• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I personally feel the prices of the 6900XT is too high compared to the performance of the 6800XT and the same with the 3090 V the 3080. My sensible head is telling me to go with the tier down from the top, Not often I have a sensible head but when I can upgrade (when stock is available), I will go for either the 6800XT or 3080.

i posted in the other thread but the 6800XT Sapphire Nitro+ OC at £615 is a performance bargain. If 3080 the MSI Suprim X or the Asus Strix OC would be my choice but i can’t find a price for them to compare other than £1350inc.

Associate
3090 is terrible value for games but it is great for compute heavy and vram heavy tasks which is what it was marketed for. It has way more vram ang higher bandwidth than 3080 oh and way bigger cooler.
6900XT has nothing more than 6800XT except few extra cores.

Permabanned
Lol I do find it funny when people make such statements.

Yeah it is indeed such a shame they didn't have infinite resources to tackle both CPU and GPU markets after being close to bankrupt for years :p

What's funny about it? They developed a decent GPU arch that would have done extremely well 12 months ago. Instead they decide to launch just after Ampere with poor RT support, nothing to combat DLSS yet and no dedicated cores to off load such workloads too.

Caporegime
So you buying a 3080 then Gregster? :p
I doubt it, as the 10GB does have me a little worried bud, so looking more like a 6800 XT for me but at the same time, I doubt I will have the funds for my gaming room, as the Mrs has booked 2 cruises for next year, so no Freesync. I might even just sit it out and wait for the next gen!

Soldato
What's funny about it? They developed a decent GPU arch that would have done extremely well 12 months ago. Instead they decide to launch just after Ampere with poor RT support, nothing to combat DLSS yet and no dedicated cores to off load such workloads too.
Did AMD decide to do that or did Nvidia simply get the jump on them?

Associate
I doubt it, as the 10GB does have me a little worried bud, so looking more like a 6800 XT for me but at the same time, I doubt I will have the funds for my gaming room, as the Mrs has booked 2 cruises for next year, so no Freesync. I might even just sit it out and wait for the next gen!
in that case you will need a decent gaming laptop to take with you lol
oh and maybe starlink broadband...

Caporegime
i posted in the other thread but the 6800XT Sapphire Nitro+ OC at £615 is a performance bargain. If 3080 the MSI Suprim X or the Asus Strix OC would be my choice but i can’t find a price for them to compare other than £1350inc.
I would happily part with £650 for a Sapphire. I have been keeping an eye out but no luck but at the same time, I am in no rush.

Caporegime
Oh I dunno. Its like you think AMD sat around doing sod all in all that time :p

Permabanned
Oh I dunno. Its like you think AMD sat around doing sod all in all that time :p

Nope, I think AMD brought out a decent product too late to be of any real use. They cut too many corners designing a gaming card with the result being that in ~12 hours one of the most anticipated games will launch, while AMD have not even enabled RT on their cards.

Pet Northerner
Don
Nope, I think AMD brought out a decent product too late to be of any real use. They cut too many corners designing a gaming card with the result being that in ~12 hours one of the most anticipated games will launch, while AMD have not even enabled RT on their cards.

That's on the assumption people want / like RT. For each person it differs - I don;t care much for RT and don't game @ 4k so the 6800XT was a good purchase.

You seemingly really go for RT, making the 3080 a better choice for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom