• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Currently at 5hr screen time and battery is at 50%. Seems like the 12 pro battery is getting better and better as you use it. When I first got it, I didn’t think that highly of the battery but now it seems pretty damn good.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I had an 8 and wanted to upgrade to get a better camera to use for pictures of our little one.

Mentioned previously in the thread, I bought a 12 pro but didn’t get on with the size. The return to the squared edges made it feel (to me) more awkward to hold, and found that I was getting pain in my hand.

So I sent that back and bought a mini instead which arrived Saturday.

First impressions when getting out the box, blimey this feels small and just like an old 5/5S/SE.

Very light, as much as I like them to look at I still prefer the rounded edges over the squared, picking my 8 back up it just feels right in every way, weight and shape.

Nice having more screen estate, no bezels, but on just these aspects it doesn’t feel like much of an upgrade over the 8. Screen does feel very tall and thin.

The 12 pro I had really felt like it was an upgrade as it was just so much bigger, but as has been mentioned somewhere else isn’t the thread it didn’t feel like enough was done with the increase in screen size, the icons etc just scaled to be bigger rather than fitting more on screen.

Now the cameras on the mini are a big upgrade over the 8 no contest, and so far I’m not seeing much difference for me between this and the pro. I didn’t use the telephoto lens really when I had it, although I’m sure in future it would come in handy (but likely that’ll be something I’ll look for on a future upgrade in a few years time) and the only thing I might have used would be night mode portraits. Not sure how much faster focusing the lidar gave for regular photos.

But apart from those omissions the Mini is doing the job very nicely on the camera side of things.

Battery wise, I’m not a heavy phone user and was still able to get 2 days out of my 8 in the week when I’m not using it much in the day.

So far after a full charge last night I’m on 50% battery now with 4 hours 16 of screen on time and 36 min screen off.

Overall whilst again it doesn’t feel like a massive upgrade based on size alone, this should suit me fine as I like a ‘small’ phone, and this thing feels bloomin’ tiny and light as hell.

I think for me a perfect phone would be an iPhone 8 but with a full OLED no bezel screen and the upgraded cameras, so this is the nearest I’ll get to that in an iPhone ;)

Soldato
people are reporting that when using a case and screen protector the Lock Screen becomes unresponsive. Oddly touching something metal on the phone, like the lens ring then makes it responsive again
Strange ! I’ve got a totallee thin case on mine with no screen protector. And haven’t had a problem yet.

Associate
people are reporting that when using a case and screen protector the Lock Screen becomes unresponsive. Oddly touching something metal on the phone, like the lens ring then makes it responsive again

I’ve certainly noticed it a few times. I put it down to user error until I read your post! I’m using a spigen screen protector and a silicone case. It seems to happen at random, maybe once or twice out of ten. Next time I notice it I’ll try contacting the metal bezel surrounding the camera lenses.

Soldato
I was considering upgrading from my X, but I'm still salty about them removing force touch. It would be a step back in productivity for me because I love editing and highlighting text using it. I'd pay extra for the Pro model if they added it back just for text editing.

Associate
Its great to read battery life is good and much better than my existing phone!
Finally got hold of a pro max, one from Amazon and one from Apple directly. Wondering if any difference in warranty between the two? Leaning towards keeping the Amazon parcel as within a year i could go back to either Apple or Amazon. Or am i mistaken?

Man of Honour
Warranty with Apple is the same, however you may find that Amazon will support it for much longer. I recently managed to get an out of warranty QNAP replaced through Amazon.

Caporegime
Are you folk that upgraded from the iPhone X to the 12 Pro happy with the upgrade? Now debating whether to change out the battery on my X and wait until next year. Order is not due to ship until 24th November! :p
I went from an xs to 12pro and I couldn’t be more happier. Took me a day to get used to the bigger size, even though it’s not that much bigger than my xs. But the squared off sides make it slightly harder to hold. I’ve got an Apple leather case for it so it’s a bit more nicer to hold.

In all honesty I could have stuck with my xs for another year but new tech...so thought might as well.

Soldato
I went from an xs to 12pro and I couldn’t be more happier. Took me a day to get used to the bigger size, even though it’s not that much bigger than my xs. But the squared off sides make it slightly harder to hold. I’ve got an Apple leather case for it so it’s a bit more nicer to hold.

In all honesty I could have stuck with my xs for another year but new tech...so thought might as well.
Cheers I have the Apple leather case too. Been holding it to get used to the size! I remember going from 6S to the X and didn’t think I’d get used to the size/weight difference. It may be muscle memory as the X now feels perfect. Hoping the 12Pro will be the same step up from the X!

Caporegime
Cheers I have the Apple leather case too. Been holding it to get used to the size! I remember going from 6S to the X and didn’t think I’d get used to the size/weight difference. It may be muscle memory as the X now feels perfect. Hoping the 12Pro will be the same step up from the X!
It definitely will be, even from my xs the 12 pro is very much a step up and seeing as the x is a yr older than my xs, you will definitely see a speed and battery increase.

Soldato
Quick question.. does 4G use more battery than 3G or are they roughly the same now ? I find 3G fast enough for what I need, but I can also get full signal 4G now. Just wondering which setting to keep the phone on

Back
Top Bottom