• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If you just go with the pricing and "AMD are not a charity" logic...

AMD are confident that the 6800 is faster than the 3070.
AMD think the the 6800XT is close to the 3080 (maybe $50 discount for inferior ray tracing?)
AMD are confident that the 6900XT is faster than the 3080.

People won't get to spend actuall money until after the reviews come out, so the pricing has to hold up in the light of independent reviews.

I'm hopeful that AMD's first gen ray tracing can't be used to try and justify the pricing and AMD is offering legit raw performance.

The internet is full of rubbish information at moment regarding the new tech, it's all made up... Great example here :-

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Graphics Card To Feature 10,496 CUDA Cores, 20 GB GDDR6X Memory & 320W TGP, Tackles AMD’s RX 6800 XT $899-$999

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-20-gb-graphics-card-specs-leak/

Same rubbish as before with 3070Ti 16gb and 3080 20GB... ohh wait nvidia cancelled .. lol they never existed in any form. Same again with 3080Ti thats now a 3090 with 20GB and all same spec for $899-999... come on really...

Caporegime
Same rubbish as before with 3070Ti 16gb and 3080 20GB... ohh wait nvidia cancelled .. lol they never existed in any form. Same again with 3080Ti thats now a 3090 with 20GB and all same spec for $899-999... come on really...
It's hilarious that you are writing this as though you have any idea of the actual facts of what you are talking about.

Permabanned
:D:D:D:D:D:D
I almost wet meself.

Scraping the bottom of that justification barrel eh?

At least, AMD puts a bit more effort to update its user interface and make it more user friendly, while Nvidia puts exactly 0 effort and steals the Microsoft default appearance.

still the same 6 cherry picked games with no RT.

next.

Roll on the real reviews I say.

I don't care about ray-tracing. It's dull and unnecessary today.

Soldato
The internet is full of rubbish information at moment regarding the new tech, it's all made up... Great example here :-

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Graphics Card To Feature 10,496 CUDA Cores, 20 GB GDDR6X Memory & 320W TGP, Tackles AMD’s RX 6800 XT $899-$999

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-20-gb-graphics-card-specs-leak/

So come on, if these are all rubbish (I am not saying one way or the other) please fill us in with what is actually happening. You seem to know after all.

Soldato
At least, AMD puts a bit more effort to update its user interface and make it more user friendly, while Nvidia puts exactly 0 effort and steals the Microsoft default appearance.
Okay buddy, easy there, stealing MS' default appearance??? what are you smoking man?

As much as I like AMD's drivers as a whole, their navigation took a step back with the last UI update. Let's be real here okay. It needs some tweaking. Now I can agree that NvCP is ugly and outdated but that doesn't really matter as long as you have access to all the features... ohh snap.. :p, anyway what drove me up the wall with NvCP was how long it took me to access settings for a specific program if I wanted to fx. have one program run without Gsync.

Permabanned
Okay buddy, easy there, stealing MS' default appearance???

Find the differences:

what are you smoking man?

Nothing and never will

As much as I like AMD's drivers as a whole, their navigation took a step back with the last UI update. Let's be real here okay. It needs some tweaking. Now I can agree that NvCP is ugly and outdated but that doesn't really matter as long as you have access to all the features... ohh snap.. :p, anyway what drove me up the wall with NvCP was how long it took me to access settings for a specific program if I wanted to fx. have one program run without Gsync.

Fair enough

Associate
The guff in this thread is being taken too all new levels lmao... we need some pics of partner cards! Im hoping AMD do a bundle offer for GPU + CPU in the near future, i dont think they will at release, i think it will come next year after the initial surge of orders.

Soldato
I like AMD GPU's, I love Adreniline Software and does what I need it to do now... I also appreciate the nVidia control panel being probably simpler and also their fantastic cards over the years... I can use either because I'm not retarded... as long as functionally they work and are both easy to use and I believe they are... I couldn't give a crap what colour they are, how siplistic they are etc... AMD can never win, nVidia can never win in some peoples eyes. Getting boring a lot of this crap now. If you don't want AMD, stay out of the thread, if you want nVidia go into another thead... it's simple.

I thought an AMD thread would be full of AMD lovers but seems like people are constanlty bickering all the time... I reckon 75% of this thread is BS at the moment lol YES I'm in a bad mood today and came in for a read and chill and I've literally read nothing of use lol which has put me in an even worse place lol

Soldato
ooo excellent. So the story is as we thought. it either matches it, or out performs it in AMD optimised titles, and loses to Nvidia optimised titles :) and its 50 bucks cheaper.

So this will come down to RT performance and how important that is to you :)

To me at 4k it's more the 16 vram that matters more. RT is not really fit for purpose at 4k atm and i have Freesync which is another reason i am getting the 6800xt. What i did see is the 6800xt looks to be rather noisy but slightly cooler. I might have to wait for aftermarket coolers if this turns out true.

Soldato
These benchmarks are fake - they can't also even calculate the percentage difference going from only 10GB VRAM to as much as 16GB VRAM.
Hint - it's 60% more VRAM, not 37% more.

Also, who told them to bench with Core i9-10900K and not with Ryzen 9 5900X or Ryzen 9 5950X?
These benchmarks are fake - they can't also even calculate the percentage difference going from only 10GB VRAM to as much as 16GB VRAM.
Hint - it's 60% more VRAM, not 37% more.

Also, who told them to bench with Core i9-10900K and not with Ryzen 9 5900X or Ryzen 9 5950X?

It's not very often i would agree with you, but i think these benchies are fake as well. Let's face it, we all know by now that even the 5600x is faster than a 10900K. If you had a 6800xt in your hands, you would also have at least a 5600x as well. No, this lot is fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom