• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Check out this Gamers Nexus MSI factory video, they can crank out 2.5M graphics cards and motherboards a MONTH!. However don't expect they switch all that capacity to 3080's (well maybe when they were selling them on the bay themselves)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYzxDaxNer0

I heard 1 million GPU a month in the video ?

How many SMT lines do they have ? Palit runs 11 in one factory and 10 in another
Palit Microsystems' monthly maximum capacity reaches 1,200,000 units

Associate
There's so many bat **** crazy theories flying around at the moment. Like Nvidia are going to squeeze a £399 60GB, 4nm 3080Ti Super into the tiny gap between the 3080 and the 3090 and it's going to be out next week. Everyone who couldn't get a 3080 is using this as some justification of why 'waiting' is some big brain insider move when the reality is, they just didn't F5 hard enough on launch day.

Associate
You do know Nvidia had an investigation into a leak at the boards manufacturers don't you? BYD manufactures the heatsink, Foxconn stuff the boards ! You are actually proving my point by using the FE !
If you bought a car and it developed a fault would you blame the car company - lets say ford - or the part manufacturer?:confused:

Associate
Have you all watched the Gamers Nexus video with actual concrete numbers of cards received by one retailer? It's a bloody joke. Has to be Nvidia causing the problem considering how low it is across the board: https://youtu.be/0kyyhkNOclk?t=587

The number of incoming cards at 0 is really worrying!
Yes we all know the position, and it's probably because the companies are having to use the pre production small board stuffers who exist to produce boards which are small number and can be quickly modified in order to get some product out.

I've worked in a wafer fab when the UK still had them, and I've worked with machines capable of placing half a million SMD components an hour What have you done?

When Apple says it's delaying its production by a month, everyone else feels the effect, the volumes as mind boggling, they don't just produce iPhones, and this launch also has a slew of ancilliaries. How do you explain the same issue affecting Microsofts Xbox? Nvidia don't make any chips for that ! The common factor is they are both assembled at Foxconns plant in China.

Associate
Hi Lukasz,

I don't think any have been shipped today. I think it was 3090s.
according to my first email on 2nd Oct i was 123rd in a Q, dwo days ago received new one indicating 119th position, not a single TUF 3080 was shipped this month - thats a ******* joke init? ( i moved 4 positions but they are just 4 ppl that gave up in fornt of me, i dont blame them tho.. )

Associate
They are the only ones to have said that and it could be a junior staff member for all we know. There is zero other evidence to support this as a reason, and in fact Nvidia themselves say yields are good and the problem is not at their end (aside from blaming us the customers of course)

Nvidia say yields are good yet they have no FE's lol
The evidence certainly points to a lack of Chips from Nvidia
And palit just confirmed it

I dont think junior staff members are really allowed to represent a company on a global platform either

Associate
according to my first email on 2nd Oct i was 123rd in a Q, dwo days ago received new one indicating 119th position, not a single TUF 3080 was shipped this month - thats a ******* joke init? ( i moved 4 positions but they are just 4 ppl that gave up in fornt of me, i dont blame them tho.. )

I don't even think that mine is in production till the end of October - Gigabyte Xtreme but I could be wrong. My first queue number has been 196 and I haven't had an update since the 10th October so I think people are sticking around.

Associate
But again personally I am not in any rush as my 1080 still holds out really well at 1440p - but I completely understand other peoples dilemmas if they have sold their previous card while trying to save up for a 3080.

Associate
But again personally I am not in any rush as my 1080 still holds out really well at 1440p - but I completely understand other peoples dilemmas if they have sold their previous card while trying to save up for a 3080.
... CB2077 is just round the corner , would u rather wait till 3080 or run it on 1080 ? mine is 1070 so im in even worse sitation, im promising me sen im not touching it untill i have 3080 in my chasis :rolleyes:

Associate
... CB2077 is just round the corner , would u rather wait till 3080 or run it on 1080 ? mine is 1070 so im in even worse sitation, im promising me sen im not touching it untill i have 3080 in my chasis

Personally, if I am that desperate to play CB2077, I will just play it on the settings I can run at - I can't change the inevitable haha :)

Soldato
I don't even think that mine is in production till the end of October - Gigabyte Xtreme but I could be wrong. My first queue number has been 196 and I haven't had an update since the 10th October so I think people are sticking around.
The Xtreme are delivered next week or the week after, there was a Gigabyte twitter on aorus UK, they will arrive Soon matey

Back
Top Bottom