• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been informed that my Palit is on the way. I was order number 586587* ordered 17:30 on the 17th. I was 88 on the unofficial calculator.
Promise to keep you informed as to how I get on. At least you`ll have a taste of what to look forward
to when your cards finally arrive.
All the best chaps.
Did your order update on the website or was it through customer service that you ordered? I was 586555X

Associate
apparently nvidia were offering retailers or manufacturers a $50 rebate on the original shipment which is why the price went up afterwards. can't remember exactly where i read it but it was repeated multiple times.

Associate
Can someone please check my logic here.

OC say that the price hike was because they only had a limited number of cards bought at the original price, and after those run out, they had their buying team adjust because of the going rate (or something along those lines). So......

I ordered the Gigabyte Eagle 2080 (17/09/2020 14:37:46) at the original price - £660.49 inc shipping- so...that would suggest that I was in on the original allocation of that card? No? If so, why do I still not know when I might get this card. Is it because they still can't fulfil the original allocation bought at that price?
I'm willing to be schooled - but it just occurred to me that 2 weeks in, I still have no idea what's happening.

same as you my G! paid RRP/MSRP for the EAGLE OC, has been abit of pain in the backside having very little to no updates! Aorus/Gigabyte was able to give an update of some kind, in terms of when more stock will be out... https://twitter.com/AORUS_UK/status/1310893844280602625 but nothing so far from OCUK...

Associate
So you're saying that they still haven't had their original allocation for that card yet?
Some of the eagle went out in the first few days if my memory serves me right, not many tho,
And for what it's worth I thought the same when the prices went up on day one, thinking I had made it into what they had in stock, lol

Associate
No idea I'm afraid, I've not been following this launch that closely, you'll need to speak to OCUK about your order.

I was just answering your question regarding the price you paid has zero relation to the fulfillment of orders :)
But why? If the price I paid was for the original - small stock - that OC said they had, and I paid that price - that would suggest that my order was from that original first order. Anything above that has been at a higher price. So it would stand that if my order was from that initial allocation, then it has everything to do with the order in which the order is fulfilled.

Associate
Can someone please check my logic here.

OC say that the price hike was because they only had a limited number of cards bought at the original price, and after those run out, they had their buying team adjust because of the going rate (or something along those lines). So......

I ordered the Gigabyte Eagle 2080 (17/09/2020 14:37:46) at the original price - £660.49 inc shipping- so...that would suggest that I was in on the original allocation of that card? No? If so, why do I still not know when I might get this card. Is it because they still can't fulfil the original allocation bought at that price?
I'm willing to be schooled - but it just occurred to me that 2 weeks in, I still have no idea what's happening.

Pure speculation, but I'm going to guess that as the order queue was completely open, you actually bought a "more expensive" card from a later allocation before they could physically update the website. It would be unfair for OC to charge you more after the purchase so they probably just ate the excess on your behalf.

Associate
But why? If the price I paid was for the original - small stock - that OC said they had, and I paid that price - that would suggest that my order was from that original first order. Anything above that has been at a higher price. So it would stand that if my order was from that initial allocation, then it has everything to do with the order in which the order is fulfilled.

I think the price you paid was the price of the first 6 week stock.

Man of Honour
Maybe more people bought at the lower price than they had stock for?

Either way, you'll need to speak to the shop staff as we don't have any access to that kind of information :)

Associate
Probably to do with the fact that OCUK are now going to get a wave of cancellations and loss of revenue.

They've already told a few here over the phone they have the stock.

What are you talking about? They were charging less than OCUK. It's £779 on OCUK, was cheaper on the other site.

They have a 3090 there now if anyone is interested, don't care if I get a ban/suspended, this whole place has been a joke.

Have just taken a punt...i suspect they have got hammered...too good to be true...often is. Hopefully someone gets something and makes them happy eh.

Associate
Maybe more people bought at the lower price than they had stock for?

Either way, you'll need to speak to the shop staff as we don't have any access to that kind of information :)
Yeah the site was a mess, updates could not keep up I dont think, so some people got them at the original price, while others were getting more expensive from selection to check out

Associate
Pure speculation, but I'm going to guess that as the order queue was completely open, you actually bought a "more expensive" card from a later allocation before they could physically update the website. It would be unfair for OC to charge you more after the purchase so they probably just ate the excess on your behalf.
This makes sense - although from what I heard, people were putting it in the basket at one price, and having to check out at a higher price. lol But, I think you're probably right. Still, that still gives me hope that so long as OC now stick to the queue, it won't be a million places behind the original allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom