• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Are you referring to the custom systems that OcUK offer? If so, the warehouse is mahooosive and afaik they pick from the same stock.

I’d be shocked if they gave pre-built systems prioritirsty. In fact, I’d liken it to a nightclub... they probably let x number of preorders in and x number of pre-built systems in to maintain fairness.

Thats a strange view of 'fairness'. Dependent on who ordered what first, thats fairness.

Associate
I’d be shocked if they gave pre-built systems priority. In fact, I’d liken it to a nightclub... they probably let x number of preorders in and x number of pre-built systems in to maintain fairness.

Are you suggesting that pre-built systems get a separate lane of access to the stock even if they were ordered days later than stand alone GPUs?

Associate
Due in today could mean the delivery arrived at 3:30pm and stock wasn’t scanned in to inventory in time for dispatch today.

For sanity sake, I’d always wait 24hrs after a scheduled delivery before donning a tin foil hat ;)
Oh of course, of course.
If only this was the just the first shipment of Asus TUF without literally no one receiving shipment notifications, sure.

Soldato
I wonder, are ocuk implementing anything pre-amd launch to prevent a similar situation from unfolding? This is a real opportunity to learn and listen, look at what went wrong and do something to ensure amd cards end up in the hands of pc enthusiasts instead of scalpers and bots.

Associate
To me there's one logical way to explain this farce of a launch.

NVIDIA got all AIB's/Distributors/Stockists to sign an iron clad N.D.A WELL before allowing them to receive Ampere. This N.D.A, whilst mostly generic GPU stuff, likely also doesn't allow specific talk about distribution quantity or talk of the N.D.A itself. The distribution/merchant chain signed not knowing Ampere launch would be rushed due to AMD/console competition and therefore about the lack of supply they would get. They are now stuck between a rock and a hard place without being able to discuss why.

The ways all companies have tried to give information without mentioning actual specific numbers is pretty indicative of this. Other clues are there, when you look at what representatives for both AIB's and Merchants have said (i wont mention specific reps names) its clear they want to help but have their hands tied. Realistically which AIB/stockist has come out of this looking good? why would they willing do this? To me obvious answer seems they wouldn't willingly wreck good reputations often built over decades.

If this is true then as merchants their current options are:

1) Stay quiet and go with the "unprecendented demand" line from NVIDIA.
2) Break N.D.A risking legal action and no Ampere being available.
3) Actively post lots of vague nonsense which will just anger people and leave them open to loads of question they can't answer.

I know which i would do, even if it was begrudgingly done.

Ofc i have no proof, I'm just reading between the lines. Dunno if other people see it the same.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Are you suggesting that pre-built systems get a separate lane of access to the stock even if they were ordered days later than stand alone GPUs?
Suggesting, not confirming.

I have no idea if this is actually how it works but I do know that they’d pull the stock from the same warehouse for pre-built machines, so who knows how they’re rationing them.

Associate
Due in today could mean the delivery arrived at 3:30pm and stock wasn’t scanned in to inventory in time for dispatch today.
;)

Exactly. It happened before and I believe Gibbo asked the warehouse to scan them in and dispatch them to customers despite it was only a small package and due to that normally wouldn't be a priority.
I wouldn't expect them to do this every time... or ever.

Associate
the main competitor with the 973 asus waiting list and 2 over 2 palit models waiting list doesnt accept any more 3080 and 3090 preorders btw for everybody that want cancel their orders here ....

Associate
Thats a strange view of 'fairness'. Dependent on who ordered what first, thats fairness.

There will be a workforce of x people doing prebuilds for OC. The margins for selling prebuilds will be higher than shifting boxes. Do you really think they are going to send out the cards to those who ordered first and leave their staff scratching their back sides? Are they going to decimate their margins? If they are to build, for instance 200 machines per week and 150 are for 3080, then the 1st 150 will go to prebuilds. That's business sense.

Mind you, they will never tell you that. That wouldn't be business sense. Wouldn't be such a problem if there wasn't such a shortage but the slow trickle coming into OC's dam will be a a slow drip feed to this queue.

Associate
I've been following this thread and the previous one since launch and its honestly laughable. Everyone demanded a que position, we got them and people complained. People demanded to know whats coming in, Gibbos telling us what's coming in and people are complaining its not specific enough. Now people are demanding to know exactly whats coming in and out and I expect Gibbo will start telling everyone to keep people happy. Even after all of that people still have the audacity to say that OCuk is a bad company with bad practices. The way this is going I'm fully expecting people to demand a live webcam be setup looking at the loading Dock to see when pallets are coming in.

I'm 46th in the que for a gigabyte Eagle. I've promised my brother my old 1070 for his build which he can't use at all until I've got my new card and he is patiently waiting even though he spent every penny he earned over the summer on his new build. I could jump in and demand to know where my card is but whats the point? It'll get here when it gets here and me complaining won't make it get here any quicker.

People saying they'd prefer to have the money in their pockets earning interest than OC's, whats the interest your going to get in a few months? If its more than a pound I realllllllllllly want to know who your banking with so I can get in there aswell.

Leave the poor staff at OC alone and let them get to work.

Rant over
:)

Associate
That would seem to be the jist. So you can wait for 3 hours for OC UK servers to recover. Order a card with an ETA. Meanwhile OC UK stick your card in a system ordered later without a fuss? We don't know if that is true but crazy to suggest any sort of 'fairness' if it is.

Back
Top Bottom