Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Looks great in UW but I’m a sofa gamer. I’ll settle for OLED 4K instead.

I had an Xbox Series X hooked up to my 4K OLED in the living room, but I'm too much of a PC gamer. FPS feel glorious on super responsive 144hz monitors with KB+M. For this game I put my feet on the desk and recline back in the office chair with an Xbox controller, very nice way to game.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I had an Xbox Series X hooked up to my 4K OLED in the living room, but I'm too much of a PC gamer. FPS feel glorious on super responsive 144hz monitors with KB+M. For this game I put my feet on the desk and recline back in the office chair with an Xbox controller, very nice way to game.

If I set it up on an UW I’d have to prise my kids off of it.

It’s not too shabby at 120Hz 4K though TBF.

Soldato
I played this for about half an hour earlier and found myself really enjoying it.

The keyboard controls aren't as bad as I expected, although I'm going to have to look at remapping the dodge key.

Associate
Finally played this through and really enjoyed it! I hope there is a second.

The game recommended that it should be played on a gamepad, but I experienced no issues on a kb + mouse. The game is mostly smooth on the spec in my sig at 1440p Epic, although there is stutter still when moving through some areas.

I missed a few crates and a secret so I think I will go back and find them, although I'm not sure I'm looking forward trekking back up to some parts of Kashyyyk!

Associate
^ Really hope the next game has some sort of fast travel system, even if only unlocked after the campaign to make sweeping up the collectibles easier.

Associate
I'm only just on Kashyyk on my first playthrough but up to now I've not found any of the planets are difficult to travel the breadth of and back quickly.

It's not too bad, but a quick travel feature would be a nice inclusion if they make another version. Kashyyyk is very long planet by the time you've explored it all - takes quite a while to get to the end of it again if you've forgotten something (like me!).

Soldato
Looks great in UW but I’m a sofa gamer. I’ll settle for OLED 4K instead.

Oddly with both the exact same monitor as the guy you quoted and a 65" LG CX in the living room which I hook up my PC too. I'd say I'm about 50/50 for controller games. Really depends on the mood. If I want to be properly immersed then I'm at my PC. If I want to chill, then I'm on the sofa.

Soldato
Trying to avoid spoilers, so apologies if this has been asked before. Currently playing kb+mouse, only really just started, happy enough with most things so far, but the dodge key on Z is just tough to get to. Any recommendations of key layouts to maybe try? Do I really need dodge, or is parry enough? I presume power attacks (still not sure how to recognise those properly) have to be dodged?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Trying to avoid spoilers, so apologies if this has been asked before. Currently playing kb+mouse, only really just started, happy enough with most things so far, but the dodge key on Z is just tough to get to. Any recommendations of key layouts to maybe try? Do I really need dodge, or is parry enough? I presume power attacks (still not sure how to recognise those properly) have to be dodged?

Power attacks are when the enemy turns red, these cannot be parried, so you need to dodge.

Associate

I changed dodge from Z to Alt and found it much better - and yes, dodge is used quite a bit. Everything else I kept as default.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Oddly with both the exact same monitor as the guy you quoted and a 65" LG CX in the living room which I hook up my PC too. I'd say I'm about 50/50 for controller games. Really depends on the mood. If I want to be properly immersed then I'm at my PC. If I want to chill, then I'm on the sofa.

Only ever game late at night and by that point I’m always up for chilling out on the sofa with a pad instead of K&M.

Have to say UW does look good though.

Soldato
Only ever game late at night and by that point I’m always up for chilling out on the sofa with a pad instead of K&M.

Have to say UW does look good though.

Honestly, UW is the best upgrade I've done to the PC in a long time. If you're itching for an upgrade, do it and don't look back!

Soldato
Another +1 for ultrawide. It looks glorious with this game. One of the planets with that massive dog/lizard thing in the background looked incredible

it's a shame windows can't do HDR screenshots properly as I've taken some, in my mind, gems but they look terrible.

really getting into this game. Found the combat pretty tricky initially but now I've unlocked more skills and beefed my health up and gotten used to it (i was trying to play it like assassins creed) I'm really enjoying it. Not much of a Star Wars fan so I don't know/care about the story but the gameplay is brilliant

Soldato
I play everything on m & kb apart from racers and 2D fighting games however, for this game I just found the controller much easier to use, particularly as the combat is fairly tough before you start levelling up. Real shame you can't carry over your levelled up skills in new game+. It would have been really satisfying to play through the game is a total badass Jedi.

Soldato
I play everything on m & kb apart from racers and 2D fighting games however, for this game I just found the controller much easier to use, particularly as the combat is fairly tough before you start levelling up. Real shame you can't carry over your levelled up skills in new game+. It would have been really satisfying to play through the game is a total badass Jedi.

I found controller much more manageable in Shadow of War and Batman, does this end up with as many skills etc to use, or is it a bit simpler? I couldn't imagine building combos of moves/powers on mouse and keyboard for Arkham games.

Back
Top Bottom