• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I don’t understand what info people need, supplies are short on most products. I tried to get a Corsair RM 850x for weeks and most suppliers were out of stock and the price went up a bit. But that’s the power supply I wanted for my new build so I sucked it up waited until there was some decent supply of them and payed a bit more deal done. It’s not like the internet is not full of tons of decent cards if you don’t have a GPU. If you do have one do what my two mates are doing who have 1070 TI’s pre-order or wait a few months what’s the big deal really when people are losing their jobs or dying?
I don't know why you wrote this . Your right supplies are short on most things but when competitors getting them by the 100s and oc scraps then questions need to be asked. The price went up within half an hour of release if I'm not mistaken I got it at MSRP I could cancel but then I'm left paying 100+ or getting shoved behind massive queues if I join somewhere else, it's not unreasonable to think that just under 100 in queue shouldn't have to wait this long . Yes people are losing Thier jobs and dying and that's horrible but you don't know the circumstances people are in on this forum oc have people's money in the bank and they pretty much are being incompetent and drip feeding info

Last edited:
Associate
As far as any bitching or moaning goes why don’t people just cancel their order and get their money back instead of talking **** her complaining. It’s a graphics card it’s not the cure for cancer. It ms like everything else it will be in stock when it’s in stock suck it up or go elsewhere. If I was a staff member working for OC I bet that’s what they would love to tell the ignorant ******* customers on this forum complaining about a GPU @Gibbo

Associate
I'm out, just submitted cancelation form for MSI 3080 x Trio, so everyone above 296 in the queue gets a bump. Got my RX6800xt from Bolton competitor delivered this evening, so will be upgrading tomorrow :D. Happy days. Good luck to everyone, might pop in from time to time to feel the madness ;)

Associate
percept I think you need to catch yourself on. I built a PC for my son last Christmas with a 5700xt that was £380 quid and is still find. I have the power supply as an example, that stock on all things not just tech is slow at the minute. I think you need to get some realism it’s a graphics card which took a few years to design get your money back and wait for a 3080 TI any rational person person would think your full of ****

My business relies on a GPU right now. It can make some jobs profitable or not as margins are so tight on 3D work. Right now my 1080 just doesn't cut it, it isn't profitable as it takes way too long to render. My bread and butter, 2d work and traditional design that a 1080 is more than adequate for, are dead right now due to the situation, so 3D archviz and animation is mostly what I can get right now - thi is how I keep a roof over my families head. I need a gpu that can do the job and I can't afford a quadro. If I can't get one, then it would be really helpful to have an idea of when it might happen so I can at least make some loose plans for the future. Were not all after MOAR FPS!

Associate
Thanks, good to know, thankfully I don't have a front rad
Card came today, I knew would be tight fit as Cosair recommend max 300mm, had to remove middle fan to get it in even then was very close. Will prob add extra fans to compensate,although temp is very good and quiet. Also anyone thinking of psu upgrade I am using Corsair 650W TXM gold w/o problems.

Associate
As far as any bitching or moaning goes why don’t people just cancel their order and get their money back instead of talking **** her complaining. It’s a graphics card it’s not the cure for cancer. It ms like everything else it will be in stock when it’s in stock suck it up or go elsewhere. If I was a staff member working for OC I bet that’s what they would love to tell the ignorant ******* customers on this forum complaining about a GPU @Gibbo

Are your lips not chafed from all that OCUK ass kissing?

Associate
Yeh mate I'm so ignorant. it's ok for a company to sit on my money while they had ETA of the cards yet 2 months on and here we are . If you don't like it get out the forum. I have enough knowledge to know that other places are getting stock quicker so I have a right to moan all I want

Associate
All the comments regarding people dying and losing their jobs. Yes, this is bad and on the grand scale of things these are more important than a Graphics card. But this is a Graphics Card forum where people are rightly a little annoyed at forking out £650+ on an order with a company that tout themselves as a top NVIDIA and GPU supplier and are receiving little to no info.

Associate
I'm out, just submitted cancelation form for MSI 3080 x Trio, so everyone above 296 in the queue gets a bump. Got my RX6800xt from Bolton competitor delivered this evening, so will be upgrading tomorrow :D. Happy days. Good luck to everyone, might pop in from time to time to feel the madness ;)
Enjoy! I got one too. Been great the last 2 days I've been playing with it. Very impressed so far.

Associate
Enjoy! I got one too. Been great the last 2 days I've been playing with it. Very impressed so far.

Thanks mate, you too. I jumped the gun a couple of times with 3080 ordered from couple of competitors in the past only to be disappointed with "oversold cancellation" later, so didn't wanna get to excited until card was in hand. Now it's finally here :D

Associate

The fact that you care and wrote a post about this says enough about you lol.

Pro tip - stop reading this thread.

Edit: not sure if troll

Associate
The fact that OCUK have not received a SINGLE Asus TUF 3080 non-OC since launch it absolutely terrible.

Thousands of pre orders for that card, but not even a single one procured. What the hell is going on?

Associate
My business relies on a GPU right now. It can make some jobs profitable or not as margins are so tight on 3D work. Right now my 1080 just doesn't cut it, it isn't profitable as it takes way too long to render. My bread and butter, 2d work and traditional design that a 1080 is more than adequate for, are dead right now due to the situation, so 3D archviz and animation is mostly what I can get right now - thi is how I keep a roof over my families head. I need a gpu that can do the job and I can't afford a quadro. If I can't get one, then it would be really helpful to have an idea of when it might happen so I can at least make some loose plans for the future. Were not all after MOAR FPS!

For rendering are there now urilities that can farm the rendsring out to separate cards? Nig fir resl time rendsring, but for production. You'd have 3 or 4 cards accessible then. No good for gaming...but for non realtime rendering..

Associate
EWW Do you kiss your kids with them stained lips?

Associate
A competitor just unilaterally cancelled my pre order today, which I placed on the 7th November for stock that was supposed to come in on the 30th. Companies are behaving like absolute scumbags and treating their customers with contempt. They've left me without a Christmas gift for my son.

I placed a pre order on here for a Zotac trinity OC

Seemed to be the card that I was likely to get first. Anyone know what the queue is like for that SKU or which card in likely to be able to get first ?

Associate
A competitor just unilaterally cancelled my pre order today, which I placed on the 7th November for stock that was supposed to come in on the 30th. Companies are behaving like absolute scumbags and treating their customers with contempt. They've left me without a Christmas gift for my son.

I placed a pre order on here for a Zotac trinity OC

Seemed to be the card that I was likely to get first. Anyone know what the queue is like for that SKU or which card in likely to be able to get first ?
you should get that pretty quick, they get around 50 a week of the trinity cards, last time i checked it was around 55 in the que...

unless its changed

Associate
For rendering are there now urilities that can farm the rendsring out to separate cards? Nig fir resl time rendsring, but for production. You'd have 3 or 4 cards accessible then. No good for gaming...but for non realtime rendering..

Yeah I was thinking about that as a solution to the animations. My 1080 needs overnight to push out a 15 second 720p 3d animation lol. It can be expensive if don't get things right first time though.

The stills might not work with render farms though. I'm trying to do ultra real, which needs a lot of previewing and testing. I'm struggling with my current setup to be honest. I'm no 3D expert yet (I'm only about 1000hrs into 3D), but like every designer I've had to diversify into every other design field to stay afloat, but right now this is the work I'm getting so I need to reset for it. A 3080 was a reasonably affordable way to do that.

Back
Top Bottom