They need their freedom.

Soldato
That isn't true? Is there proof for that assertion?

Before it is repeated again, no I don't think temporary accommodation before being removed from the country is social welfare. Regardless of the issue at hand these folks are still human beings and deserve to be treated as such. It's in no way comparable to being paid Universal Credit or getting a council flat, those benefits aren't available to these folks due to the fact that they aren't legally entitled to it.

Do you really believe these folks are coming here after weeks or months of travelling just to get a bed and substandard food for a few weeks/months with minimal (if at all) prospect of remaining here (likely after paying criminals an exorbitant sum for the pleasure)? Perhaps they've been lied to and think otherwise, but it's a frankly ridiculous motivation for us to treat these people with less respect than we currently treat our worst citizens.

Which is why they should always have been returned to their last destination when picked up which would have deterred others from following. Once they claim asylum they're not considered illegal whilst there application is being processed though are they? So whilst they're application is being processed they're not all being held in migrant camps, aren't they in social housing with minimal prospects of legal work and instead receive a small allowance?

Soldato
DNA ancestry testing would cost £50 and show exactly where they came from, The UK only has to ask for a DNA sample from any country we give aid too, So thats all of Africa basically. You do not take them back you get no aid and we house them on a cruise ship until they get fed up enough to voluntarily leave.

Yes well at the moment we're also putting them up in hotels!

Soldato
Obviously one shouldn't be here and the other is legal and we don't have a magic money tree for the rest of the world!

I get that however due to lock down the government puts anyone who is on the streets in one way or another or vulnerable in some kind of accommodation temporarily as part of their lock down procedures.

This isn't discriminatory so everyone is included as it is a matter of public health.

Caporegime
I don't like the fact that our service men and women are on the streets, while these Economic migrants are housed in hotels.

The reason those veterans are suffering isn't really a simple issue is it? Regardless of that, maybe that's a matter of voting for people who care?

Soldato
I get that however due to lock down the government puts anyone who is on the streets in one way or another or vulnerable in some kind of accommodation temporarily as part of their lock down procedures.

This isn't discriminatory so everyone is included as it is a matter of public health.

But they (illegal immigrants) don't need hotels over and above some other temporary accommodation such as a repurposed disused army barracks.

Permabanned
Nigel Farage has proved time and time again that he's a nincompoop.

A nincompoop that's changed the face of British politics, brought discussion of the undiscussable, and held a wavering promise of leaving the EU to account. Some nincompoop... I think what you mean is he doesn't agree with your globalist ideals and its necessary loss of sovereignty.

Soldato
You keep moving the goalposts lol.

No, I've consistently said we shouldn't be letting them in if they could have claimed asylum in a country before ours, which at the moment would be the case since no one on our borders is at war. I've also always been for returning them when picked up in whatever ocean they're crossing and returned to where they set sail from. If we were tougher on dealing with the problem at it's source then we wouldn't be encouraging more to make such journeys. The French should be intercepting these people in the Channel rather than watching on too.

Soldato
And maybe the illegal immigrants should have claimed asylum in one of the many safe countries they passed through before reaching the UK!

It's not even possible to reach the UK without passing through a safe country. Which is why they are economic migrants.

They walk right through Italy and France, reach the UK, get arrested and then complain.

Back
Top Bottom