• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Palit 3060ti dual issues? Lower clock speeds?

Associate
Hi all,

I recently recieved a 3060ti in a new build by overclockers. But I'm having a strange issue with the gpu?
My scores in benchmarks consistently fall outside the average by between 800 to 1500 points. Timespy 3dmark for example. Putting me into the bottom % of cards.
After some testing I've narrowed this down to the clock speeds(for now). Almost all 3060tis will average a higher overall clock speed, while mine averages at 1740mhz. Example averages I've seen are 1950mhz, for cards at stock.
Average temperature after custom fan curve 66c max, all other settings stock.
I have tried high performance power plan and setting max performance in nvidia panel. To no luck.
Hwinfo64/ gpuz reports perf limits on reliable voltage, power and occasionally temp?

Any ideas. Or am I missing somthing obvious.

Soldato
Have you tried to overclock the core?

I'd imagen most people running these benchmarks would be doing so with an overclock which is why the stock score seems low.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Have you tried to overclock the core?

I'd imagen most people running these benchmarks would be doing so with an overclock which is why the stock score average seems low.

Hi no overclocking yet.
I got some stock scores which all averaged much higher at that 1950mhz mark, once overclocked they hit between 2000 to 21000mhz.
So my starting baseline is way off. I'm at a loss to why.

Associate
OP
Have you tried increasing the power limit as even at stock it should allow the card to clock higher.

I haven't changed any power settings yet. I have watched a few videos and have a basic idea of how to OC it. Again even their cards hitting around 1950 before OCing lol.
I will try a fresh driver install tonight also

I'm worried I have a dud card and will be stuck with it, trying to find the time to test these things is painful.

Does anything flag as possible hardware or even psu issues? It does seem to be hitting the power draw limit then downclocking. The thermal limit hit has me worried possible vrm heating issue?

Associate
I have this card for mining. You can't increase the power limit of this card. It tops out at 100%. You should be able to increase GPU base clock by 100MHz and RAM by 1000MHz.

Associate
OP
I have this card for mining. You can't increase the power limit of this card. It tops out at 100%. You should be able to increase GPU base clock by 100MHz and RAM by 1000MHz.

Any reasons for such a low base average on the clock? The gpu scores I'm getting are way off base for this 3060ti.

Soldato
Hi no overclocking yet.
I got some stock scores which all averaged much higher at that 1950mhz mark, once overclocked they hit between 2000 to 21000mhz.
So my starting baseline is way off. I'm at a loss to why.
The starting baseline doesn't really matter much. Cheap models (and I believe the Dual is about the cheapest model around) usually have lower clocks. In addition, it's probably hitting the power limit at stock, which will lower your clocks. Undervolt and overclock it. You'll see much better performance than stock with less power draw.

Gpuz flagged up perf limits as power, reliable voltage and hwinfo occasionally also flags temp.
Yeah, and there it is. If it's both power and temperature throttling, it's no wonder your clocks are low. Undervolting is the answer to your problems. I run my 3070 FE at 950mV/2025MHz, which is notably higher than stock clocks with much less power draw.

Soldato
I have the same card and it does feel like a toy compared the the FE and even to some extent the Palit.

As above, undervolt is your friend as the card is thermally limited at 200W.
I can't remember the settings as I'm working but mine now runs 1950Mhz - 2000Mhz depending on workload even at a power limit around 160W to keep the fan quiet.

At least you have a 5 year warrenty on the card, assuming you register it.

Associate
OP
I have the same card and it does feel like a toy compared the the FE and even to some extent the Palit.

As above, undervolt is your friend as the card is thermally limited at 200W.
I can't remember the settings as I'm working but mine now runs 1950Mhz - 2000Mhz depending on workload even at a power limit around 160W to keep the fan quiet.

At least you have a 5 year warrenty on the card, assuming you register it.

Yeah the card seems pretty poor overall, atleast compared to other lines. Did you have similar clock scores onstock?

If you could share your uv. Settings I'd appreciate it. Again not exactly well versed in oc and UV. But seem this is the only way forward.

Associate
OP
The starting baseline doesn't really matter much. Cheap models (and I believe the Dual is about the cheapest model around) usually have lower clocks. In addition, it's probably hitting the power limit at stock, which will lower your clocks. Undervolt and overclock it. You'll see much better performance than stock with less power draw.

Yeah, and there it is. If it's both power and temperature throttling, it's no wonder your clocks are low. Undervolting is the answer to your problems. I run my 3070 FE at 950mV/2025MHz, which is notably higher than stock clocks with much less power draw.
Ok so essentially a poor card model combined with it hitting its hard power draw is causing the clocks to drop along with occasional temps.
Is UV "easy"? Any defacto guides? Would the built in auto oc feature be any use here?

Soldato
Ok so essentially a poor card model combined with it hitting its hard power draw is causing the clocks to drop along with occasional temps.
Is UV "easy"? Any defacto guides? Would the built in auto oc feature be any use here?
There are a lot of good guides out there, but Optimum Tech gives some good information in these videos:

First one isn't Ampere-specific, but the process hasn't changed. It's very easy to do though. You'll probably want to experiment a little to find the sweet spot for your card, as silicon lottery plays a role.

Soldato
Yeah the card seems pretty poor overall, atleast compared to other lines. Did you have similar clock scores onstock?

If you could share your uv. Settings I'd appreciate it. Again not exactly well versed in oc and UV. But seem this is the only way forward.

I'd start with -200 on the core voltage, leave power limit alone and +2000 on memory.

If it's stable after a few days you can try heading towards -250 on core voltage.

nothing special

Quick and easy in MSI afterburner

Associate
OP
I'd start with -200 on the core voltage, leave power limit alone and +2000 on memory.

If it's stable after a few days you can try heading towards -250 on core voltage.

nothing special

Quick and easy in MSI afterburner
Hi Deco thanks a lot.
Did you notice it was underperforming out of the box, do you recall what clocks you were averaging at stock?

Back
Top Bottom