• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Shroud would have been better minus the red, though red is their colour so would have been odd to not include it in some way, maybe just should have kept the logo red. There was talk a while ago about a version of the cooler minus the red and more black, dunno whats going on with that one.

ed: https://www.wepc.com/news/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-black-edition/

Yeah I did see the Black Edition which I'm assuming is some form of 50th Anniversary equivalent...looks so much better.

Associate
Seems a bit odd to me that AMD seemed to have skimped slightly on the back plate connectors this time round. Only 2 DP, 1 HDMI and a USB-C.

Even my old 1080ti had three DP.

I am currently running 2 DP monitors and an index so having 3 DPs connections is not crazy.

What if you are on triple screen also? Just seems odd.

Is this likely to be the same for the non-reference AIB cards as well, or is there a chance that some of them would have different port arrangements?

I've currently got triples connected by displayport, plus a VR headset by HDMI, on my 5700xt. Hadn't even occured to me that the port arrangement would be different this time...

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
^^^ precisely (as per Grim a few posts up). no one informed expected on par perf with Nvidia this generation for RT. The fact it seems to keep up with Turing is pretty darn good tbh. Wait for reviews obviously as info is not 100% concrete.

RT still isn't a clincher for me yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom