• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
For anyone who ordered an EVGA card like me, not concrete as its a reddit post but this could provide some insight:

So I've done some detective work I fingured people here would be intrested in what I've found out.
Key Facts

• OcUK is not an EVGA direct customer, there fore they have to get stock from distributors.
  • OcUK said in an email EVGA were only selling to USA distributors (I know this to be untrue).
  • EVGA lists it's UK distributors on its site.
  • I managed to get in contact with both UK distributors (exertis and vip-computers)
  • Exertis is expecting an EVGA shipment by THE END OF THIS MONTH (I didn't push for details sorry).
  • Vip-Computers only supplies PSU's from EVGA at the moment but they don't think they'll get any 3000 cards untill 2021 and when they do the stock will be pre-allocated to retailers.
This does not effect *** competitor *** as they are direct customers of EVGA, It's just us OcUK customers who are being left in the dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Little bit worried about the ASUS ROG Strix now. I've been checking various other places periodically on the off chance of picking one up elsewhere, but in the last few hours, one of them changed the status from "Out of Stock" to "Discontinued", and the other page now brings up a 404 error. These aren't random sites either, they're linked to from Nvidia's official 3080 page... :confused:

Associate
@GIGA-Man as with others have said can we please have an update on the eagles

I have also ordered this card and seeing that others are shipping and this apparently not is giving me a lack of faith which darth vader would find disturbing.

Thankies

Associate
Little bit worried about the ASUS ROG Strix now. I've been checking various other places periodically on the off chance of picking one up elsewhere, but in the last few hours, one of them changed the status from "Out of Stock" to "Discontinued", and the other page now brings up a 404 error. These aren't random sites either, they're linked to from Nvidia's official 3080 page... :confused:
sure would be nice if OCUK or @ASUS GPU Support would give us even the smallest bit of information!

Associate
same aint got anything on pny and im 3rd rreally sad

Im 18th, but heard nothing and feel like cancelling, as service been crap, this was the first time i ordered from here and normally go with s but thought this lot where the biggest suppliers but turns out that their are a little fish in a big ocean

Associate
sure would be nice if OCUK or @ASUS GPU Support would give us even the smallest bit of information!
I dont think you will get much from @ASUS GPU Support they have only made 9 posts the last one was on tuesday and it wasnt very helpful and OCUK have there heads in the sand. I ordered a strix OC and im not opimistic especially when OCUK competitors have already shipped strix cards. OCUK with there amazing buying power has shipped ZERO!

Associate
I was 26th in the queue before they started sending them. After the batch yesterday I'm now 12th, so they sent 14. Here's hoping we make batch 2!
Cr*p, I'm 809 from last Thursday (Oct 2nd), with that trend (if it's stable at 14x cards per week), I'll hopefully get my Asus Strix OC from Jan 15th :cry:
So much for getting it for the CP 2077 launch :(

Associate
I dont plan on posting much but hope my info helps on Eagle 3080 been told today: So far we've shipped 17 of these cards.
so there you have it lol :eek::D
You are currently in queue position 772. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.
Date ordered: 16/09/2020 22:37:45...... actual date was around 21.30 17/9/2020 soon as i got in from work lol
Payment Method: Hitachi Finance
Shipping Method: DPD Two Day
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)
£574.99 x 1 - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
£0.00 x 1 - FREE WITH GX-1BV-GI: NVIDIA RTX Bundle Promotion - Watchdogs Legion & GeForce NOW

Sub-Total: 574.99
Shipping: 8.75
VAT: 116.75
Total: 700.49

Associate
I dont plan on posting much but hope my info helps on Eagle 3080 been told today: So far we've shipped 17 of these cards.

well im 2nd in que for EAGLE OC 3080.... havent heard nout... so unless OCUK didnt get any... and those cards went to other suppliers?

Associate
You are currently in queue position 772. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.
Date ordered: 16/09/2020 22:37:45...... actual date was around 21.30 17/9/2020 soon as i got in from work lol
Payment Method: Hitachi Finance
Shipping Method: DPD Two Day
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)
£574.99 x 1 - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
£0.00 x 1 - FREE WITH GX-1BV-GI: NVIDIA RTX Bundle Promotion - Watchdogs Legion & GeForce NOW

Sub-Total: 574.99
Shipping: 8.75
VAT: 116.75
Total: 700.49

Did you get an update on queue today or is that your original one from last week?

Associate
Thank you for your pre-order for the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Vision OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card on order xxxxxxx.
You are currently in queue position 1. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.

any day now COMEEEEEEE ONNNNNLASSSSY lets gooooo

Gz Dude/ Dudette - hope it comes for you soon :) :D

Associate
They actually got 8. But us near the front of the queue only moved up 6 places. It's an absolute mess!

Spent a while thinking about possible discrepancies earlier since there was reported differences of at least 10 cards for the 3080 Ventus (tracked with the new google sheet). And I think it's because if someone in the queue cancels their card anyone that was lower in the queue than them doesn't change place, but people higher than them do change place, they get 1 queue position closer.

With the Ventus me and other people (confirmed through the shared google sheet) who are approximately position 300 in the queue dropped 60 places with the latest order, yet people closer to the number 1 spot dropped about 50 places, suggesting that 50 cards shipped, and in addition there were 10 cancellations and those people cancelling were above position 50 but below 300.

If this still doesn't make sense imagine 3 hypothetical people pre-ordering. One is position 100, one is position 200, one is position 300. If the person position 200 cancels, then the person position 100 stays in the same queue spot, but the person who is position 300 drops one position to 299. With queues that run into the 1000's it means the people at the back of the queue benefit substantially more from cancellations, and people right at the front of the queue it's really unlikely for those people in front of you to cancel (and there's less of them).

Associate
Spent a while thinking about possible discrepancies earlier since there was reported differences of at least 10 cards for the 3080 Ventus (tracked with the new google sheet). And I think it's because if someone in the queue cancels their card anyone that was lower in the queue than them doesn't change place, but people higher than them do change place, they get 1 queue position closer.

With the Ventus me and other people (confirmed through the shared google sheet) who are approximately position 300 in the queue dropped 60 places with the latest order, yet people closer to the number 1 spot dropped about 50 places, suggesting that 50 cards shipped, and in addition there were 10 cancellations and those people cancelling were above position 50 but below 300.

If this still doesn't make sense imagine 3 hypothetical people pre-ordering. One is position 100, one is position 200, one is position 300. If the person position 200 cancels, then the person position 100 stays in the same queue spot, but the person who is position 300 drops one position to 299. With queues that run into the 1000's it means the people at the back of the queue benefit substantially more from cancellations, and people right at the front of the queue it's really unlikely for those people in front of you to cancel (and there's less of them).

That still doesn't explain how 8 cards shipped, and we only moved 6 along in the queue. If anyone had cancelled in front of us, we would have moved further. So, worst case scenario for us at the front, is that we should have moved 8 places. It's incredibly annoying, considering the pitiful numbers going out could mean this 'mathematical failure' could cost an extra weeks waiting time.......or even more.

Associate
That still doesn't explain how 8 cards shipped, and we only moved 6 along in the queue. If anyone had cancelled in front of us, we would have moved further. So, worst case scenario for us at the front, is that we should have moved 8 places. It's incredibly annoying, considering the pitiful numbers going out could mean this 'mathematical failure' could cost an extra weeks waiting time.......or even more.

Only logical explanation is that 2 cards went into pre-builds, there was a multi card order that slipped through the net or staff ninja'd 2 cards lol

My thoughts are Pure speculation though

Was there definitely 8 shipped? Had 2 been shipped after the emails were generated?

Back
Top Bottom