• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 3080 Ventus 3X OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I managed to order one today. Coming on Monday.

Has anyone got one of these? What are the temps like and does it OC well?

Will post some pics and benchmarks when I get it for those interested.

Associate
OP
I wonder if it's same as Zotac, they've done it on purpose to separate low end. Might sell mine on or return depending on situation.

Even the gaming X trio has a power limit. 3080s don't overclock well anyway. The performance difference isn't likely to be massive.

Soldato
Even the gaming X trio has a power limit. 3080s don't overclock well anyway. The performance difference isn't likely to be massive.

I paid 730 for my Ventus, I don't know if I'm just going to be impacted by benchmarks and been lower down the stack? Most games now there is no issue at stock, but what if we get games where running at 50 on FE and this is doing 40 or 45, big diffo.

Associate
OP
I paid 730 for my Ventus, I don't know if I'm just going to be impacted by benchmarks and been lower down the stack? Most games now there is no issue at stock, but what if we get games where running at 50 on FE and this is doing 40 or 45, big diffo.

Hmm.. that's the thing.

I'm thinking the same. In the short term you have a card whereas most people don't. But in the long term do you really want the lowest end one. What would you do if you sell it?

I don't want to be one of those people who sell it for £££. But then again I don't want to sell it for what I paid and have nothing. If I could swap it for an asus tuf I would.

I think I'll keep it until the stock replenishes and then just sell it and pay the £50-100 to upgrade.

Soldato
Hmm.. that's the thing.

I'm thinking the same. In the short term you have a card whereas most people don't. But in the long term do you really want the lowest end one. What would you do if you sell it?

I don't want to be one of those people who sell it for £££. But then again I don't want to sell it for what I paid and have nothing. If I could swap it for an asus tuf I would.

I think I'll keep it until the stock replenishes and then just sell it and pay the £50-100 to upgrade.

Well it's looking like October time maybe November I'll get mine.

So I'll keep a lookout but it's close to nill I'll find another, maybe when I get mine if I see another one by the time I get mine I'll return and buy that.

Associate
I’ve been looking at Reddit and YouTube a lot in relation to the Ventus 3080 and it seems the reviews are heavily mixed.

I’ve read that a lot are hitting temps between 75-80°c under load but then others are hitting 65-70°c. I’ve found that this is mainly down to the stock fan settings that come with the ventus as default, but once people change to a better curve, it performs like the TUF and other similar cards. Performance wise, it looks like it’s performing 1% +/- to the FE edition.

I’ve ordered this card at MSRP from OC but will wait until it arrives and test this all for myself. There’s no point cancelling now anyways.

Associate
Was either this one or the Asus TUF at MSRP and I chose the MSI as the TUF brand has a bad rep - turns out I was well off on that one. So for the past day ive been searching for reviews or any info on the MSI Ventus as its not been reviewed anywhere, and ive found conflicting reports everywhere. ill post a few links.

We have this dude who has the MSI Ventus running at 72c+ with 2700+(!!) RPM fans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IznrcADugFY&t=8s

This link from reddit where the card is running low clocks compared to the rest (sub 1800) at 77c with no fan speed mentioned. https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ivrxw2/rtx_3080_msi_ventus_benchmarks/

and then finally pretty good results from this guy, although he is running the fan at 100%: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/ivs3dm/geforce_3080_ventus_3x_oc_3dmark_time_spy/

Im just hoping to get 70c with quietish fan speeds and 1850~ or so clock speed. May be also because of the different bins? I heard there was 3 and many of the lower bins will be in these cheaper cards. If mine is 75c+ with high fan speeds thats a return/sell on from me, even my vega doesnt reach that and vega got bashed for being hot.

Associate
There is a benchmark of this card at 3440x1440 hitting 82c with the gpu using 97% i though it should flat line at 100%?
Case used is corsair X570 which I have no experience with I'm using a lian li dynamic xl with 10 120mm fans Including the 3 on my aoi.
Any comments as I have this on pre order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom