• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
You won’t need to replace it, I have several friends with the 3080 and 750w and they’re fine, sounds like a bad psu to me
Yeah that's possible, although I have also heard problems with a few other people with a 750w.
I picked up a new 850w about four weeks ago in preparation. I always would go a little higher at least on recommended spec.

Associate
That still doesn't explain how 8 cards shipped, and we only moved 6 along in the queue. If anyone had cancelled in front of us, we would have moved further. So, worst case scenario for us at the front, is that we should have moved 8 places. It's incredibly annoying, considering the pitiful numbers going out could mean this 'mathematical failure' could cost an extra weeks waiting time.......or even more.

How did you determine that 8 cards shipped though? If you worked that out because someone moved 8 places how do you know that wasn't less real cards shipping + cancellations?

Associate
Think I'll keep my position whilst looking elsewhere too but thanks for your smashing advice.
Lol, don't trust that @dazzlaa ... Always trying to pull a fast one :D.
I'm also keeping an eye out elsewhere. I could have picked up an Eagle yesterday, but decided it wasn't the card I wanted.
I'm waiting on MSI pre-order, but with all the shady practices going on with the latest scandal, it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth...As if the whole experience over the last 3 weeks hasn't already done that!:rolleyes:

Associate
So will there be an influx of cancelled orders now that the rumours of a 20 GB version of the RTX 3080 could be coming by the end of the year? I'm considering cancelling because of this, if I have to wait anyway - might as well get the card with more RAM...

Associate
So will there be an influx of cancelled orders now that the rumours of a 20 GB version of the RTX 3080 could be coming by the end of the year? I'm considering cancelling because of this, if I have to wait anyway - might as well get the card with more RAM...
Nah that card will be £1000 I bet, stuff that,
Big navi or the 16g 3070 super on the other hand maybe a option if there is no shortages like the 3080

Associate
I think the 20gb will be delayed until middle of next year due to the amount of current demand. Also you're probably looking at £300 more and I think 10gb is plenty for a good few years. Better off using that money towards your next card.

Associate
Nah that card will be £1000 I bet, stuff that,
Big navi or the 16g 3070 super on the other hand maybe a option if there is no shortages like the 3080
I think the 20gb will be delayed until middle of next year due to the amount of current demand. Also you're probably looking at £300 more and I think 10gb is plenty for a good few years. Better off using that money towards your next card.

Good point about the price. And performance probably wont make any difference. But an interesting turn of events. Prices for current 3080 pre-orders seem to be jumping all over the place when comparing the original RRP... I don't think my order will be shipping anytime soon, so plenty of time to ponder!

Back
Top Bottom