• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Well OcUK is doing a god awful job of communicating. Might as well have a chat with the people up the distribution chain to see what's going on with stock.
Hero, I'd at least be interested to find out how these are being allocated, as we know some strix have come in to the country. unless OCUK have some new *Build Stock* XD

Associate
I'm still waiting on any news about Zotac trinity. Rumors that it's delayed for a redesign but not confirmed anywhere that I've seen. There's just no more shipping and everybody is left wondering....

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Hoping someday soon a ship starts to appear over the horizon, carrying many of our cards so we can put this all behind us.... In all seriousness though, I'm quite chilled about the whole thing. I've not once contacted OCUK and I doubt I will unless I've not got my card by the time AMD release their cards.

I'm 50th in line for the Trinity non OC, hopefully it turns up soon.

I do think there's something strange happening. All retailers hands are tied to the point they won't say what's exactly the hold up, screams to me of a legal issue if someone said what is actually going on. People are so mad at their chosen retailer because of lack of information and not one of them is saying a word as to what the problem is with stock. Then you have a GPU rep saying recently if they could say what the problem is that it would make their life a whole lot easier.

What I think might be a possibility is that Nvidia knew AMD were going to be pushing them this round, hence the TDP of the Nvidia cards and the beefy shrouds to cool them. If Nvidia are first even without supply then they have their consumers locked into the retailer which doesn't equate to gauranteed sales but for most, they will wait to get the card. Then by the time AMD release their card, possibly a lot of the Nvidia orders will be filled by that point. Most people will stick with what they have even if there are better options soon after purchasing. Better could mean more efficiency at a better price-point but I can't see most people switching over based on those criterias.

Yes, it's a bit out there but with lack of information from anywhere and based on the crap retailers are getting without saying a word makes me feel the legal issue might be true. As for Jensen pulling a fast one, well he's a very successful business man and likes to succeed. I could possibly be wrong about the reasons, but I do feel there's some sort of legal hold over the voices of people who could actually tell us what is going on.

Good luck ladies and gentlemen, the wait continues and may it be short.

TrM

TrM

Associate
I'm still waiting on any news about Zotac trinity. Rumors that it's delayed for a redesign but not confirmed anywhere that I've seen. There's just no more shipping and everybody is left wondering....
Zotac has been sent out today though the trinity oc card has which is the same as the normal trinity just a slight boost bump from 1710 to 1725 so if they have been redesigned it didn’t take long.

Soldato
So did anyone here manage to grab a 3080 today to arrive soon? I've spotted 3 different cards (TUF OC, Giga Gaming, Palit) at times throughout the day today elsewhere. Missed the TUF OC (but I already have one coming Saturday) and passed on the Giga and Palit as my sister don't want them. Shame no FEs though. Seems to be a steady(ish) flow coming through where no real pre-orders were taken.

Associate
How is it that OCUK has failed to send a single Strix/OC out? Their suppliers must be treating them as a joke (like i guess many of us are beginning to think).
Competitors have been shipping them, and i will guess they probably use the same suppliers, so what gives?

Associate
How is it that OCUK has failed to send a single Strix/OC out? Their suppliers must be treating them as a joke (like i guess many of us are beginning to think).
Competitors have been shipping them, and i will guess they probably use the same suppliers, so what gives?
My guess is that shipments from the supplier have to be ordered online, when order day came around OCUK weren't fast enough with the F5 key, I wonder if they got an email with their place in the queue for shipments :confused:

Associate
7 Tuf OC delivered per week on average lol. Are they being sent by a lad on a Deliveroo bike?

nope think its via this guy
marrakech-donkey-cart-delivery-A8EYXN.jpg

Associate
My guess is that shipments from the supplier have to be ordered online, when order day came around OCUK weren't fast enough with the F5 key, I wonder if they got an email with their place in the queue for shipments :confused:

Woah, would suck to be them. I wonder if they paid for the total cost of the shipment upfront too. That would doubley suck to be them.

Back
Top Bottom