• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The focus right now is the 3080 issue which the team is working on now hard and I am trying to secure as much stock as possible.

Right now we do not even know what is gonna happen with 3090 and 3070 launches, we kind of cannot have a repeat of this again.
We have also updated our prices on those we won't be offering any at MSRP due to simply risk making zero money or losing money, also the simple fact trying to give people the chance to get one at MSRP caused way more issues and backlash when we were trying to help out. I guess if demand had been high but normal, website functioned then it would have worked better but the demand was simply vastly beyond any prediction, we had resources in place to cope as if it was a Black Friday even but double the size, however demand was way beyond and hence the whole website slowed down causing many to have a poor experience.

We can only apologise for that, now just be patient please, once we get all confirmed an official update will be posted, I am pushing very hard for this to be today, but remember OcUK is part of a very large group and of course we want to publish a group wide statement as sales are of course insane at every entity.

DO you not use automated scaling of web services through services like AWS, or Containerised deployments like Docker or Kubernetes? These systems would have spun up more web servers to manage demand and you would not have provided such an awful experience to customers like me.

Last edited:
Associate
So after 50 minutes of being on hold I got through to OcUK, here's my experience:

My first attempt at an order at 15:00 where I paid via Amazon Pay (I have the payment reference) cannot be found in the OcUK system. How can that be ?
My second attempt at an order at 16:00 (since I had no confirmation of my 15:00 order) paying by credit card was accepted, but OcUK have no idea when stock will become available (despite it being advertised as due in today) and my credit card has been debited.

I've long been a fan of OcUK, they've been my "go to" company for stuff like this for many years, but this experience has soured that somewhat.

Such a shame when previously OcUK always seemed on the side of consumers.

Associate
Cheers Gibbo on the new update thread @ https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...deliveries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/

You can't please everyone and there will be a vocal minority of unreasonable individuals, so unfortunately it's just a matter of managing expectations.
I think the unhappiness mostly stems from:
  • the unexpected and silent increase of price from MSRP to retail markup (either automated or whatever occurs on the backend) for many. I was expecting it from your stock hint post, but not without notice on the ecommerce site or for it to apply to myself who had added to the basket as soon as 2pm hit
  • the slow down of the website exacerbated the above issue. There would have been less chance (and less collateral) for silent price increases if pages loaded in a reasonable time frame. Each step of the way past 2pm were a patient 5-10 mins each so a lot of people would have been caught unaware by the price bump between these load times

Associate
Hope I get a 3090FE direct from Nvidia, and then cancel 2 orders with you as you clearly are trying to make profit of customers than provide a good experience! DO you not use automated scaling of web services through services like AWS, or Containerised deployments like Docker or Kubernetes? These systems would have spun up more web servers to manage demand and you would not have provided such an awful experience to customers like me. Oh yes I am an IT Engineer so understand how you could have provided better experience but clearly you have very bad IT engineers who do not think about supply and demand!!!

Please delete this post.

Caporegime
Now in place, see my new thread, which shall soon be a sticky.

Any chance of some percentages at least? Understand aren't comfortable releasing actual sales figures.

Small could be 5 cards to 1000 orders or 200 to 1000? So 0.5% orders expected to be filled by Sept vs 20%?

Soldato
Now in place, see my new thread, which shall soon be a sticky.

No news on Gigabyte stock then I take it? I ordered the Eagle OC at 14:36 just after launch, not shipped still so guess in the big queue. :(

Is it worth me swapping my order to the Asus TUF model if able? (this card was same price when I ordered GB, but now it's gone up £40 :/)

I was debating ordering the Asus as well (a friend would take it if I got both) - but is it going to get either of the 2 orders cancelled for having 2 on my account? Or would it be fine?

Associate
Is there any way to tell your place in the pre order queue? To the nearest 100 even?
Also I was charged £300 more than the two cards I ordered. Will I need to contact to fix this?

Associate
No he's saying we can't cancel easily. The way I see it, you're unlikely to get one elsewhere any quicker, so there's not much point cancelling unless you decide to try AMD's next card instead.

For my part, I'm happy to wait it out.

I'm happy to wait but saying october, november, december doesn't really give anyone a rough estimation. Customers deserve atleast that much. How hard is it to communicate regarding stock? Also if stock is expected to be late why the hell are the orders still open for pre-order without anyone warning that you might not get it till December? Communication is key here.

OcUK Staff
OP
"Hi there

Speaking to board partners, September shipments shall be small, so far:
- Today a small batch of MSI arrived, all orders have shipped out."

So am I reading that all MSI orders have been shipped out, or all of the small batch has already been shipped out but this doesn't cover all MSI orders?

All the MSI cards we got, were shipped this morning which was not many and we sold thousands of MSI cards.

I can wait I just want to know a rough estimate for someone like me who bought the Gigabyte Eagle at 5PM yesterday.

This is a guess but I think anyone after 14:05 won't see a card in September, those before 15:00 maybe October but until we get shipment data for October we are in the dark, that information is requested but it seems it won't be available to the graphics card manufacturers until end of this month.

Associate
"Hi there

Speaking to board partners, September shipments shall be small, so far:
- Today a small batch of MSI arrived, all orders have shipped out."

So am I reading that all MSI orders have been shipped out, or all of the small batch has already been shipped out but this doesn't cover all MSI orders?

A small batch could be 8 or 8000

Why isn't there any more clarity regarding this?

OcUK Staff
OP
Is there any way to tell your place in the pre order queue? To the nearest 100 even?
Also I was charged £300 more than the two cards I ordered. Will I need to contact to fix this?

There was only a set amount at MSRP, once the amount had sold the price was increased, which happened nationwide.

OcUK Staff
OP
A small batch could be 8 or 8000

Why isn't there any more clarity regarding this?

Less than 50 is small, more than 50 is average, more than 100 is big and more than 1000 is a dream.

So I will use less, average, big and a dream to help give people an idea but were not allowed to post exact numbers.

Associate
All the MSI cards we got, were shipped this morning which was not many and we sold thousands of MSI cards.

This is a guess but I think anyone after 14:05 won't see a card in September, those before 15:00 maybe October but until we get shipment data for October we are in the dark, that information is requested but it seems it won't be available to the graphics card manufacturers until end of this month.

Thank you for the clarification. I'll keep the order in and wait and see then! Was a lowly 15:30 here so I'm not holding much breath, guess it means I can gauge between a MSRP 3080 and a 6900XT when that comes out now!

Soldato
What does that matter when even OCUK do not know how much stock is going to be arriving over the next few months? You could be 20th in the queue, but if they dont get 20 cards until December than the date is still December.

Also you will likely find that your item went up whilst in the basket and you did not realise, the £300 is not a mistake that was the price of the item(s) you paid for.

OcUK Staff
OP
Thank you for the clarification. I'll keep the order in and wait and see then! Was a lowly 15:30 here so I'm not holding much breath, guess it means I can gauge between a MSRP 3080 and a 6900XT when that comes out now!

Exactly you can request the refund at any time and there is now a specific address for doing so, which is in the sticky at the top of the section.

Associate
There was only a set amount at MSRP, once the amount had sold the price was increased, which happened nationwide.

Are we going to get updates on where we are in the queue in terms of preorders? You said a shipment of non-OC TUF are coming in next week, do you know how many? Could you tell me if my order will be a part of that allocation etc?

I am thankful for the transparency now.

Associate

Guess its time to stop mashing that F5 lmao, Wow this really was a paper release,
O well its paid for, will come eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom