• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Didn't realise but I got a dispatch email at 16:20 (420, if you will) for the MSI Gaming Trio O_o

A little awkward to be honest, as I ordered this one for my partner, but they got theirs dispatched from a competitor yesterday. I am going to have to return this one from OCUK I think. Not sure on best way to do it; maybe refuse delivery when DPD arrive?

What time did you ordered it on the 17th?

Associate
How are posts of stock hinting being deleted when we cant buy any from ocuk. Embarrassing really !

Probably to do with the fact that OCUK are now going to get a wave of cancellations and loss of revenue.

Indeed. It will be 10 to 20 at best and the rest will be pre ordered with delivery in November. Well thats what happened with them with the 1080tis anyway.

They've already told a few here over the phone they have the stock.

So I know we aren't supposed to talk about competitors, so I won't mention the name or stock levels or anything like that. But I saw that a few people mentioned in this thread that another retailer had some stock today (not pre-order apparently) and a load of people went there and ordered (none left now).

Looking at the price they were charging for it, which is significantly higher than OCUK's pre-order price, how is the price they are charging any better than the rip-off prices that ebay scalpers are charging (and being heavily criticised for doing so).

I'm confused why anyone would have bought it? Enlighten me!

What are you talking about? They were charging less than OCUK. It's £779 on OCUK, was cheaper on the other site.

They have a 3090 there now if anyone is interested, don't care if I get a ban/suspended, this whole place has been a joke.

Associate
Just been informed that my Palit is on the way. I was order number 586587* ordered 17:30 on the 17th. I was 88 on the unofficial calculator.
Promise to keep you informed as to how I get on. At least you`ll have a taste of what to look forward
to when your cards finally arrive.
All the best chaps.

Hi buddy is this OC or Non OC please? my order number for OC is 58648** lol

Associate
Can someone please check my logic here.

OC say that the price hike was because they only had a limited number of cards bought at the original price, and after those run out, they had their buying team adjust because of the going rate (or something along those lines). So......

I ordered the Gigabyte Eagle 2080 (17/09/2020 14:37:46) at the original price - £660.49 inc shipping- so...that would suggest that I was in on the original allocation of that card? No? If so, why do I still not know when I might get this card. Is it because they still can't fulfil the original allocation bought at that price?
I'm willing to be schooled - but it just occurred to me that 2 weeks in, I still have no idea what's happening.

Associate
So - just spoke to the competitor where I ordered mine from. I was originally told this week that they are getting a shipment 30th Sept - 2nd October of Gigabytes and I am in a very good position within the queue (under 30). Spoke to the CS team this evening and have been told they haven't received their shipment yet and it is likely to be Friday. I asked about my queue position, which is number 44 (so not less than 30) and it is unlikely they will be able to fulfil my order from this latest shipment.

How can they get it so wrong?!

Man of Honour
Can someone please check my logic here.

OC say that the price hike was because they only had a limited number of cards bought at the original price, and after those run out, they had their buying team adjust because of the going rate (or something along those lines). So......

I ordered the Gigabyte Eagle 2080 (17/09/2020 14:37:46) at the original price - £660.49 inc shipping- so...that would suggest that I was in on the original allocation of that card? No? If so, why do I still not know when I might get this card. Is it because they still can't fulfil the original allocation bought at that price?
I'm willing to be schooled - but it just occurred to me that 2 weeks in, I still have no idea what's happening.
You not having the card at the moment has nothing to do with the price you paid, it's just OCUK waiting on stock from the suppliers to ship out to customers :)

My Palit 3080 just got dispatched, seeing as i ordered it at 5.15pm on the 17th im pretty chuffed, guess nobody wants those cards
Aww I ordered at 17 Sep 2020 17:12:00 according to the website and Date ordered: 17/09/2020 17:12:50 according to order confirmation. :( Did you order a Palit OC or non OC? Mine is Non OC? Also what was your order number minus the last digit if you don't mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom