• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Lol Godfall RT enabled only on AMD 6xxx series atm.. hahah.

Can’t have ampere beating it on their ‘launch’ partnered title.

intentionally disabling RT on Nvidia to hide the fact that your card is weak at raytracing. It’s DXR, obviously would have worked on NV too, just like AMD can play the RT games released until now.

ZZzZzzZzz

Soldato
Interesting interview chatted about ray tracing how current games had Nvidia in mind and optimized for

And looking forward how it will be improved on AMD and with games being ported from console's using AMD

https://youtu.be/FvE7GeaPjjA
That was a given. However, nvidia marketed it in a way to suggest that "anyone can use it" is fictitiously specious and false. Sure, anyone can use how they do RT but if your hardware isn't built around Ampere is will perform much worst. Because the implimentation of RT is 10-70% (at a guess) tied into Ampere's Uarch.
VS
Not being able to run it at all because the implementation is 100% tied into Ampere. Therefore it won't work.

It's the same manner in which tesselation was used in Crysis 2 (I believe). Sure, AMD/Intel GPUs can run it. But it will do so hamstrung.

Permabanned
No, the 10GB is the real problem for me, i wouldn't even buy an 8GB 3060TI for that reason, the 8GB i have on the 2070 Super is already a problem for me in more than one instance.

Yet the 3080 is beating the 6800xt in MSFS 4k. Now that systems are supporting SAM and the comming DX IO there is even less need for extra VRAM. What would you do with all that extra VRAM?

Associate
So scanning this thread if your gaming at 1080/1440p/High refresh the 6800/xt is a no brainer, at 4k its much of muchness between AMD & Nvidia... If you have to have RT performance Nvidia is the only real choice... For all the several games that support it and all points are moot because we cant buy the things anyway?

I think I will check out the new GPUs in a month or two. :p

Caporegime
Lol Godfall RT enabled only on AMD 6xxx series atm.. hahah.

Can’t have ampere beating it on their ‘launch’ partnered title.

intentionally disabling RT on Nvidia to hide the fact that your card is weak at raytracing. It’s DXR, obviously would have worked on NV too, just like AMD can play the RT games released until now.

ZZzZzzZzz
I sense we can mark you down for a 6800 XT purchase Chris?

I can see LtMatt sitting in the corner wearing just a cardboard box over his head.
Lol, I'm not sure what this means Wrinkly but unless i can get this game for free i probably won't even play it. :p

Caporegime
Interesting interview chatted about ray tracing how current games had Nvidia in mind and optimized for

And looking forward how it will be improved on AMD and with games being ported from console's using AMD

https://youtu.be/FvE7GeaPjjA
Look at the first game optimized for Ray Tracing on AMD, Dirt 5.

Not saying every game will be like this, but now there are more GPUs capable of supporting DXR Ray tracing - and most importantly, two of them are in the new game consoles.

Just some innocent teasing. It's good to see AMD doing well again.
It's all good. :)

Associate
I sense we can mark you down for a 6800 XT purchase Chris?

Lol, I'm not sure what this means Wrinkly but unless i can get this game for free i probably won't even play it. :p

Maybe if godfall was cyberpunk. Godfall is a garbage game to partner for. Plus it’s ‘timed’.

Only thing i already bought this year is a ps5 which will be here tomorrow. Both gpus are underwhelming this ‘gen’. AMD almost had it, if RT was better and had an answer to DLSS ( a real one not... pfsssfx)

For the record, ill repeat myself. AMD already won here in Romania. The 3080 is 300 euros more expensive...

Soldato
Only thing i already bought this year is a ps5 which will be here tomorrow. Both gpus are underwhelming this ‘gen’. AMD almost had it

The vanilla 6800 beating the £1,350 2080ti and the brand-new 3070 whilst drawing 165 watts disagrees with your summary.

The 1080 draws 180watts.

If we can get the 6800 into a laptop, its a game changer for me because its all i actually need in a laptop. At 385w peak, if you tried to get a 3080 into a laptop it would probably melt the chassis.

After having 100% Nvidia GPUs in my laptops for over a decade, AMD is calling time.

Associate
Just for general info, I did make an order at 14:37 but it looks like OCUK oversold and they are not getting any more stock in so are refunding orders including mine. Demand was once again much higher than supply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom