Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Mine dont work at the moment so, no worries. :p

I have a spare pair of motors though which do work. :)

But the blades are rock hard old rubber so I'd have to figure out a solution to that problem first. Not important, far more important things to worry about first!

:)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Headlight wipers stopped being fitted when cars moved away from using a glass lens to direct the beam and went to projector / reflector type lights with a polycarbonate cover. The last thing you want to do is use a wiper to drag grit across the polycarb as it will scratch.

Which is annoying in itself. I commute 70 miles per day (although I work shifts so my mileage isn't that high) and always wipe my headlights down when I get home even though I have Xenons with washers. I get through all my screen wash in 2/3 days as following lorries is annoying and even though I have headlight washers it doesn't really do much they still get filthy.

Permabanned
Off topic but what do you think of the RS6, happy with it? Looking for an M5 replacement in a few montrhs and an RS6 Performance, M3 CS and Alfa Guilla Quadrifoglio are all contendors. :)

Absolutely love it. It's probably the least 'fun' of the M3 and Quadrifoglio in that it can feel a bit too in control, but the way it just grips for days and does the 30-[redacted]mph sprint is addictive. Done a few thousand miles in long drive holidays last year in between lockdowns and it didn't miss a beat; on the motorways it's a placid mile muncher wafting along on air suspension and then when you're really messing around on A roads it'll let you get a bit of slip in the corners without getting too lairy. Up to 33k miles now and the only costs have been fuel and routine servicing with Audi main dealer (last one was £600, interim plus brake fluid), an air con deep clean and regas.

I was told to avoid the 21" rims as they have a habit of deforming on our less than ideal roads. What I have noticed a lot is that because the car is quite wide, you get quite a bit of tug on the wheel on badly cambered roads. It's not unique to the RS6, but it can be a bit unnerving on duff roads. You also realise quite how small so many car parking spaces are. I've also read tales that not being mechanically sympathetic before the engine is properly warmed up can cause premature turbo failures, which could be around £6k to have sorted by Audi, I tend to short shift until up to about 60-70'c oil temp.

Personally, I'd take it out of the three every day of the week because it really can do the extremes of taking your nan to get her supermarket shop and being ASBO-getter, but that's just my cup of tea. :)

Oh, and dat ass

oxtWnUA.jpg

OcUK Staff
Absolutely love it. It's probably the least 'fun' of the M3 and Quadrifoglio in that it can feel a bit too in control, but the way it just grips for days and does the 30-[redacted]mph sprint is addictive. Done a few thousand miles in long drive holidays last year in between lockdowns and it didn't miss a beat; on the motorways it's a placid mile muncher wafting along on air suspension and then when you're really messing around on A roads it'll let you get a bit of slip in the corners without getting too lairy. Up to 33k miles now and the only costs have been fuel and routine servicing with Audi main dealer (last one was £600, interim plus brake fluid), an air con deep clean and regas.

I was told to avoid the 21" rims as they have a habit of deforming on our less than ideal roads. What I have noticed a lot is that because the car is quite wide, you get quite a bit of tug on the wheel on badly cambered roads. It's not unique to the RS6, but it can be a bit unnerving on duff roads. You also realise quite how small so many car parking spaces are. I've also read tales that not being mechanically sympathetic before the engine is properly warmed up can cause premature turbo failures, which could be around £6k to have sorted by Audi, I tend to short shift until up to about 60-70'c oil temp.

Personally, I'd take it out of the three every day of the week because it really can do the extremes of taking your nan to get her supermarket shop and being ASBO-getter, but that's just my cup of tea. :)

Oh, and dat ass

oxtWnUA.jpg

Thank you out of curiosity what is mpg as I find the Audi numbers somewhat too good to be true.

Got the M5 as I needed a practical car and I have always wanted that V10 and its an amazing car and so far its being well behaved, no issues. But scratched that V10 itch now and I'd like something a bit more modern and hence I've narrowed it down to three cars, all of which I need to drive back to back:

RS6 / RS6 Performance - Most practical due to that huge boot, AWD and I do like the fact they come loaded with so many toys and a simple remap will give 700 horses. Gotta be purple or blue for me.
M3 CS - Love the looks, like how limited it is (100 UK cars) and I like its lively nature and probably not depreciate much. Rubbish colour options so have to be blue. Unless maybe considering an M3 Competition instead.
Alfa - Supposed to be absolutely awesome to drive on UK roads and they say your not a petrol head until you've owned one. Have to be in tri-coat red of course.

Permabanned
Thank you out of curiosity what is mpg as I find the Audi numbers somewhat too good to be true.

Got the M5 as I needed a practical car and I have always wanted that V10 and its an amazing car and so far its being well behaved, no issues. But scratched that V10 itch now and I'd like something a bit more modern and hence I've narrowed it down to three cars, all of which I need to drive back to back:

RS6 / RS6 Performance - Most practical due to that huge boot, AWD and I do like the fact they come loaded with so many toys and a simple remap will give 700 horses. Gotta be purple or blue for me.
M3 CS - Love the looks, like how limited it is (100 UK cars) and I like its lively nature and probably not depreciate much. Rubbish colour options so have to be blue. Unless maybe considering an M3 Competition instead.
Alfa - Supposed to be absolutely awesome to drive on UK roads and they say your not a petrol head until you've owned one. Have to be in tri-coat red of course.

I really wish I'd gone Merlin Purple, it's such a gorgeous colour!

Most of my journeys are a mix of A roads through towns and motorway, if I'm not being silly or held up in traffic 22-25mpg is easily doable and on cruise control at 75mph along the motorway 28mpg can be done. The short stuff around town is a much less palatable 14-16mpg. I think the only time I managed to get north of 30mpg was when I was tailing a lorry down the M5 because I was 40 minutes early picking family up from Bristol airport. :p

Despite being a 5 year old car, the technology still holds up very well. Touchscreen would be nice as entering postcodes with the dial interface is a bit tedious though.

Boo! Hiss!

Soldato
Which is annoying in itself. I commute 70 miles per day (although I work shifts so my mileage isn't that high) and always wipe my headlights down when I get home even though I have Xenons with washers. I get through all my screen wash in 2/3 days as following lorries is annoying and even though I have headlight washers it doesn't really do much they still get filthy.

And sunlight eventually destroys the plastic and they go cloudy :\

Bring back glass.

Man of Honour
What I have noticed a lot is that because the car is quite wide, you get quite a bit of tug on the wheel on badly cambered roads. It's not unique to the RS6, but it can be a bit unnerving on duff roads. You also realise quite how small so many car parking spaces are. I've also read tales that not being mechanically sympathetic before the engine is properly warmed up can cause premature turbo failures, which could be around £6k to have sorted by Audi, I tend to short shift until up to about 60-70'c oil temp.

Same experience driving a pickup :( especially the cambered bit which is worse with the generally unsettled ride of such vehicles anyway.

Permabanned
coming from the M5 to a RS6 is a no no for me.
i see in your sig is that a 458 ? why oh why would you want a RS6 ?

go for a rumble of a mustang or a aston martin, sounds like you have a good garage going as it is.

Back
Top Bottom