• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Their products are good, but it does look like they need to work on their customer relations a little. :p

Opera%20Snapshot_2020-11-10_181552_rog.asus.com.png

Yeah I have a ROG board, just the way they are being so secret about the whole GPU carry on, somebody somewhere knows exactly what's going on but not sharing information, honestly if I ran a business like this I would be embarrassed.

Associate
Like most of you I'm actively on the hunt for a 3080 via alternate means now as there is little to no info from OC or ASUS (late 190s in the TUF queue). Will keep this order but have no confidence of getting it inside the next three months. Hoping to get something on the next FE drop. Picked up the TUF to match up with my other ASUS build components but can't be arsed anymore. Had been patient but am now a bit annoyed by the lack of any info from anyone despite handing over cash nearly two months ago. Bit of a reputational disaster for all parties concerned this.

Associate
To people watching the German Asus store: have you seen any Tuf non OCs sell through there? It would be nice to get confirmation that Asus are actually making / selling these cards. TIA.

I've been on the German Nvidia site. I looked at the German retailers they recommended for the ASUS TUF OC. There's none in stock.

Associate
To people watching the German Asus store: have you seen any Tuf non OCs sell through there? It would be nice to get confirmation that Asus are actually making / selling these cards. TIA.
There was non OC stock just today. Got to the checkout but the site was so slow my order couldn't go through in time.

Associate
Got my shipping confirmation a few minutes ago for gigabyte Eagle. Was que position 3 last Friday. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Same, I was in 4th and got my shipping notification too. almost 2 months for an order within the first 30 mins. Really feel for people 100+ in any Q, hopefully Santa fills your stockings.

Associate
So less than 19 came in for the eagle oc then
Not sure what the upper limit was, but there was that "missing" shipment that appeared at the end of last week too, that was a decent chunk, 30-40 units maybe. I went from 50 i the Q to 4th after that went out on Thursday/Friday.

Yeah I have a ROG board, just the way they are being so secret about the whole GPU carry on, somebody somewhere knows exactly what's going on but not sharing information, honestly if I ran a business like this I would be embarrassed.

I reckon ASUS screwed up.
They probably are not making next to no margin on the Non-OC model which was originally a MSRP card.
And the fact the chips are binning well means there really is little difference between the two models.

Hence that's why I think they are prioritising the OC model, it's all about the extra £££££ they make.

Last edited:
Associate
Got a bit fed up looking all the time. Did have a 3090 on order at one point but realised I would probably have to upgrade my PSU from an 850 as I have a few other things running off my PC in addition to the essentials.

Managed to just strike lucky and order a ASUS RTX 3070 ROG STRIX OC which will come this week. More than happy with that as the original 3080 card wasn't the OC version anyway. Should last me 3 years until I rebuild my PC from scratch anyway. Now I can give my daughter my 1080TI that I promised her.

Good luck everyone, this sale has been a real s***show and judging by the noises from AMD on 'low stock' I doubt that will be any better. I just decided to do a moderate upgrade as by the time the 3080 comes about you will be nearly at the next launch!

Back
Top Bottom