Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Soldato
I found controller much more manageable in Shadow of War and Batman, does this end up with as many skills etc to use, or is it a bit simpler? I couldn't imagine building combos of moves/powers on mouse and keyboard for Arkham games.
The combat doesn't get quite as intense compared to Shadow and Batman in terms of the frequency of having to parry but if you played those games with controller, then I would imagine you will find the combat at least, much quicker to get to grips with compared to mouse & keyboard. Another plus for the controller is the feedback from the light sabre; it really is an awesome weapon and the parries feel really solid and satisfying coming through the controller. Couple this with some heavy bass headphones cranked up and the light sabre battles really can be quite special!

I remapped my dodge and parry keys on the controller too if I remember correctly. I think I had dodge mapped to the B button and block/parry to LT. That way the main light sabre movements were on the left and right triggers which felt more... authentic badass Jedi I guess! :D

Soldato
Tried assigning dodge with the back button my mouse, taking me a little while to get used to it, but finding it better. Just needs some practice.

I have dodge assigned to space, jump is shift, and run is one of the side buttons on my mouse.

Space to dodge just feels more natural to me.

Soldato
Struggling to get enthralled by this. Enjoying it I guess, and I'd be the first to admit I haven't really got that far (done the intro planet and starter planet, beginning of the next one). Just don't feel the pull to keep playing. Does it change up much? Or is it mostly more of the same, and if it's not my thing, it's not my thing?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Struggling to get enthralled by this. Enjoying it I guess, and I'd be the first to admit I haven't really got that far (done the intro planet and starter planet, beginning of the next one). Just don't feel the pull to keep playing. Does it change up much? Or is it mostly more of the same, and if it's not my thing, it's not my thing?

There's some nice action parts soon after, but yea the game is pretty much what you'd expect. I'm struggling to get invested in the story.

Back
Top Bottom