• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Sometimes i just think people are going to be critical just because it's not Nvidia.

I don't see anything wrong with what i'm watching here.

Well that person definitely would. :p

Ray tracing is the new wang measuring tape, even though its arguably still a few years away from not being a gimmick supported in a handful of games.

Soldato
10th December 2020 - closer and closer. Just need some some better 6900XT PCB's/BIOS i think and its job well done for 2020. If its able to outrun those pesky EVGA cards in some of the games.

MneXdYyl.jpg

Caporegime
Wow, AMD really are playing silly buggers at the moment. First they say the reference design has been cancelled and then all of a sudden reverse the decision and then say production has been extended indefinitely? https://twitter.com/sherkelman/status/1336684121830137858

It's obvious that they already knew that there was crazy demand so this all just seems like very obvious and transparent marketing tactics to make it seem like they 'really listen' to user feedback.

Still, despite the yucky marketing spiel it's a good result and that's all that matters.

You have to register your interest two years in advance, and sacrifice a family member to the GPU gods. :D
Most people here would probably be happy to do that too. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
10th December 2020 - closer and closer. Just need some some better 6900XT PCB's/BIOS i think and its job well done for 2020. If its able to outrun those pesky EVGA cards in some of the games.

MneXdYyl.jpg
yep, overclock core of 200Mhz and undervolt by -0.50mv is the way to go on the 6800 XT so I suspect it’s similar with the full chip.

Associate
You have to register your interest two years in advance, and sacrifice a family member to the GPU gods. :D

Okay I'm in. Sign me up. Easy choice.

Wow, AMD really are playing silly buggers at the moment. First they say the reference design has been cancelled and then all of a sudden reverse the decision and then say production has been extended indefinitely? https://twitter.com/sherkelman/status/1336684121830137858

It's obvious that they already knew that there was crazy demand so this all just seems like very obvious and transparent marketing tactics to make it seem like they 'really listen' to user feedback.

This is another reason for me to jump ship on the GPU side from team red to green.

The second reason is the bad taste that the 5700XT drivers issue left in my mouth from the majority of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom