• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
@Gibbo So is there anyway to find out what batch of cards we'll be getting since it sounds like things have definitely been oversold. Bought the Strix which I know is currently delayed til probably at least the 30th but still like to know if there is a system in place to basically say whether I'm in the first batch of cards that arrive or if will be waiting until who knows when because then I'd rather just keep my eye out for other places randomly getting stock.

Associate
Clear price gouging. My card shut up £40 whilst in basket and by time payment was made.

Scan even worse. Got an order in from scan but confirmation email said payment could not be processed and to change payment method. Clicked on link to amend payment and scan wanted another £50 for same card.

Associate
I hope orders are honoured according to the time the order was made and not when payment was processed as there are delays with PayPal and Amazon Pay transactions.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I had Asus TUF 3080 in my basket @ £649 but have been billed £698 on my credit card, could you please rectify, I have been trying to ring the store but no answer.

pAw65qy.jpg

That is bad.

Surely it was a monumentally silly idea to start changing prices AS people were buying them/checking out? Especially during such a frenzied period :confused:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Funny how prices didn't change when ordering the other big pre order device today (PS5) there was none of this utter shambles of prices changing mid checkout.

Yet GPU prices somehow have a mind of their own. They must exist inside their own little bubble

Soldato
buy now and save more.

low stock? check
Brexit? check
weak £? check

just missing miners for the complete list.

Exactly ... while other e-tailers and high street stores are selling them at MSRP :rolleyes:. The best example being the EVGA FTW the prices here are silly compared to other places that are gouging too..

Example:- EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 £779.99 - ‎Pre-order from another e-tailor that's price gouges too ... but OCUK £830 ... but usa price is from evga site for the ultra version which is the most expensive version of the FTW is $809.99 so basically £625 + 20% VAT = £750 total for the ultra FTW but again OCUK £900...

Seriously if this gouging is going on i'm out and buying from Nvidia direct and i'm wanting a 3090 not a 3080 so you can imagine the gouging on that.. sorry nope.. it's becoming robbery now.. I'm willing to wait and not pay the gouging rates.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Evening guys

Totally crazy day, we are working hard to download orders and keep site online and forums.
We will have a better picture tomorrow and shall give you an update tomorrow morning, so please wait until then as I shall be speaking with board partners and NVIDIA first thing.

Associate
Surely the current pre-order
Evening guys

Totally crazy day, we are working hard to download orders and keep site online and forums.
We will have a better picture tomorrow and shall give you an update tomorrow morning, so please wait until then as I shall be speaking with board partners and NVIDIA first thing.

Gibbo I ordered two 3080s, will they both get cancelled?

Caporegime
Funny how prices didn't change when ordering the other big pre order device today (PS5) there was none of this utter shambles of prices changing mid checkout.

Yet GPU prices somehow have a mind of their own. They must exist inside their own little bubble

Yup, like i said earlier imagine going into a store, picking something off a shelf at a marked price, going to the checkout and being told something along the lines of "oh the exchange rate changed 5 seconds ago, that item is now £50-£100 more". That's basically what is going on here and it makes zero ******* sense. In a real brick and mortar store that would lead to either an argument, or the employee behind the till getting the head stuck on him by someone. :eek:

Associate
Evening guys

I'm sure everyone feels totally reassured. Yup.

Soldato
Evening guys

If you could give us a rough timeline on whether orders will be fulfilled that would be excellent. Placed an order just now and i expect to be waiting a little while but a more definitive answer would be nice.

Caporegime
The NVIDIA statement was pretty amusing, the cards only started production in August and they had the reveal Sept 1st, for a release mid Sept. For all we know they only had full production for 2-3 weeks tops and of those obviously some are unusable. Talk about a desperation launch.

Soldato
Yup, like i said earlier imagine going into a store, picking something off a shelf at a marked price, going to the checkout and being told something along the lines of "oh the exchange rate changed 5 seconds ago, that item is now £50-£100 more". That's basically what is going on here and it makes zero ******* sense. In a real brick and mortar store that would lead to either an argument, or the employee behind the till getting the head stuck on him by someone. :eek:

Totally - the price is the price. For it to fluctuate like that on a minute by minute basis is outrageous. Seen loads of people on twitter got stung by the bait and switch.

Associate
This pretty much, I ordered one earlier today and the money was taken. This was before the "Pre order" stuff appeared. Am I going to actually get it anytime soon or not. Would like to know.

OcUK Staff
OP
If you could give us a rough timeline on whether orders will be fulfilled that would be excellent. Placed an order just now and i expect to be waiting a little while but a more definitive answer would be nice.

Hopefully in the morning when board partners will hopefully have next weeks and the week after shipment detail and quantities available but won't know more until the morning and will truly know the true size of the order volume.

Soldato
@Gibbo So is there anyway to find out what batch of cards we'll be getting since it sounds like things have definitely been oversold. Bought the Strix which I know is currently delayed til probably at least the 30th but still like to know if there is a system in place to basically say whether I'm in the first batch of cards that arrive or if will be waiting until who knows when because then I'd rather just keep my eye out for other places randomly getting stock.

I second this. Is there anywhere we can see when our individual orders are expected to go out? I know you've got some MSI cards coming in tomorrow; am I in that batch or am I waiting x days/weeks/months? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom