• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any Reason to buy intel?

Caporegime
Except that's no longer the reality.

show me proof and i dont mean amd games shill biased where intel arent literally the same performance game wise?

then show me the chip you talking about from amd and the intel cpu and prices. then show the heat they both produce.

you will find there is literally no difference and the funny thing amd cpus are actually dearer.

Soldato
Feh, there seem to have been at least a couple of hundred 5950x delivered to one retailer I've been tracking so far. It's a pain but I don't think we're looking at another nvidia 30-series scale issue.
CPUs are a much higher volume part than £700+ GPUs and are a lot easier to manufacture so the fact that the restock volume has been so low 3 weeks after launch is quite worrying and doesn't bode well.

Soldato
Doesn’t matter what this thread is talking about.

the insane demand and sales figures for the new zen chips across the globe is clearly the best answer for the question. People are voting by their hard earned cash.

Bolton store didn’t sell out their thousands of zen3 CPUs in matter of seconds if intel is still in the game (no pun intended).

all this fanboy chit chat is pointless. We all know the answer to the question - no point in buying intel at the moment.

things may change when rocket lake s hits but IMO highly doubt it.

Soldato
Doesn’t matter what this thread is talking about.

the insane demand and sales figures for the new zen chips across the globe is clearly the best answer for the question. People are voting by their hard earned cash.

Bolton store didn’t sell out their thousands of zen3 CPUs in matter of seconds if intel is still in the game (no pun intended).

all this fanboy chit chat is pointless. We all know the answer to the question - no point in buying intel at the moment.

things may change when rocket lake s hits but IMO highly doubt it.
I don't think there was more than a couple of thousand CPUs in the whole country let alone at one store.

Also if someone wants to build a gaming PC right now and don't want to wait till sometime next year then buying Intel is perfectly fine and will match zen 3 in fps at 1440p or above while costing less core for core,

Soldato
show me proof and i dont mean amd games shill biased where intel arent literally the same performance game wise?

then show me the chip you talking about from amd and the intel cpu and prices. then show the heat they both produce.

you will find there is literally no difference and the funny thing amd cpus are actually dearer.
Boy you talk some absolute *****

Associate
I
Also if someone wants to build a gaming PC right now and don't want to wait till sometime next year then buying Intel is perfectly fine and will match zen 3 in fps at 1440p or above while costing less core for core,
If you don't mind be stuck on that chip, as the rest of the sane people who picked up a 3600 upgrade to a 5x00.

Soldato
If you don't mind be stuck on that chip, as the rest of the sane people who picked up a 3600 upgrade to a 5x00.
Not everyone upgrades their CPU every generation though although with Intel you could buy a 10400F for cheaper than a 3600 while having the same performance then the option to upgrade to rocket lake which is rumoured to have around 15% IPC and high clocks over comet lake so should overtake zen 3 again atleast in gaming.

Associate
Not everyone upgrades their CPU every generation though although with Intel you could buy a 10400F for cheaper than a 3600 while having the same performance then the option to upgrade to rocket lake which is rumoured to have around 15% IPC and high clocks over comet lake so should overtake zen 3 again atleast in gaming.

Gamble on a chip that isn't out yet, from a manufacturer who hasn't kept a promise in years? Who has a history of forcing motherboard upgrades? Which we don't have a release date for yet?

Soldato
I don't think there was more than a couple of thousand CPUs in the whole country let alone at one store.

There was an article linked that the Bolton store had sold 1500 5900x etc in first day. Add 5950x 5900x 5800x and 5600x all up it is around 3-4K of CPU from that store alone. That’s pretty significant stock. I think OCUK ordered thousands also. Dunno how many were delivered and sold. But put it this way, definitely sold more CPUs than any of the intel daily sales figures for a long while.

Soldato
There was an article linked that the Bolton store had sold 1500 5900x etc in first day. Add 5950x 5900x 5800x and 5600x all up it is around 3-4K of CPU from that store alone. That’s pretty significant stock. I think OCUK ordered thousands also. Dunno how many were delivered and sold. But put it this way, definitely sold more CPUs than any of the intel daily sales figures for a long while.
The fact that they sold 1500 doesn't mean they had stock to forfill all those orders, OCUK also sold 1500+ but had stock to forfill about 300.

Associate

I love how these arguments from the intel fanboys have just flipped around "Oh well you can actually get hold of these and they're just as good at real resolutions! And you can get them cheaper!".
Yes, they're still good chips, but the turnaround is so funny :p

Soldato
I love how these arguments from the intel fanboys have just flipped around "Oh well you can actually get hold of these and they're just as good at real resolutions! And you can get them cheaper!".
Yes, they're still good chips, but the turnaround is so funny :p
Considering I'm running a ryzen 5 3600 I would hardly call myself an Intel fan boy. I just look at the argument from both sides.

Associate

That store did sell that many 5900x but they didn't have that much stock. We went into a queue,, just like here.

Associate
No reason to buy Intel and AMD is constantly out of stock with about 50 CPUs arriving in the whole of the uk in the last 3 weeks so may aswell forget building a PC.

If someone can't wait then just buy an Intel, they may come to regret it later but if they can't wait it's not a hard choice.

Back
Top Bottom