• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
OP
Hello! Can you let us know what week your card was produced? If you look at the serial number printed on the card it starts with SN20xx..... "xx" is the week number.

edit: oops sorry didn't realize Harney just asked this question. Thanks Harney for your response to my post.

no need to be sorry ..you made it clear re how to get the Wk number

Associate
@harney @boffer thanks both of you!

The problem with the card is that the port for the pcu cable is to short so the pcu cable can't be plug at all. We try but is impossible.

My card info:

SN204241097809

The shop I buy it from can't reach to their own providers, so we still waiting for the ticket in gigabyte support web to be processed

Associate
Today I finally installed a 3070 Eagle and a 3090 Gaming OC. In both cases power connectors were perfect: all pins were straight and connection was totally all right. So it seems that at least some cards have the issue solved :).

Associate
@GIGA-Man I had my Gigabyte card RMA'd last month, as I had random shutdowns and games crashing. The game crashing was fixed and I suspect that was the driver update nvidia brought out which fixed it. However, I am still having random shutdowns and they only only started happening once I got the 3080. I am testing with an older card and it hasn't shut down yet. I'm continuing to test with it but if I do suspect the 3080 is causing the random reboots then will it be possible to get a replacement card? It's a bit ridiculous to have to RMA the card two times now I think.

Caporegime
@GIGA-Man I had my Gigabyte card RMA'd last month, as I had random shutdowns and games crashing. The game crashing was fixed and I suspect that was the driver update nvidia brought out which fixed it. However, I am still having random shutdowns and they only only started happening once I got the 3080. I am testing with an older card and it hasn't shut down yet. I'm continuing to test with it but if I do suspect the 3080 is causing the random reboots then will it be possible to get a replacement card? It's a bit ridiculous to have to RMA the card two times now I think.
What PSU do you have?

Associate
What PSU do you have?
I've got the Corsair RM1000x. I've swapped out my GPU with my old 2080 super and I haven't randomly shutdown yet. I've been testing in games for around 3 hours now. I'm not sure if it's a combo of my PSU and my 3080. I did see that my 3080 drew around 300w compared to around 200w on my 2080 super or if that it's just my 3080 itself that is faulty or something.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Are new cards ( arriving god knows when ) all sorted now?

There suppose to be . but i have seen peeps on Wk43 above having problems
@harney @boffer thanks both of you!

The problem with the card is that the port for the pcu cable is to short so the pcu cable can't be plug at all. We try but is impossible.

My card info:

SN204241097809

The shop I buy it from can't reach to their own providers, so we still waiting for the ticket in gigabyte support web to be processed

your Wk42 so looks like you got one of the mixed up ones ..Well i hope you manage to get it resolved quickly .

I've got the Corsair RM1000x. I've swapped out my GPU with my old 2080 super and I haven't randomly shutdown yet. I've been testing in games for around 3 hours now. I'm not sure if it's a combo of my PSU and my 3080. I did see that my 3080 drew around 300w compared to around 200w on my 2080 super or if that it's just my 3080 itself that is faulty or something.

I will be surprised if its your PSU i very much doubt it ..are you able to test the 3080 in another PC maybe.

Associate
There suppose to be . but i have seen peeps on Wk43 above having problems

your Wk42 so looks like you got one of the mixed up ones ..Well i hope you manage to get it resolved quickly .

I will be surprised if its your PSU i very much doubt it ..are you able to test the 3080 in another PC maybe.
Yeah I can try. I also doubt it's my PSU. I have a feeling it's the card. I'll report back when I've tested it in another PC.

Associate
Hi,

Following my Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision problem ... I made RMA to my reseller with a full and immediate refund ... I am now looking for an RTX 3080, better for my Gaming use (3440x1440p)
I still focus on the Vision series which is the only card that fits perfectly with a white setup ... Hoping it's not Russian roulette yet!

Associate
OP
Hi,

Following my Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision problem ... I made RMA to my reseller with a full and immediate refund ... I am now looking for an RTX 3080, better for my Gaming use (3440x1440p)
I still focus on the Vision series which is the only card that fits perfectly with a white setup ... Hoping it's not Russian roulette yet!

Thx for the update

Associate
Just Upgraded my PSU and the left connector was a pain to install looks like I have the same Problem with an SN of 2042 and no heat shrink , just sent the email so let's hope.

Associate
My card should be arriving at GBT for repair today so fingers crossed. That makes at least three of us that has reported a connector issue with specifically the left connector on a Week 42 card.

Associate
I'm using the Gigabyte RTX 3080 gaming oc and just upgraded the PSU to the Corsair RMx 1000W. How about Yourself?
Same card, but I'm using a EVGA G3 750W PSU. The left connector was also the issue for me as I believe it was for the other guy with the week 42 card. The pins looked fine to me and two other people have also said they looked fine but the connector wouldn't go all the way in. Will have to see what GBT come back with on the RMA

Associate
Hello everyone,

I have purchased 3080 Eagle on 17 September when cards was released, card received October 23 and for about 2 weeks there was no problems at all.
After that time my computer started to randomly reset when i was playing games, not often, i had 1 full day without restart then on next day restart happened after 15 minutes, other day after 5 hours.
SN was 2038 but i did not noticed if there is something wrong with power connectors, also mine looked as it was already replaced with new ones

I have also checked all my components. PSU was brand new but tested anyway with PSU tester (100% working - 750W), MemTest (8 runs without error), i have also stress test PSU, Processor, RAM, GPU - not a single error or restart (programs used: OCCT, AIDA, Prime)

Performed clean Windows install, re-assembled almost whole PC to check if cables are connected properly - did not help

Computer was not overheating - 3 fans on front, 1 back and CPU cooler Noctua with 2 fans (thermal grizzly kryonaut paste), GPU ~65* and CPU ~ 60* while playing games.

When i did all of that i still got one restart on last Friday and since that there was no problems at all, then i found this thread so i decided to go with RMA (Poland)

I was also tried to use MSI Afterburner and GPU-Z to save logs after Friday restart but it did not happen (only thing i did was one more time reconnect 8-pin cables to GPU but i also did it before so i don't know if this was causing the issue)

Card was picked from me Today and i will share results when i will have it back.

Back
Top Bottom