• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
Anyone else hoping for a crash in cryptocurrency prices? Even 1650s are being sold for +350£... ridiculous. I don't understand how even manufacturers don't consider the long term effects, what do they expect videogame developers will do on the long term if their majority of users/clients can't update their GPUs? Sure they won't work on more demanding video games and there won't be any need on upgrading the GPU at all...

Gave up trying to buy anything a long time ago. I am not wasting my time looking at the screen 24/7 or paying ridiculous prices to either private scalpers or shop-owner ones... I just can't understand how people is so keen on paying any price asked or even get to the point of using bots for buying...

Last edited:
Soldato
I've disabled all my alerts now....going to just wait. 4 months since launch and still not a sniff of a 3080. May as well wait for the Ti.

Associate
Anyone else hoping for a crash in cryptocurrency prices? Even 1650s are being sold for +350£... ridiculous. I don't understand how even manufacturers don't consider the long term effects, what do they expect videogame developers will do on the long term if their majority of users/clients can't update their GPUs? Sure they won't work on more demanding video games and there won't be any need on upgrading the GPU at all...

Gave up trying to buy anything a long time ago. I am not wasting my time looking at the screen 24/7 or paying ridiculous prices to either private scalpers or shop-owner ones... I just can't understand how people is so keen on paying any price asked or even get to the point of using bots for buying...

We can get an unrealustic view of PC gaming on these enthusiast forum. Tge vast majority of PC owners are not running even a 2060 Super yet. Game makers do cater for the lower-end (high streer pc) scene. To do otherwise is business suicide.

Associate
What will the sapphire amd 6800 xt run like on a msi z490 gaming edge mb, will it run OK compared to the 3080, or does it run better on a amd board. I have a free sync monitor

Soldato
We can get an unrealustic view of PC gaming on these enthusiast forum. Tge vast majority of PC owners are not running even a 2060 Super yet. Game makers do cater for the lower-end (high streer pc) scene. To do otherwise is business suicide.

I think most game developers are more interested in console games rather than pc games, and I reckon that'll get worse as if no-one can upgrade, there'll be stagnation in the pc market (I know, there already is) but its gonna get worse, I'm convinced of that, which means even the lower tier games for mid range systems are going to be thin on the ground. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

Soldato
Pretty awful prices for those 6800XT. It is most definitely scalper prices. More than what the auction goes for.

Looks about £100 cheaper than the same card sells for at auction. Still silly money though for what it is.

Only saving grace is that used prices are also inflated by roughly the same amount, so upgrading from (for example) a 5700 XT to a 6800 XT still costs about the same as it should. It's the people starting from scratch, or upgrading from Hardware so old/underpowered that it's useless for mining who are really paying the premium.

Back
Top Bottom