• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Very happy with the new controller here.

I like the feel/texture of the finish. Got a good grip on it. Not sliding about in your hand when the stress of the final warzone circle closes in

Soldato
Xbox chat adaptor problem reverting to stereo
Hi, i have a 5.1 audio system (connected to my amp via hdmi) and seperately when i play online i use a standard 3.5mm audio cable via the chat adaptor to chat to friends.

When i use the chat adaptor for some reason it automatically reverts the sound output on the xbox to stereo (even after i unplug it). Is there any way to stop this from happening?

I have pictured my dog with my series X for your time .

*i noticed this on my series X but im pretty sure the problem is the same on the one X

69K6i4U.jpg

Associate
Xbox chat adaptor problem reverting to stereo
Hi, i have a 5.1 audio system (connected to my amp via hdmi) and seperately when i play online i use a standard 3.5mm audio cable via the chat adaptor to chat to friends.

When i use the chat adaptor for some reason it automatically reverts the sound output on the xbox to stereo (even after i unplug it). Is there any way to stop this from happening?

I have pictured my dog with my series X for your time .

*i noticed this on my series X but im pretty sure the problem is the same on the one X

69K6i4U.jpg
Best xbox picture I've seen this week!

Man of Honour
I tried the Series controller and they’re far inferior to the Elite 1/2, but for the price I’d expect that to be the case!

Wow that's steep for an app. Will give the trial a go once I'm used to the "normal" sound to see what I think.

You’re paying for the licence, not the application.

I’ve never played an Assassin’s creed but I got black flag for free. Should I start there or get the latest one?

Soldato
When my X arrives,can I move my XBO to the spare room and keep using it as I do now or do I have to buy another gold account if someone wanted to play online at the same time as I'm online on the X?

Soldato
Anybody else's downloads capping around 20mbps?

Was going much better before (70-80mbps) and thought all my updates would be downloaded early this morning, but still got ages to go

Now I'll be lucky for them to finish today

Permabanned

Was going much better before (70-80mbps) and thought all my updates would be downloaded early this morning, but still got ages to go

Had a brief gonkast night, make sure it all worked. Was downloading at about 350Mbps last night. Wired connection. Not maxed out but quick enough.

Soldato
That is very alarmist. Mine also smells of electrical burning, but appears to be functioning perfectly. I imagine it will wear off in time.

lol you do realise in that Reddit video the Xbox isn’t even turned on?

Now don't quote me but I thought some degree of new electrics smell would be normal. That said I haven't had any electric smell coming from mine. But I haven't got within 5 feet of it when its running.

One thing I am disappointed with - I wanted a green light in the top. Booooooo! :p

Associate
Morning all

Did everyone get there Xbox from MS delivered yesterday as mine was meant to be there between 11-1.30pm and didn't turn up . Looks like the driver gave up and finished from how it read .

Now looking on ups site its say in transit and nothing more. Can't even find a uk number to call either .

The fact i had one on amazon ordered and cancelled thinking MS was the safest route !!

Thanks

Soldato
I’ve never played an Assassin’s creed but I got black flag for free. Should I start there or get the latest one?

Black Flag was great at the time but I think the newer ones have surpassed it. Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla are all more RPG-like. To be honest the sci-fi stuff in these games is all pretty rubbish so most just play them as Viking sims etc and there is no real continuity that I care about - they're all good as standalone games. I think they are a lot of fun now where I wasn't fussed on the original formula.

Man of Honour
I tried the Series controller and they’re far inferior to the Elite 1/2, but for the price I’d expect that to be the case!

I'm really curious in what way. I may pick one up, although I worry about all the reports of them breaking. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Yes, I had this problem most of late evening/night.

Soldato
Its really annoying to find that the Xbox Console Companion will not stream from the Series S/X and the only way is android currently. Huge oversight from MS here to not have this sorted in the apps prior to release in my opinion, let alone the problem of not supporting Android TV.

You can side load the app on android tv, I tried it on my shield to test gamepass cloud streaming but it looked terrible on a big screen.

I noticed on my ps4 last night that they have added a remote play from your ps5 option so maybe MS will allow you to stream from a series console to an old one / one s.

Soldato
Looks great, runs very smoothly as well.

Seems Control Ultimate PS5/Series X release has been pushed back :(
I’m sure I saw some YouTube clip that control runs much better regardless...might still get it but wouldn’t want
Its really annoying to find that the Xbox Console Companion will not stream from the Series S/X and the only way is android currently. Huge oversight from MS here to not have this sorted in the apps prior to release in my opinion, let alone the problem of not supporting Android TV.
it isn’t a ms oversight - isn’t that apples App Store issue (the heavily publicised one?)

Back
Top Bottom