World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
Did you decide to start up or wait?

Toying with the idea of giving classic a go again as there's literally nothing to play atm. Always loved the idea of classic and enjoyed when I played but mu steady pace always left me lagging behind, and worry that now it'd be hard work trying to do things as I'd basically be a noob

I think I'll give it a go now. I've been playing retail but classic was when I really played World of Warcraft properly and it would be cool to go back to it again. I just don't know which server to pick. I want one with a large population so you always have people doing things. I always found the RP-PvP servers the most fun.

Soldato
You always remember those rose tints then look back and realise. I think I waited 20 odd Chromaggus kills to get Ashjre'thul and then got Larvae of the great worm on my first kill which I ended up using till TBC as I was a dwarf anyway with +5 skill.

Well 13 kills now, still none. :p

And we have stopped full guild raids now. We might organise some gold runs after we transfer to a new server, as we won't be recurting new players before TBC as we already have too many for that. :D

I wasn't too bad for Ashjre'thul I think out first dropped 6-7 kills and we've had at least 5 drop, though 1 hunter has 2 of them and one hunter missed out. He got his Larvae a month or so ago instead. :/
15 years ago was pretty similar with drops roughly 1 every 6-7 kills. I didn't kill KT back then as the guild got TBC beat keys so most of use were on that. :D

Don
Well 13 kills now, still none. :p

And we have stopped full guild raids now. We might organise some gold runs after we transfer to a new server, as we won't be recurting new players before TBC as we already have too many for that. :D

I wasn't too bad for Ashjre'thul I think out first dropped 6-7 kills and we've had at least 5 drop, though 1 hunter has 2 of them and one hunter missed out. He got his Larvae a month or so ago instead. :/
15 years ago was pretty similar with drops roughly 1 every 6-7 kills. I didn't kill KT back then as the guild got TBC beat keys so most of use were on that. :D
We’ve been doing MC every week pretty much since release and never had a pair of bindings drop. Think we’ve had 5 off Garr though :o

Soldato
I am not sure if it was ever discovered but there had to be some sort of algorithm. There was a horde guild on our server who must have had at least 4 windfury's in the guild.

I remember this same argument on the forums from way back in Vanilla. People were touting all sorts of methods about resetting the raid seed by swapping raid leaders and all sorts. A blue poster pretty much said that chance is chance and if you don't get the drops, it's because of RNG.

Soldato
I remember this same argument on the forums from way back in Vanilla. People were touting all sorts of methods about resetting the raid seed by swapping raid leaders and all sorts. A blue poster pretty much said that chance is chance and if you don't get the drops, it's because of RNG.

But also it's absolutely confirmed that ragnaros would target people based off their raid ID and account age.

It's easy to say RNG but how those numbers are generated is important. It's not "random" because they must use a seed. We just don't know what it is and it *might* have an effect, such as with the ragnaros thing.

Granted, someone would have talked by now if it did.

Back
Top Bottom