• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
What doesnt make sense is that on one hand we are being told that companies wont **** small amounts they will wait till they have full cartons etc. But on the other we are being told they've had a delivery of about 6 cards. If you make a note of all the official statements and compare them they dont make sense.

Associate
Im going to go ahead and suggest that while Gibbo may be partially telling the truth in that SI stock is ordered separately, I suspect it all comes in one lump from the distributors. So when he is saying small/OK/bleh, that is for the total number of cards in that shipment. That shipment is then split between pre-order and SI stock.

Seems to me to be the only reasonable explanation for what appears to have happened with Strix cards today, the Aorus cards t'other day, and the last TUF OC shipment where number 9 went to 1, and everyone else behind that moved 6 spots (one person moved 7 in the top 10 as well iirc).
Exactly this is why I pushed him to confined this yesterday. He replied to me with that. I've asked him again. Basically what you have said. Because something fishy is going on here.
I'm in top 10 for the TUF OC he said OK amount coming in by end of the week. Which by his own metric is around 50 units. Or 30-75 so if I don't get my shipping then yeah something bad is going on here.

Associate
What doesnt make sense is that on one hand we are being told that companies wont **** small amounts they will wait till they have full cartons etc. But on the other we are being told they've had a delivery of about 6 cards. If you make a note of all the official statements and compare them they dont make sense.

This is correct AIBs wont send out small numbers they will send a set number of them which arrive at a distributor. The distributor then splits that delivery between retailers and sends a bunch to said retailers. So if they only get 40 in but have 8 retailers to split it between each retailer will only get 5 cards.

Associate
This is correct AIBs wont send out small numbers they will send a set number of them which arrive at a distributor. The distributor then splits that delivery between retailers and sends a bunch to said retailers. So if they only get 40 in but have 8 retailers to split it between each retailer will only get 5 cards.
That makes sense, so the issue is that the original announcement was untrue? I dont have that card but feel bad for those that did. They were told that a certain amount would arrive and if only 6 have been sent then the rest either never arrived or have been used for other purposes.

Associate
How? there's no buy button for me but out of stock has vanished

Happened to refresh reddit and there was a direct link to the website stocking them.

Edit: They are all gone now.

It seems said etailer is changing the web address for each drop to stop bots. I never saw a button on the Nvidia website, none of my distill pings went off, and telegram didnt even catch it.

If that comes through I will be one happy chappy :D

Associate
That makes sense, so the issue is that the original announcement was untrue? I dont have that card but feel bad for those that did. They were told that a certain amount would arrive and if only 6 have been sent then the rest either never arrived or have been used for other purposes.

Not necessarily, problem about Gibbo's posts about whats coming in is that they are intentionally vague he only ever says "an okay amount" or "large amount" if you look on his post an OK amount is "approx 50 units" so while we read that and say okay he said its a Ok amount they are getting 50 in in reality he never said 50 they might only get 44 as a "Ok amount" as its not guarenteed to be 50 cards. An Ok amount could be any number of cards between 30 and 75 cards.

Associate
Not necessarily, problem about Gibbo's posts about whats coming in is that they are intentionally vague he only ever says "an okay amount" or "large amount" ok amount if you look on his post is "approx 50 units" so while we read that and say okay he said its a Ok amount they are getting 50 in in reality he never said 50 they might only get 44 as a "Ok amount" is not guarenteed to be 50 cards.

He defined 'Small' are being a range between 10-30. So in this case there IS a problem with his post.

Associate
Happened to refresh reddit and there was a direct link to the website stocking them.

Edit: They are all gone now.

It seems said etailer is changing the web address for each drop to stop bots. I never saw a button on the Nvidia website, none of my distill pings went off, and telegram didnt even catch it.

If that comes through I will be one happy chappy :D

So seems nVidia didn't bother to actually make it available through their own website. Pretty mad tbh, been refreshing it since last night.

It's like nvidia make it hard for the genuine customers to get while the bots aren't penalized at all...

Associate
Contract of sale isn't necessarily valid either. A contract needs offer (the 3080), consideration (your hard earned cash) and acceptance - A lot of company's have clauses in their T's & C's that state they accept into the contract *once they invoice you for the item* - the catch being that they don't invoice you until the item is dispatched...

While that might be technically down to the fine print correct, the point I was making is that Asus aren't the ones letting him down, they haven't actually sold him anything.

And the FE no longer shows out of stock or coming soon

Associate
Not necessarily, problem about Gibbo's posts about whats coming in is that they are intentionally vague he only ever says "an okay amount" or "large amount" ok amount if you look on his post is "approx 50 units" so while we read that and say okay he said its a Ok amount they are getting 50 in in reality he never said 50 they might only get 44 as a "Ok amount" is not guarenteed to be 50 cards. An Ok amount could be any number of cards between 30 and 75 cards.
But in this case he said small, which has been defined as 10 - 30, and they got 6.

So, while i agree with you, the issue is that this wasn't even in the bracket. it would fall in to the bracket below, which is Very small. If he said Small and they got, 10 or 11, fair enough. But that's not what happened.

Back
Top Bottom