• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I managed to purchase a card and can see the order in my account and can see the charge on my card but I have yet to receive the conformation email. Is this normal due to how busy today is and is my order ok or does not receiving the email mean something is wrong?

Soldato
Price hike. 649 to 739 within an hour and even then you can't get past payment. Fails to load. Last time I'll EVER use a lot of etailers and the no 1 culprit was OCUK & Scan.

Associate
I managed to purchase a card and can see the order in my account and can see the charge on my card but I have yet to receive the conformation email. Is this normal due to how busy today is and is my order ok or does not receiving the email mean something is wrong?

I hope so as its the same for me. I am sure it takes a bit of time to update

Associate
Nvidia RTX 30 series - scarcer than a black market kidney and twice the price :p

All those shadowy figures in the online retail business wringing their hands harder than Monty Burns at the prospect of taking your every last penny :rolleyes:

Soldato
Price hike. 649 to 739 within an hour and even then you can't get past payment. Fails to load. Last time I'll EVER use a lot of etailers and the no 1 culprit was OCUK & Scan.

I got the same, I couldnt log into my account to complete checkout. I now still cant log into my account and the card in my basket has gone up £50. Pretty disapointing.

Soldato
It is exchange rates but it's much nicer and more honest than you think.

Prices would go up if the expected first batch amount sells and the price paid for the next batch was higher. I don't think anything anti consumer is happening it's just different batches of cards ordered at different times over the past few months selling out and going back on the store as live data.

no one is adjusting the price on a per customer basis here, just you saw the September batch sell and got an an October batch import price. All the etailers have done the same today.

Soldato
Dunno how you guys have been posting - both the shop website and forum have been inaccessible to me between about 13:50 and 17:00.

Might be an idea to have the forum on separate servers / cloud instances. Will OcUK have more capacity for the remaining 30 series launches, Big Navi and Zen 3 or is it going to be down each time?

Associate
I ordered the 3080 eagle but my order got messed up tried to change payment method and it signed me out then back in to a different email and suddenly got a confirmation of purchase through amazon pay. Original price was £649.99 with free delivery. Ended up £649.99 + £50 + delivery fee even though I get free shipping on here.

Caporegime
The actual difference between the exchange rate now and the 1st Sept on $699 is about ~£20

I don't know why we cant just have honesty. Yes, the exchange rate changed a bit, but there is definitely some extra gouging going on there.

Associate
It’d be nice if we could at least get a confirmation email or an estimate delivery date or something, as of right now I’m down £840 without even an order confirmation to show for it :rolleyes:

Soldato
I had no intention on placing an order personally. When you factor in these cards were sub 1k, so far more within the means of the majority plus a great deal of people skipped Turing due to the small margins...

This was always going to be a day one clustercluck of epic proportions. The demand was huge.

Waiting has never made more sense. 3090 reviews and 20gb revisions on the horizon.

Last edited:
Associate
It is exchange rates but it's much nicer and more honest than you think.

Prices would go up if the expected first batch amount sells and the price paid for the next batch was higher. I don't think anything anti consumer is happening it's just different batches of cards ordered at different times over the past few months selling out and going back on the store as live data.

no one is adjusting the price on a per customer basis here, just you saw the September batch sell and got an an October batch import price. All the retailers have done the same today.
Its a nice idea, but find it a bit unlikely its just driven by currency. They saw demand.

Caporegime
Its a nice idea, but find it a bit unlikely its just driven by currency. They saw demand.

Absolutely.

The pound didn't drop today. It dropped over a week ago..

The fact prices were changing today, and whilst people had them in basket is simply because of demand.

Would much prefer retailers just to be honest about that, than make excuses.

Associate
After having issues with ordering from 1400 GMT it took me almost 40 minutes to order a Zotac Trinity obviously payment has been taken and "My orders" still show awaiting payment confirmation and no email updates... What gives? It's a lot of money to not even receive an email...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom