• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Yeah they seem like the option's, I'm betting we won't see the Ti till June next year, seems to be the norm.
This is what worries me and is pushing me down option 2 (im upgrading form 1080ti). Its not the money so much but the faff of selling and the risk of getting burnt on the bay or something like that. Need to get an extra 500 posts in there to get to the MM:cool:

Only hope is that big navi smashes it and the 3080 ti gets released as a counter in the next few months.

Caporegime
Ive seen many things across the web tbh im just going to wait for concrete reviews now

Yeah its all interpolation atm. The 3080 is atm assumed to be 35% faster than a 2080ti across the board on average and a 3090 will be 60% faster.

I cant find out how much faster a 3080 is above a 3070 to know if that comes out faster than a 2080ti.

Of course the slides used by Nvidia states that games tested used DLSS and RT where supported in the above averages so you may find without those features being on, the 3070 may well lose out to a 2080ti in some games and even the 3080 may just match a 2080ti with the 3090 being just 20% faster.

If you use DLSS and RT then clearly the gains are going to be much much better for you.

Associate
Do we have UK prices for the GPUs?

I have a 650W EVGA GPU. Am I screwed?

Yes, the prices are already out there. OCUK has a bunch of partner cards listed at various prices, and nvidia already have the founders editions on their site. IIRC the 3070 FE is £469, the 3080 FE is £649 and the 3090 is about a kidney and a half :)

Your PSU should be fine for a 3070, which is a 220W card. A 3080 at 320W might be pushing it though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just catches up with this thread :p

Here we go!

tenor.gif

Made me chuckle :)

Yesterday there was about 50 pages moaning about the low Vram on the 3070 & 3080 and today there seems to be no posts about it :eek::confused:

RTX IO ;)

I already have PCIe 4.0 so plenty bandwidth for it to work with either my Intel Optane or Samsung NVME.

Yup, they really ****ed over 2080Ti buyers a little eh!!!

:D

Not like it is the first time, don’t get why people are surprised. Happens nearly every time. That is why one sells it before new cards launch. Not rocket science :p

Well it shows the 2080Ti was overpriced, which is what we have been saying for 600 pages..

Yep. It was. Even Nvidia admitted it, demolishing ALXAndy’s argument. Oh it’s because of die size bla bla bla... Sure die size makes a difference in price but not the huge difference in price we were seeing for god sakes, but he was not having it. Lol.

Oh and so much for those saying this gen will be much more expensive because of r&d and manufacturing costs etc. Told you it would not and explained why ;)

Exciting times though mate, 3080 is def where it's at atm :)

3090 is monstrous but for 15-20% extra performance just nowhere near worth it!

100% agreed.

As long as you have used it in such fashion, I can sleep easy knowing this! :p

Lol.

Keep an eye on OcUK webshop, I have added quite a few 3000 series cards this evening giving OcUK largest range in UK at present and potentially world.

Pricing is very strong on these new cards, not much word on supply yet but hopefully that will be strong too.

My thinking is a potential repeat of GTX 970 launch where we sold like 10,000 units in first month because it was incredible value and well the 3070 and 3080 are incredible value for the performance and the 3090 is a monster. EPIC CARDS!

Where is the Zotac cards? Also pricing seems kind of poor. Will force people to go direct to Nvidia imo.

3070's are all budget monstrosities for more than nVidia? Are your prices correct?
£649-£799 on a 3080 is puzzling? Please explain.

Exactly.

I would like the 3090.
But. I want to see real benchies and if it can overclock.

I won't be paying the £200 more for an aftermarket cooler.
When I can get a Alphacool water cooling system for under £200.

How about you?

Did you not say you would not pay over x amount, £800 I think it was. Now you are happy to pay near double for what? The extra 15-20% performance? Does not make much sense to me to be honest, apart from maybe “I want the best”. But if it is that, I can almost guarantee you, they will release a Titan at some point, so it won’t be the best Ampere.

I don't get why everyone so happy about the pricing still. Is it just because Nvidia so grossly overpriced the 20 series that anything looks good.

The 3070 is still £150 more than what the 770, 970 and 1070 were priced at on average. That still puts it a whole tier up compares to three other generations.

Same premise with the 3080 pricing too. People are mad to think it represents overall good value to gamers. If they had dropped prices back in line with those generations I would be getting the reaction because that's where real value and cost to performance would shine.

Because Nvidia’s marketing worked perfectly, like a Jedi mind trick. Like I have been saying for ages, they pumped out a bunch of fake news about prices, got people thinking it will be a lot more expensive and then once it is out at the maximum price it should have been anyway, people are OMG, bargain!!!!

Not meaning to be pedantic, but wasn't it "to all my Pascal gamer friends, it's now safe to upgrade".

I took it as an acknowledgement that Turing sales were much lower than desired and that they know there's a massive market for these new Ampere cards.

Indeed. So much for those defending Turing sales :p

Really? Pretty surprising he's kind of saying Turing wasn't up to much...

Yea. Too funny :D

funny that when it comes to gaming and CPU’s a few percent means nothing in the CPU section according to some?

Yea, goes to show his bias, but he will not admit it ;)

Regardless of the new power connector, AMD will always keep you warmer than Nvidia.

Oh this again from you :rolleyes:

So that's me with a now way overpriced 2080ti in the members market lol that 24hr price drop is going tonight is going to be huge :eek::eek::rolleyes::p!

I'm just glad I got mine for an absolute steal in April... what should I be asking for a Aorus Xtreme 2080ti with narrow water block fitted now?

I just don’t get if you had planned on upgrading to 3000 series why you did not sell it a few weeks ago?

If priced right I may consider going for one of those myself. It needs to be about £499 or there abouts or one might as well go 3080, assuming RTX IO works anyway.

All I can say is that there's going to be a lot of early adopter 3080 buyers remorse going around in 6-9mths time when Nvidia release the 3080Ti with 20GB of VRAM...:p

Getting older really does teach you the value of 'Patience is a virtue'.

That does not make sense to me. If that is the case one should buy a 3090 now then. Usually the best time to buy is near release these days.

I mean the only way what you are saying will be somewhat true is if the 3080Ti comes in under £700, which is doubtful.

Yes, sometimes you talk perfect sense Andy! :D

Haha +1 :D

Did you get yours for an absolute steal too?:D
Lol :D

Back
Top Bottom