• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
AMD's recent Reference PCB boards have actually been pretty solid. there most recent models like 5700XT had one of the best boards and AIB's downgrounded to save money, likewise for the Radeon VII, both over specced. That said, can't go wrong with 3070FE at all, looks to be a very nice card.

That’s good to know, I don’t like the idea of paying a penny over MSRP so would pretty much always get a reference anyway. Glad the quality is there now and people don’t have to pay over the odds for AIB.

Soldato
Yeah build quality is superb, I did notice a odd fan noise at 72%-73% RPM exactly on first one, fortunately not an issue as rarely spun that high and going under water. 12 Pin is in odd spot, but with a thin custom sleeved cable like I done, actually looks neat. Sounds good though you got half with whine and half without (well good would be all without). Combined with others saying they have no whine leaves me with faith there are FE models without it!
!

Do you have any pics of the sleeved cable? I’d like to do something similar.

Associate
Which site did you use distill on, nvidia or the competitor?
Actually used both. Though the competitor site originally appeared about 10 minutes before going live, which gave me enough time to add it to Distill. It was a bit of luck to be honest, Distill managed to capture the link change on the "Out of Stock" button for a fraction of a second. Had the same thing yesterday when the 3070 came into stock. About 2 minutes before it went live, I got a ping that the "Out of Stock" button had changed. Didn't buy one, as managed to grab a 3080 :D. BUT Distill does pick these things up if you set it up right.

Associate
There are custom sleeved cables you can grab online. Managed to get mine a week ago for my PSU model, and custom lengths to boot so fit my new build perfectly. Will post a pic on here once it's done, just waiting for alternate RAM and replacement pump, as the one from a competitor was faulty :mad:

Soldato

Sure. Not got pics in build again as replacement 3090FE is on way today with ydays drop, but snaps took prior with old one. used moddiy, which I think few other members have also gone onto use. I got a silver wire finish, but can do the whole host of finish's, length's, colour, PSU models or just extension etc.

pdCUKi9.jpg
oB2bq7L.jpg

Associate
Sure. Not got pics in build again as replacement 3090FE is on way today with ydays drop, but snaps took prior with old one. used moddiy, which I think few other members have also gone onto use. I got a silver wire finish, but can do the whole host of finish's, length's, colour, PSU models or just extension etc.

Nice! Did you make those? Or from a certain company in Hong Kong? Also, what happened to the 3090?

Soldato
Nice! Did you make those? Or from a certain company in Hong Kong? Also, what happened to the 3090?

yup ordered, think most people did use them if you mean modiy :p

Had far too much coil, PC is 3m away yet was buzzing like crazy. Can see people got FE models without whine that extreme so sent it back. While some whine is acceptable, this was too much on some of the best PSU's you can use. Seen people mentioned they not getting whine with there FE model so seems I got unlucky with first one.

Soldato
Sorry not been keeping up but can you still get 3080FE's and are they only through the Nvidia store in UK still?

You go to Nvidia's store when link becomes available and in turn takes you to a competitor site (to OCUK) from where you purchase the FE models, largely been once a week drop for most the part with variation on days. Need to be quick, 3080FE in particular, they sell out like gold dust, talking mins from when the link goes live. Most people will be on discord, or monitoring the link. The 3070FE and 3090FE went up for sale yesterday, 3080FE did not. In past all three went up at similar time so wait and see on 3080FE. Some think may be today to take shine from AMD, but who knows.

Soldato
I’m guessing the 22nd/23rd for the next 3080FE stock based on those emails posted earlier this week. They slightly oversold the last allocation and those people were told their cards will ship on the 23rd.

Soldato

pdCUKi9.jpg
oB2bq7L.jpg
Mines ordered from same place and on it's way

Associate
You go to Nvidia's store when link becomes available and in turn takes you to a competitor site (to OCUK) from where you purchase the FE models, largely been once a week drop for most the part with variation on days. Need to be quick, 3080FE in particular, they sell out like gold dust, talking mins from when the link goes live. Most people will be on discord, or monitoring the link. The 3070FE and 3090FE went up for sale yesterday, 3080FE did not. In past all three went up at similar time so wait and see on 3080FE. Some think may be today to take shine from AMD, but who knows.

Doing a drop today would be brave considering it'd hammer said competitor's website on two fronts if they're also launching their allocation of AMD cards.

What time did the 70's and 90's drop yesterday by the way? I'd been keeping half an eye on the nvidia site and missed that.

Soldato
Doing a drop today would be brave considering it'd hammer said competitor's website on two fronts if they're also launching their allocation of AMD cards.

What time did the 70's and 90's drop yesterday by the way? I'd been keeping half an eye on the nvidia site and missed that.

True not sure hence why I put who knows :) though to be fair, 3080s along with the AMD stuff will sell out even if launched today regardless so much pent up demand.

Went up at around 3:30. 3070's were on for about 5 - 10 mins, 3090 for a bit over an hour. Prior days its been in the afternoon also. 2ish I recall getting my other FE model. only way for the 3080 you will really get a chance is getting an alert of some kind IMO at the moment, Unless the AMD stuff is so good, puts the 3080 (and 3090 by extension) in the ground entirely.

Soldato

No worries, cheers for the info :)

Soldato

pdCUKi9.jpg
oB2bq7L.jpg
Awesome, thanks!

Associate
yup ordered, think most people did use them if you mean modiy :p

Had far too much coil, PC is 3m away yet was buzzing like crazy. Can see people got FE models without whine that extreme so sent it back. While some whine is acceptable, this was too much on some of the best PSU's you can use. Seen people mentioned they not getting whine with there FE model so seems I got unlucky with first one.

Hehehe, indeed I did mean them :D. Went for the full sleeved (black-blue interchanging) Corsair kit for my RM750. Quality was great and fit like a glove!
Love the slim cables though....Nice sleek look to it.

Back
Top Bottom