World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
Anyone coming back for Wrath? Played the whole of phase 1 for classic and TBC classic and burnt myself out just before phase 2 with both.

I'm in 2 minds. For me the lack of RDF is a big deal. If you'd have asked me at the beginning of vanilla classic if I wanted it I'd have said "absolutely not" but now, it'll just be too much of a faff without it, especially deeper into the expansion. If it was included I'd definitely be in.

Soldato
I played vanilla and TBC back in the day and thought about coming back for classic for the nostalgia trip but now it's moved on to wraith I guess that ship has sailed.

Soldato
I'm still playing on Firemaw (have done since day 1 of classic). Excited for Wrath as I never played it as a teenager. Also still with the same guild!

I haz 4090!
Don
Anyone coming back for Wrath? Played the whole of phase 1 for classic and TBC classic and burnt myself out just before phase 2 with both.

I'm in 2 minds. For me the lack of RDF is a big deal. If you'd have asked me at the beginning of vanilla classic if I wanted it I'd have said "absolutely not" but now, it'll just be too much of a faff without it, especially deeper into the expansion. If it was included I'd definitely be in.

I'll be playing Wrath, but I'm in the same boat as you. One of the good things about it back in the day was the dungeon finder made it a lot more accessible to casuals. Now I'm old and I have less time, I really want it to be included as it was the perfect balance of hardcore vs casual.

Everyone seems to be screaming for it on the forums but as usual, Blizz think they know best.

I can see me playing for a few weeks and then packing it in :(

Soldato
I'll be playing Wrath, but I'm in the same boat as you. One of the good things about it back in the day was the dungeon finder made it a lot more accessible to casuals. Now I'm old and I have less time, I really want it to be included as it was the perfect balance of hardcore vs casual.

Everyone seems to be screaming for it on the forums but as usual, Blizz think they know best.

I can see me playing for a few weeks and then packing it in :(
I think I'll probably level a toon but when the realisation sets in that I have to wait for ages to find dungeon groups I'll probably pack it in.

I really enjoyed the dungeon gearing in Wrath as well as being able to get all the rep you needed from dungeons wearing a tabard. RDF made this easy.

Soldato

Played up until P2 of classic then dropped it, came back about 10 weeks ago, found a nice reroll guild full of guys (and girls) with an average age of around 35, drama free, on Pyrewood with the aim of raiding one day a week, nice and casual. Been enjoying rampaging through the content again, we're currently about to do a few za runs in the weeks leading up to wrath launch - pugged a few 25 man's recently aswell. Looking forward to wrath, changes they've made so far seem very good, as to the lack of the original lfd tool, I dont mind, as long as you've got a good guild/friends list it's not an issue.

Man of Honour
I never really understood the hate for the dungeon finder. It really took the frustration out of the game for me. Playing in a group where nobody wants the responsibility of organizing, it was the perfect solution to just party up and queue.

Man of Honour
I never really understood the hate for the dungeon finder. It really took the frustration out of the game for me. Playing in a group where nobody wants the responsibility of organizing, it was the perfect solution to just party up and queue.
I've never been a fan of them in MMOs, it reduces player interaction and socialization and promotes an atmosphere whereby all people say to each other is "hi" and "cya" IF you are lucky. Coming from the early MMOs which had no dungeon finder and players were made to actually have to "speak" to each other, I've always been against anything in an MMO which reduces player interaction.

Don
As a WoW player originally that experienced it being added I can see both sides of the argument:

- It did reduce social interaction - finding good players was half of the battle in WoW originally, but once you'd either found a decent guild with active players, or filled your friends list with good players, you played together and built friendships both in and out of the game. Being able to click "join queue" completely destroyed that.

- On the flipside however - as my personal circumstances changed (family, kids etc and less gaming time), being able to jump into a dungeon, get **** done, and be finished in the time it would take to organise a dungeon run (wait for people to be online, everyone get to the instance etc), it was a saviour in terms of allowing me to continue playing and experience content that would otherwise be largely inaccessible (especially raids).

Man of Honour
As a WoW player originally that experienced it being added I can see both sides of the argument:

- It did reduce social interaction - finding good players was half of the battle in WoW originally, but once you'd either found a decent guild with active players, or filled your friends list with good players, you played together and built friendships both in and out of the game. Being able to click "join queue" completely destroyed that.

- On the flipside however - as my personal circumstances changed (family, kids etc and less gaming time), being able to jump into a dungeon, get **** done, and be finished in the time it would take to organise a dungeon run (wait for people to be online, everyone get to the instance etc), it was a saviour in terms of allowing me to continue playing and experience content that would otherwise be largely inaccessible (especially raids).
Yeah, that social interaction is the big one for me. Content , I am not so bothered about. Ultimately in 25 years of MMOing, looking back, its not the content in the MMOs which make them memorable (truth be told the content in MMOs is very poor in comparison to single player/co-op games) , its always been the social interactions/people that I remember from each MMO over those 25 years. Which is why I am so strongly against anything which reduces social interaction, I feel that in many ways if you reduce the social side of MMOs, you remove their unique selling point and cause each MMO to become very stale quickly.

Man of Honour
Those people didn't just disappear though. If you wanted to be social in a dungeon, you still could be. The dungeon finder didn't mandate silence. I met some great people in random dungeons to be honest!

Man of Honour
Those people didn't just disappear though. If you wanted to be social in a dungeon, you still could be. The dungeon finder didn't mandate silence. I met some great people in random dungeons to be honest!
In my experiences those were more the exception than the rule. As I say, the best MMOs in my times have always been the MMOs which had systems that forced more social interaction not systems which allowed for less interaction.

Back
Top Bottom