Sony Xperia 5 II

Soldato
The Pixel 5 will overshadow this.

Uh? The Pixel is cheaper, but with midrange specs. Buy it if you want a midrange phone. The 5 ii is flagship specs and you buy it if you want a premium product. I'm not even sure the Pixel 5 is directly competing with the Sony.

Associate
OP
Uh? The Pixel is cheaper, but with midrange specs. Buy it if you want a midrange phone. The 5 ii is flagship specs and you buy it if you want a premium product. I'm not even sure the Pixel 5 is directly competing with the Sony.

Of course but Xperia have poor marketing

Soldato
Anyone familiar with the uninstallable bloatware levels on Sony phones? Most importantly does Facebook or its services come installed and can’t be removed?

Soldato
Info is scant but my interweb searching has turned up information suggesting Facebook comes preinstalled and can only be disabled like the rest of the bloat.

Soldato
Cause they don't know about them, evidenced in that the featured 1 ii has been out for months and this is the first time Marques has made a video about it and in the video he calls the 5 ii the successor to the 1 ii.

Personally I don't really care how hyped or popular a phone is, it has no bearing on the quality of the product.

Caporegime
Cause they don't know about them, evidenced in that the featured 1 ii has been out for months and this is the first time Marques has made a video about it and in the video he calls the 5 ii the successor to the 1 ii.

Personally I don't really care how hyped or popular a phone is, it has no bearing on the quality of the product.

Ha ha, I did wonder all this.

Soldato
That's a shame. I tend to keep my phones for 4yrs and if the 5ii stops receiving security updates in like a year, I think this phone would be a not for me.
There was a rumour that the Xperia 5ii will get android 13 but take it with some salt.

All my sony phones have had at least 2 years of feature updates, I don't remember about security updates.

Back
Top Bottom