• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Asking is fine however asking for now hasn't provided anything tangible.

That's fine and I appreciate that but if you don't ask then you don't get, especially in this day and age. I feel like OCUK are doing a pretty poor job of informing customers about what's going on when compared to other sites and I say that as someone who has been using this site for a long time for all my orders and have never had a bad word to say about them.

I want to keep OCUK honest and I feel like they aren't being honest right now, that of course is just my opinion and I could be wrong but it feels like they are avoiding addressing customers concerns.

I only speak for myself personally here but it's not the wait that's bothering me, it's the lack of general communication, it feels really unprofessional.

Associate
Yeah, need something to stop me compulsively checking this forum and my order status every few hours. Surely it would only take 1 guy a day of work to hack together some code for a queue system.
It might only take 1 day for someone to knock something together but if your going to be connecting to something that gets a customers details from some form of database its going to need to be secure, its going to need to be reviewed, its going to need to be tested by someone and then its going to need to be released. each step takes a while

Soldato
That's fine and I appreciate that but if you don't ask then you don't get, especially in this day and age. I feel like OCUK are doing a pretty poor job of informing customers about what's going on when compared to other sites and I say that as someone who has been using this site for a long time for all my orders and have never had a bad word to say about them.

I want to keep OCUK honest and I feel like they aren't being honest right now, that of course is just my opinion and I could be wrong but it feels like they are avoiding addressing customers concerns.

I only speak for myself personally here but it's not the wait that's bothering me, it's the lack of general communication, it feels really unprofessional.

I agree. Should be a daily announcement for where they are with queue, whats been delivered, whats been shipped.

The unofficial queue is relying on there not being 100 bot orders at 14:01 for each card.

Associate
Yeh it really doesnt take over a week to pull a list off and sort by order number. Even if its not 100% accurate due to people cancelling gives people some idea.

Which makes you wonder what is actually being done behind the scenes, like I said before, it all seems very unprofessional to me, I could be wrong and misjudging but that's how it seems.

The only reason I even have an order still here is to keep queue position, at this point based on how they are responding to customers it makes me never want to use OCUK again and I am pretty sure I am not the only one feeling like that which is a damn shame considering I have used them for everything in the past without issue.

Associate
I agree. Should be a daily announcement for where they are with queue, whats been delivered, whats been shipped.

The unofficial queue is relying on there not being 100 bot orders at 14:01 for each card.

I agree, they should be finding a way to communicate with all their customers (not just forum members like us) about queue positions, stock, what's been delivered and what's been shipped like you say.

A simple webpage like another site has created would be perfect, something people can check everyday, that is updated daily so people can stay informed without having to worry.

Instead it feels like OC are vacillating and not being clear about what's going on which is then leading to people wanting answers, calling them constantly etc which OCUK clearly don't like but frankly, the reason it's happening is because they aren't providing clear information to people.

It's poor customer service, people can spin it whatever way they want but that's what it is.

Associate
Look on the bright side guys, by the time some of us get our cards the drivers should be much more optimised and there will be more games released to take advantage of all that pixel-pushing prowess!

Associate
So do you reckon this supposedly massive restock 30th sept - 2 oct is a proper shipment coming from a fat cargo ship? Best case no? Wish we could track them as we could flights haha
No, I don't expect those kinds of shipments until after golden week based on what we've been told. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed by the size of those shipments. If they happen.

Associate
I've tapped out guys, cancelled my Gaming X Trio. Ordered at 1432hrs on the 17th and was 129 in (unofficial) queue. I'm just going to wait a few months then make a decision based on which 3080 AIB card performs best/what AMD have to offer/if mythical 20GB 3080 is going to be released anytime soon. Good luck, hope you get your cards soon.

Associate
I've tapped out guys, cancelled my Gaming X Trio. Ordered at 1432hrs on the 17th and was 129 in (unofficial) queue. I'm just going to wait a few months then make a decision based on which 3080 AIB card performs best/what AMD have to offer/if mythical 20GB 3080 is going to be released anytime soon. Good luck, hope you get your cards soon.
If I still had my card this is what I would have done. With the current mess, your better of waiting until the new year if you can

Associate
You're a mad man, may many more people do the same though

Associate
It might only take 1 day for someone to knock something together but if your going to be connecting to something that gets a customers details from some form of database its going to need to be secure, its going to need to be reviewed, its going to need to be tested by someone and then its going to need to be released. each step takes a while
U don't need any customer information released. It's even a matter of putting up a list with orders numbers and graphic card next to it and set it all in order. There is no need for customer name or any sensitive data in it we can all go and check it and compare to our order number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom