• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
To all the people telling us to stop asking for updates: No.

If this were ebay and someone had taken £700+ for a product then went completely silent for two weeks, all of you would be furious, including those telling us to shut up. Just because it's a big(ish) company and there are environmental factors at play here does not mean OC can't keep us updated. In fact, OC should be putting in greater effort to keep us informed precisely because of those environmental factors.

It's a cynical cash-grab.

Thank you for your input, but I will pull my neck back in when OC start showing me the respect I'm owed.
Respect is not OWNED its EARNED and You earned nothing. Feel free to cancel anf go moan somewhere else.

Permabanned
I dont see the point of a queue system unless OcUK know when and how many cards there getting each week/month

1 week Asus for instance could ship out 6 cards next week a month latter that could ship out 100 to OcUK
Point is to throw people a bone so they stop ringing OCUK asking where in queue they are and when they gonna get card.

Associate
I was hoping to get a 3080 to pass my old card down to a rig im building for the kids for xmas but i guess ill just grab a cheap card to get their rig going and stick to my 1080ti til next year

Associate
To all the people telling us to stop asking for updates: No.

If this were ebay and someone had taken £700+ for a product then went completely silent for two weeks, all of you would be furious, including those telling us to shut up. Just because it's a big(ish) company and there are environmental factors at play here does not mean OC can't keep us updated. In fact, OC should be putting in greater effort to keep us informed precisely because of those environmental factors.

It's a cynical cash-grab.

Thank you for your input, but I will pull my neck back in when OC start showing me the respect I'm owed.

Except this isn't Ebay... Its a preorder on a product which recieved massive, unexpected preorder success.

All you are owed is a product when its due in line with your position in the order queue. OC don't contol the distribution from manufacturers and are undoubtedly as eager to clear their backlog of preorders as much as you are to recieve your order. If you don't like it, cancel your order. Otherwise, just accept this product has been a huge success and others want it as much as you do. Its an unfortunate reality.

Permabanned
So just been on the phone to the guys over at OCUK, they said they are slowly going to send out emails for users queue base, but they are going from card to card doing it that way.

But said we should get it this week.

Sadly was informed there has been at least 1000 orders on the strix OC. So it might look like 2021 for some users on this card haha.
Not for some but for mostno big shipments till december of any brands afaik

Associate
You’re paying for a “pre-order”, have a look at Gibbos post. You can cancel at any time if you see stock elsewhere but they aren’t saying they’ve got stock and not shipping them...

Not sure why people are getting their panties in a twist :confused:

No panties twisted but don't like retailers selling something they've no hope in hell of actually supplying in good time, especially when taking full payment and ignoring everyone after.

Associate
Except this isn't Ebay... Its a preorder on a product which recieved massive unexpected preorder success.

All you are owed is a product when its due in line with your position in the order queue. OC don't contol the distribution from manufacturers and are undoubtedly as eager to clear their backlog of preorders as much as you are to recieve your order. If you don't like it, cancel your order. Otherwise, just accept this product has been a huge success and others want it as much as you do. Its an unfortunate reality.

An unfortunate reality....correct. It's a very popular purchase in difficult circumstances. No one is arguing there.

I'm sure OC would love to get back to business as usual. But the much more unfortunate reality is the complete and utter lack of any service at all. We have a forum and a dedicated update thread....want to see how much customer service has been evident? Count the post since launch....

Having a forum is a very powerful tool...potentially. You can reach a lot of people at one time, providing updates en mass. Or ignore it and let it settle into the festering cesspool that is evident now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom