• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
@Grim5 do i need to post videos of my series X with zero coil whine?

Get a life mate, your as transparent as a window with no glass.

Did AMD abuse you or something? Its pretty sad your constant trolling of a thread you have zero interest of adding anything constructive to.

Just move on mate and stop wasting hours of your life finding news ways to hate something, it's not healthy

Soldato
Sure. But then again all options can be turned to low for more fps right? Guess you dont care about how good a game looks then.
This statement ignores the fact that developers aren't going to just dump standard raster. In most games for the foreseeable future rt will be a minor part of the graphics and not have a massive effect due to a lack of horsepower. Most importantly for years prior to RT, gamers have been turning off effects whose penalties out weigh the benefits. It is a balancing act.

Also the World isn't Black or white stop trying to make an argument that is centred on that premise.

Associate
This statement ignores the fact that developers aren't going to just dump standard raster. In most games for the foreseeable future rt will be a minor part of the graphics and not have a massive effect due to a lack of horsepower. Most importantly for years prior to RT, gamers have been turning off effects whose penalties out weigh the benefits. It is a balancing act.

Also the World isn't Black or white stop trying to make an argument that is centred on that premise.

Now that both consoles have ray tracing I expect it to be heavily featured in upcoming titles IMO. In traditional raster, there is hardly any difference between high and ultra. Ray tracing provides relatively a much better visual upgrade

Soldato
Any leakers

Any moist benchmarks

Apparently a spanish youtuber was less than watertight and let a dribble out

https://imgur.com/a/MBH09vn

f1080.png

g51080.png

F1440.png

g51440.png

f4k.png

g54k.png

h4k.png

Small sample suggests AMDs cards do a lot more at 1080p and towards 4k becomes more even with Nvidia.

Apply salt as desired

Last edited:
Soldato
Now that both consoles have ray tracing I expect it to be heavily featured in upcoming titles IMO. In traditional raster, there is hardly any difference between high and ultra. Ray tracing provides relatively a much better visual upgrade
What do you mean by heavily featured?

Do you mean a majority of games will feature it? Then I agree but with the caveat that I already mentioned.

Or do you mean it will play a big role in game visuals? Unless there is a break through in raytracing algorithms that make it less computationally expensive, or developers manage to pull something amazing out of the optimisation hat or there is a mid cycle console refresh were the consoles have 2-3x the rt performance of a 3090. I just don't see it happening.

If I was to be more optimistic we may see optimisations similar to the Spiderman game which I believe allows the game to run at 4k30. So for anyone not gaming at 4k this could mean locked 60fps with RT on the pc side.

Associate
Any leakers

Any moist benchmarks

Apparently a spanish youtuber was less than watertight and let a dribble out

https://imgur.com/a/MBH09vn

Small sample suggests AMDs cards do a lot more at 1080p and towards 4k becomes more even with Nvidia.

Apply salt as desired

At this rate, the only thing which can save NVIDIA is an RTX 3080 Ti/Super Launch at 699. The 6800 XT is trading blows with an RTX 3090.

Caporegime
It's not going to be "heavily featured" if you mean in terms of implementation. The hardware specs of the current generation of consoles (and GPU's) do not support that.

It's going to be "heavily marketed" though, that's for sure.

Associate
The 6800 beasting a 3080 at 1080p in some titles is eye opening, shows how badly ampere performs at lower resolution.

Seems AMD finally shut up the "But meh 3000fps at 720p CSGo!) whiners.

I wonder what cpu that is on as well? Interesting times ahead for sure.

Soon itll be" But yeah Nvidia is superior at 4k with RTX and DLSS enabled" while checking their sigs to find 1080p screens ;)

Soldato
Soon itll be" But yeah Nvidia is superior at 4k with RTX and DLSS enabled" while checking their sigs to find 1080p screens ;)
Nvidia might push manufacturers for cheaper 4k gsync monitors. It would be funny if all it took for 4k gaming to become mainstream on PC was for Nvidia to start losing at 1080p and 1440p.

Associate
Those reasults are similar to the AMD results.. at least the 4K ones. which means it was stock.

With the overclock headroom of those cards the GAP could be even wider at lower res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom