• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I expected way more of the Strix to ship today, if it was only 6, it was more like a very small amount, not small...

Unless they're expecting more late afternoon, or the shipments got split up or something idk

Associate
I expected way more of the Strix to ship today, if it was only 6, it was more like a very small amount, not small...

Unless they're expecting more late afternoon, or the shipments got split up or something idk

Exactly this, I was fully prepared to not get mine today being 26th, but to see such pathetic numbers coming in is really disheartening. these are the numbers i'd expect my local small chain to get, not a national retailer!

Associate
think what you like, but your contract of sale is with one place.....I'll give you a clue, it isn't with Asus!!!

I got out of the queue for the Asus tuf non-oc a couple of weeks ago as we knew what was happening back then and yet its still available for pre-order, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones thats sat with an FE.

Contract of sale isn't necessarily valid either. A contract needs offer (the 3080), consideration (your hard earned cash) and acceptance - A lot of company's have clauses in their T's & C's that state they accept into the contract *once they invoice you for the item* - the catch being that they don't invoice you until the item is dispatched...

Associate
Exactly this, I was fully prepared to not get mine today being 26th, but to see such pathetic numbers coming in is really disheartening. these are the numbers i'd expect my local small chain to get, not a national retailer!
Exactly :( it baffles me that shipments that small can even be considered a shipment
I hope there's an explanation for the number being less than expected anyway. Honestly I'm not too fussed if it takes another month, I'm position 203 now and just want it before Cyberpunk releases like many of us. Thankfully it actually got delayed so gives me more time

Associate
So @Gibbo this is why I asked you to confirm that these amounts of cards coming in that you are giving your naming for like "small=10-30" considering you said small amount of strix oc 3080 and all you shipped out was 6 as confirmed by the new emails automatically sent out after shipments this is why many feel like the numbers you are being given then pass to us do included SI systems or something else because 6 is no where near 10-30 bro. Very small it should have been. Come on you need to explain this to people.

I don't even have a Strix oc. But it's concerning for other things you've said are coming in.

I'm in top 10 for TUF OC. And you have said OK amount which is around 50 units. 30-75. And if I don't get my card in this batch then something clearly fishy is going on.

Associate
SI stock is ordered by someone else on separate product codes, nothing to do with me or forum members. SI allocation comes directly from board partners for SI partners.

Strix OC 42 - 36 :( not the 10-30 that was suggested :(

Im going to go ahead and suggest that while Gibbo may be partially telling the truth in that SI stock is ordered separately, I suspect it all comes in one lump from the distributors. So when he is saying small/OK/bleh, that is for the total number of cards in that shipment. That shipment is then split between pre-order and SI stock.

Seems to me to be the only reasonable explanation for what appears to have happened with Strix cards today, the Aorus cards t'other day, and the last TUF OC shipment where number 9 went to 1, and everyone else behind that moved 6 spots (one person moved 7 in the top 10 as well iirc).

Associate
think what you like, but your contract of sale is with one place.....I'll give you a clue, it isn't with Asus!!!

I got out of the queue for the Asus tuf non-oc a couple of weeks ago as we knew what was happening back then and yet its still available for pre-order, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones thats sat with an FE.
ok.... so?
they're the ones solely responsible for not providing stock of strix non-oc. If they knew they weren't going to sell non-OC strix anytime soon, they shouldn't have told retailers to put them up for a freaking sale....

Associate
Exactly :( it baffles me that shipments that small can even be considered a shipment
I hope there's an explanation for the number being less than expected anyway. Honestly I'm not too fussed if it takes another month, I'm position 203 now and just want it before Cyberpunk releases like many of us. Thankfully it actually got delayed so gives me more time
Even if there is, I doubt very much we'll ever hear why, it'll be swept under the rug with all the other explanations!
I'm still hoping for mine before cyberpunk, but at a rate of 6 or so every 2 weeks, im not going to hold my breath!

Associate
I can confirm that I also moved 6 positions for the Strix OC.

I wasn't "fully" prepared, as my position was = 21. But I HOPED that IF I don't get it now, I will definitely get it in the next batch (hoping that my position will be in the very small range). Guess not. Small is no longer between 10 and 30. What is the point of having that information out.

Back
Top Bottom