• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Queue position #13 for Aorus Xtreme 3080 ordered 17th Sept @ 14:26.

I have no clue if thats a good or bad position! As no info on the Xtreme so could still be weeks if not months before i get it. :(

Depends how much OCUK gets sent, you're in a good position to potentially be in the first batch they get.

As for getting it impossible to say, I think Gigabyte have mentioned wanting to get the masters version into everyones hands this month but I havent seen anything about the xtreme.

Associate
So would it be fair to say this fix is essentially a software side step to cover bad hardware design? I ask because there's a tonne of videos regarding capacitors on these cards, with various tear downs explaining they are sub standard for a variety of reasons.

No, those videos were rushed and based on incomplete information ... mostly they were parrotting information that seemed plausible but didn't really understand themselves (you need to have an affinitity with electronics design for that).

Basically, you shouldn't believe everything you hear on the internet. :D

Associate
Got my queue position for the Aorus Xtreme 3080 - Position 168........ I knew it would be bad - stock will dribble in for them - for a top end custom card. Probably equivalent to 2000 odd position for a TUF card. I did have an MSI trio on launch day ordered at 15:13 odd but cancelled that - my order for the Xtreme was in super late as I was playing with the 3090 queue for a while - 28th Sept at 08:46 for this Aorus card - definitely 2021 I'm estimating Feb/Mar for it to arrive. Nov will see the top 50 shipped I reckon. Will probably miss the next shipment of LG 4k monitors I'm also in the queue for. Ahh well give me the chance to evaluate AMDs offering.

Permabanned
Ordered Asus TUF Non-OC on 19th at 17:53:41

Queue position 1209.

Honestly, what are my chances of seeing this arrive before Cyberpunk? Friends are reassuring me based on their positive experience with Overclockers in the past, but as a relatively new customer, i'm skeptical.
OCUK said first week that pass 5pm orders are december more like so id say ZERO

Associate
Also cancelled my Strix OC. Queue position 259, ordered at launch date at 14:58.
Not mad at anyone, not even at OC UK for handling this in such a poor way, but you are delusional if you think you will receive your card anytime soon, especially people with 300+ positions in queue.

Good luck guys, it's been an honor reading through all this content.

Cheers that puts me at spot 699 now. Just a few hundred more to go :D.

I'm in no rush tbh. I've got no doubt the Zen3 release will be exactly the same shambles, so I've reconciled with myself I won't be back into PC gaming until the new year. Gives me plenty time to get the rest of the system exactly the way I want it. Just gotta try and avoid Cyberpunk spoilers.

Associate
did people get lower on the official queue then they did on the unofficial queue? as i am higher:(
eagle @ 15:28
unofficial:404 official:518

The first time I checked I was at 300 something unofficial, last time I checked it was 2000 something. Official is 1017 which has pretty much made my mind up to cancel and try my luck either for a FE or 3070 on release..

Associate
Yes I was 650-700 and official got me to 128 only (tuf non -oc) I ordered 16:47
My friend got same card at 21:50 and unofficial was 1600 or something like this and email said 700

Back
Top Bottom