Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.1%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
If the Lockhart console comes out for about £249 and can do everything the XSX can but at 1080p or 1440p (same frames) then it's probably an easy buy. I don't have any more HDMI 2.0 sockets left on my TV, LMAO. :D Need something for the HDMI 1.4 one.

Caporegime
I’ve never played a Fable game. Do the 360 games hold up well and can I play the latest one first?

Probably not.

Fable 2 was the highlight, but they aren't really RPG's full of depth. I'm not sure what I would compare it to really as a game...

Mass Effect 2 maybe? I don't recall weapons stats and armour mattering much but the World was great.

Soldato

Does she have to swear to make her point?

I'd rather the industry didn't go this route myself but it undoubtedly will.

I'm not sure how much of this money will go to the studio in the end.

Netflix being a similar idea is absolutely rammed with medioca content with the odd gem popping up now and then, but most of the good stuff is old.

Permabanned
I sold my GPU in my PC for a decent price, partly because of how much they're selling for, another was hoping SX would blow me away and to be honest, I have a one x at the moment. I might just upgrade my graphics card for gamepass games if they're releasing at the same time and get a PS5.

Soldato
Spoke to a mate that worked on MCC stuff in a Canadian studio (still does). Apparently that demo was just used for showing gameplay style internally and nothing more, at that time that all of the demo was playable live. He and many others are massively shocked that it was used. They seem massively behind on being close to a release date. He hasn't seen anything newer but he doesn't work first hand on the end look stuff.

Soldato
The reactions to the Xbox Series X game revels is surprising. I think a lot of people had really unrealistic expectations and seem to have forgotten that games spend years in development and nearly all of those games would have been originally developed on XBone hardware as developers probably haven't had developers kit until fairly recently so have had little time to port existing titles to the new platform let alone start adding in optimisations and features such as ray tracing. Your looking at another 2/3 years until you start seeing games really take advantage of the hardware on offer, for now console gamers can enjoy the experience of playing games at 60/120 FPS with a variable refresh support.

I excited for Psychonauts 2! The sequel to the original brilliant game is long overdue.

Associate
Spoke to a mate that worked on MCC stuff in a Canadian studio (still does). Apparently that demo was just used for showing gameplay style internally and nothing more, at that time that all of the demo was playable live. He and many others are massively shocked that it was used. They seem massively behind on being close to a release date. He hasn't seen anything newer but he doesn't work first hand on the end look stuff.

Thanks for the post. I'd be interested in hearing anything else that comes through. Even non game IRL work seems to be all rushed out the door now.

I've not watched all the show,but am excited for MS. XB1 was the worst console ever for me. But having new Halo available for it gives me faith. The new consoles having decent CPUs and SSDs is more of a quality of life improvement imo. Boot times and UI lag is why i went back to PC. I'm not fussed about 4k as it's just a huge financial investment for me. 60+ fps is a trap financial trap i don't wanna get sucked into right now either. Once playing at 120fps you never go back they say.

Gamepass is awesome, but i don't play enough. Still awaiting those all important console price releases.

Soldato
Halo is cleary far from finished and would expect it to look a lot better on release, that said, very underwhelming all told.

Microsoft again with the 'worlds most powerful console' yet still lacking the outright quality of games to back it all up, same as last gen then.

I remain open to be converted but going on that not a chance, at least not yet.

Soldato
I was genuinely excited about a few of the titles revealed, but not about the actual trailers, if that makes sense? Avowed, Darktide, and STALKER 2 are all my kinda thing, but are so far away, there's not much point in getting excited.

In general, the showcase just didn't make a compelling case in favour of buying a Series X console. It does put forward a strong argument for Game Pass, and maybe that was the point.

Soldato
Netflix being a similar idea is absolutely rammed with medioca content with the odd gem popping up now and then, but most of the good stuff is old.

True but game pass is pretty amazing for the price and I would honestly consider buying an Xbox just for the game pass subscription! It really is a killer service. Hopefully it forces Sony to follow suit with something similar.

And I'm normally a bit of a Sony pony :p

Soldato
You’re forgetting that you can buy and sell second hand games for zero cost, unlike the rip off PC market that locks out selling games.

If I would be a developer, that (what you call "the PC rip off), would be better to me, as any game sold to another gamer, after the initial sell, brings no money (to me), so it makes no difference if is pirated or sold "n" times.

Also, as a gamer, I would rather support the developers by actually giving them money through a direct buy than finding ways around it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve never played a Fable game. Do the 360 games hold up well and can I play the latest one first?

Well worth playing. But run though them in order. The third is probably the weakest anyway.

I recently finished Fable and started Fable 2. Just wish the latter two games would get a PC release.

Soldato
I thought the Halo demo was great, just lacking the final polish that will be there come launch day. In terms of gameplay, that is Halo.

I'm re-watching the event, looks better in higher res than the original stream but still not a jaw dropping experience.

I don't think there is long to add much polish, 2 to 3 months I would guess before the game needs to go gold and be sent out for manufacturing. Obviously work will continue and we'll see a hefty day one patch which seems to be standard nowadays but like you say it's Halo.

As has been noted it wasn't even running on an XSX, which is slightly concerning at this late stage.

Associate
I'm re-watching the event, looks better in higher res than the original stream but still not a jaw dropping experience.

I don't think there is long to add much polish, 2 to 3 months I would guess before the game needs to go gold and be sent out for manufacturing. Obviously work will continue and we'll see a hefty day one patch which seems to be standard nowadays but like you say it's Halo.

As has been noted it wasn't even running on an XSX, which is slightly concerning at this late stage.
Oh yeah, the stream made it look really bad but in 4K it looked much better. There is an earlier video of what it should look like and I think it will look great. It was the reveal trailer I think.

Back
Top Bottom