• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Something, ANYTHING, is better than nothing my friend. From an outside perspective it just looks like OC are taking money hand over fist for preorders and staying silent without giving people any real meaningful updates on stock.

Even if OC came out tomorrow and said "Look, we have no idea when stock is coming in, that's the truth, we have been in contact with vendors and it could be anywhere between now and next year, we really have no idea" then at the very least people will know what to prepare for, it just seems like they won't say that because it will obviously stop people preordering when they don't have any real hope to hold on to.

The truth is, once someone has preordered and stock refills remain in limbo and the small chance remains that they may still get one this year, people stay hopeful and keep their orders locked in which means OC have money in their bank through little more than the fear people have of not getting one before christmas.

Doesn't feel right to me.

Honestly, that is how I feel.

At the moment, I'm still waiting for my 3080 from OC but I'm also going to try my luck at a 3090 tomorrow. But I'm not going to be ordering the 3090 from OC. I want to either get my card guaranteed or not at all. None of this waiting for months with no actual idea when I get I'll receive it.

Soldato
Hmmm i didn’t even realise that ocuk did international shipping. I wonder how many of these orders are from outside of the uk. I suspect a lot! I didn’t even think about ordering from europe or US...

Associate
Yes maybe, but Juan Jose Guerreiro told in the Asus group Strix would come after the 21st in between 21st and 28. Idk i may be wrong
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASUSPCDIY/permalink/3370378269711903/
video here
"
September going into October - *These are estimates and they may change.
17th - TUF GAMING RTX 3080 * Firm availability
Week of the 21st but most likely around the 24-28th - TUF GAMING RTX 3080 OC
Week of the 28th - ROG STRIX RTX 3080 which will be OC model.
"

lol: "Yes, these dates apply to Canada. Apologies I did not clarify in the video."

Associate
I guess from the ASUS update just now that means the expected Gigabyte delivery didn’t happen?
The fact that Gibbo gave an update for some cards that might arrive tomorrow means they have nothing else coming with no idea when any other cards will come in. I am going to stop checking my OCUK account and this thread as I think it’ll be weeks until deliveries start properly.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo reference the update about sales only for UK and Ireland. Does this mean you have refunded all sales that were made outside of the UK? and how has that affected numbers etc?

Yes I believe most overseas, USA orders have cancelled, that means for some their queue position will no doubt lower, IT team are still working on an official queue system as discussed.

KFA2 had their first batch, which all went to Asia market, they expect a second batch in 1-2 weeks which they expect to include some for us, no discussion on quantity yet but hopefully they will let us know later next week and if they have some for us they tend to take 1-2 weeks to ship, arrive and be booked in.

Associate
Yes I believe most overseas, USA orders have cancelled, that means for some their queue position will no doubt lower, IT team are still working on an official queue system as discussed.

KFA2 had their first batch, which all went to Asia market, they expect a second batch in 1-2 weeks which they expect to include some for us, no discussion on quantity yet but hopefully they will let us know later next week and if they have some for us they tend to take 1-2 weeks to ship, arrive and be booked in.

So we in the Republic of Ireland are good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom