim around the windows, and the trim on the bottom of the back bumper on my Mk3 Octavia.

The window trim is smooth, and the bumper trim is rough if that makes any difference? Thanks.

CarPro PERL? I like it for the rubber/plastics on my car.

Soldato
Rolled the old girl out to give her a quick clean and hand polish
IMG_4248.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
What a machine! I bet that is a real event to drive.

I'm ashamed to say I don't actually know what it is, any further details?

Cleaning day today. The Race Glaze filter is behaving superbly and is a bit of a god send as my driveway has full direct sunlight till the early evening, so I can now clean away with no issues.

I coated my wheels in Polish Angel Supersport PTFE wheel sealant & dressed the tyres with 2 coats of Swissvax Pnue. If the Polish Angel performs like their paint coatings then they need a little cure time but then they really bring out the flake thanks to the titanium content. Not cheap but a tiny amount goes a very long way with all their products.

Swissvax Pneu has dried to a very nice matt finish, just what I was looking for. Let's see how it lasts.

50129299836_77280049e7_c.jpg

Shots like this remind me just how much I need to invest in a machine polisher and fully correct the car...

Soldato
What a machine! I bet that is a real event to drive.

I'm ashamed to say I don't actually know what it is, any further details?

it’s a 1952 Allard J2X, 6L Cadillac V8 under the bonnet.

Allard is an old English marque, mainly active pre and post WWII but continued producing cars in small volumes for some time after.

The J2X was an evolution of the very successful (in racing) J2 but despite being more advanced than the J2 was never as successful in period as the competition had caught up.

There were 83 J2Xs produced in total and this one was originally exported to Africa.

It’s a strategically taken photograph...the car mid restoration and currently has no engine and no back end, but yes it is certainly an event to drive!

Soldato
Looking to thorough clean the inside of my SLK - need someone to recommend some good products for me please .

It’s 15 years old now and and could do with good interior scrub .

BLACK LEATHER SEATS - No damage at all but need a good clean , slight discolour on the drivers bolster . Is there a kit out there that will restore the slight discolour ( not that bad ) clean , and restore some supplies and give it that Matt finish again ?

Plastic Interior pieces - No issues just need a good scrub , steering wheel is dirty .

I await your recommend please ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Lots of people. The most common, and arguably best options are CarPro PERL, Aerospace 303 and ODK Cabin. Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Treatment is used by a few on here too, though I personally find the durability to he very lacking and find it too slippery.

Soldato

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Wife’s new car booked in for horrendously expensive polish and ceramic coating next week.

Considering it was brand new the state of the paintwork was shocking, swirling was pretty heavy on it.

Still, we’ll be keeping it a fair while and seems a good time to get it all sorted whilst it’s new and not too grubby.

It’s having the Autosmart Matrix Black coating, 8 year ‘warranty’ on it!

Soldato
Considering it was brand new the state of the paintwork was shocking, swirling was pretty heavy on it.
It's because the dealers "valets" give it a quick once over with a bucket of dirty water and a gritty sponge!

Friend of mine took he nearly brand new Range Rover in for a service, told them not to wash but they did anyway and when it came out it looked awful. He kicked up a big fuss and in the end the dealership agreed to stump up nearly £700 to have it paint corrected.

Soldato
It's because the dealers "valets" give it a quick once over with a bucket of dirty water and a gritty sponge!

Friend of mine took he nearly brand new Range Rover in for a service, told them not to wash but they did anyway and when it came out it looked awful. He kicked up a big fuss and in the end the dealership agreed to stump up nearly £700 to have it paint corrected.

yeah they think they're doing you a favor.

good example, brand new car, paint already swirled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom